Code of Conduct

Question Unscented body care products?

I saw this topic in the Men's forum, and I'd love to know what the women here think -- do you have favorite body lotions, soaps and deoderants that you choose for there lack of fragrance, to avoid fighting your perfume?

I know a lot of you layer, but that gets expensive when you are trying new scents. Many of the "unscented" items I've tried smell just as strong as their scented counterparts (and not in a good way). Can anyone recommend a good basic moisturizer and/or soap that is pleasant to use, but can be counted on not to leave a scent trail? Thank!

Default Re: Unscented body care products?

Here in Europe, you can buy this unscented stuff at the Bodyshop. They usually sell products of good quality, so have a try there :-)).

Smile Re: Unscented body care products?

The best bodylotion I know about is Kiehl's Creme De Corps Body Moisturizer with Pump 500ml. A very good bodylotion, and does not leave a scent trial at all. I have bought it on Strawberrynet and Ebay (cheapest, spesially for Us) Soaps and deodorants without scent are easier to find I think

I've been using this terrific body lotion made by Vaseline Intensive Care. Now even though this is not a 100% scent-free product I find that it NEVER interferes with my fragrances. The best part about it, is that it leaves my skin fantasticly soft and so well moisturized for at least 24hr...

The product I've been using comes in a light blue bottle with a pump style top and a dark blue lid. It's called Age-Defying Moisture Firming & Radiance Lotion... I really could not be happier. This one should be readily available in US, as I've seen it at Wal-Mart and Shoppers Drugmart here in Canada. I've actually found that it makes my fragrance of the day last even longer on my skin .
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Lubriderm unscented is pretty neutral smelling. I use that. Jojoba oil is completely unscented, but the texture is oily. I use that, too. Suave aloe shampoo is cheap and doesn't smell like much.

Curel products are close to unscented and I don't find that they leave a scent trail on my skin. I agree that using a moisturizer helps the endurance of whatever scent I'm wearing. I use Aveeno unscented body wash and it's not bad for unscented as well. I'm looking for a good quality unscented shampoo and conditioner - any suggestions?

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

I think we need to hear from Twolf who has often advised us on the value of combining scent and moisturizer for lasting effects.

In winter when my old hide gets real dry, I have been turning to the fragrance-free version of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula. I found it at Target. Very inexpensive. When you first apply it, it smells mildly funky for a minute or two (because the ingredients aren't masked by any fragrance). The unscented version has a purple label on the pump bottle.

I sought out the Palmer's because it is rated as tops for moisturizing by 400+ reviewers on makeupalley (reviews).
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Smile Re: Unscented body care products?

Thanks for all the great suggestions, and for the tip about moisturizer as a way of extending fragrance life -- I never would have guessed that!

Dr. Bronner's unscented castile soap and body lotions are very mild. As long as you don't mind the preachy stuff he writes on the bottles. It does make for an inspiring bathroom read though :-D
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ayala
    Dr. Bronner's unscented castile soap and body lotions are very mild. As long as you don't mind the preachy stuff he writes on the bottles. It does make for an inspiring bathroom read though :-D
    Is that man sane? Everything from God to birth control is on there.