Code of Conduct

Thread: Wedding Scent

Smile Wedding Scent

Hi all

so I am a guest at a wedding in a couple of weeks and will be purchasing a fragrance for the event...so.....suggestions?

i was thinking vera wang or Pi? should i go dark woody or daytime fresh?

Default Re: Wedding Scent

It depends entirely on the time of day. If the wedding is in the evening, I'd recommend Creed's Bois du Portugal. If it's during the day.. Creed's Feuille Verte or L'Artisan's Voleur de Roses. Have fun at the wedding!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

its both...wedding during the day then dinner at night!

mmmmmm...decisions....maybe fahrenheit? ......should i have SOTD *and* SOTE?

ahhhhhhhhh. please help me fellow expert basnoters!

Quote Originally Posted by JP1
    its both...wedding during the day then dinner at night!

mmmmmm...decisions....maybe fahrenheit? ......should i have SOTD *and* SOTE?

ahhhhhhhhh. please help me fellow expert basnoters!
    CD's Fahrenheit would work. I wish I knew what's in your wardrobe. What other fragrances do you have in mind?
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

A kind of practical point of view: if there will be a dinner/supper after the ceremony bear in mind that the smell of heavier foods -onion, garlic, stewd meat, etc- may interfere with your frag, especially in summer. In this case I would choose some neutral, clean frag, like Equipage, Mugler Cologne.

auber I have attached my wardrobe in the signature box....

From your wardrobe, Egoiste and Envy are both great imo.

Go with Envy or Boucheron PH!

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JP1
    auber I have attached my wardrobe in the signature box....
    You actually have a good wardrobe to choose from. Whenever I go to a party that starts on the late day/early evenings, I usually pick a scent that has a decent longevity on me. That way, I don't have to "refresh" constantly. Just in case, I do bring a small decant with me. With that in mind, I checked your lists that you rated five on longevity. I've narrowed to list to:

1.) Egoiste-- one of my favorites.
    2.) Creed MI-- you could never go wrong.
    3.) Dzing! by L'artisan. Does this really stay with you for a long time?

I usually bring a handcherchief and spray a little bit of juice in it.. in case of an emergency.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your wardrobe with us!!

Basenotes Plus

Egoiste or Dzing! I'm thinking Egoiste is maybe a touch more formal but either would be wonderful, they're beauts.
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

You have lots of good ones to choose from in your wardrobe. From your collection I would be choosing from among:
    Egoiste
    Fahrenheit
    M7
    Rive Gauche

I attended a wedding yesterday (hot weather, daytime, indoors) and considered all of the above, plus Chanel Antaeus. My two finalists were Antaeus and M7, and I ultimately chose M7.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Go Egoiste!

I got married on June 10th and I wore Creed GIT.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_Lee
    I got married on June 10th and I wore Creed GIT.
    Good for you ! Great scent, great memories !

Git
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Overcome By Fumes

You did say in your first post that you intended to purchase a new scent for the occasion, so I am not sure why knowing what is in your wardrobe would matter, except for things to exclude as new purchases.

Therefore, one that would be fresh yet rich and lasting, which would fit the bill, would be Helmut Lang.

I used Clive Christian 1872 and it was complimented at a recent wedding.
    Last edited by stuigi; 16th March 2007 at 06:34 PM.

Wink Re: Wedding Scent

im thinkin bout somethin beautiful. somethin to take the mind to the ocean, fields or anywhere thats a beautiful outdoors setting for a wedding maybe a rose scent. aoud rose petals (dark and beautiful at the same time) crystalflowers sounds good too or somethin very different like another member said was dzing.
    come 2 the edge he said,they said we scared,come 2 the edge he said, they came,he pushed them and they flew.