Code of Conduct

Default Givenchy Gentleman being retroduced @ Macy*s

I noticed this weekend my local Macys is now carrying Gentleman and pushing it to clients like its a new product.

I don't mind for its a classic that is welcome back to see it at the fragrance counter again. Just hate that generic bottle Givenchy is using these days....

Default Re: Givenchy Gentleman being retroduced @ Macy*s

Great stuff. Not the fanciest bottle but it's a good weight, has good balance. Fits well in the hand. I like the black rubber ring around the top where the cap fits. All in all just has a good masculine feel about it.

I do not like Gentleman at all, I use to dislike Aramis and Gentleman becuase I had found them too heavy, so the other day I decided to give them both another try and to my surprise I started to like Aramis when used lightly. Gentleman still does not click with me.

As a matter of coincidence I was cleaning this morning my wardrobe and wanted to spray my wrist with Gentleman as I haven't worn this one for a while: Gosh !, still a wonderful and timeless classic. One of the best patchouli themed fragrances, ever; IMO.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

What is the price they are selling it for?

I too used to like Gentleman until some guy at work started using it as a "splash" after shave. He did this for months, and I really got sick of the scent. I can't even hardly be around it now without gagging, which is sad. It is a well-made frag, though.

Glad to see the classics starting to make a comeback @ Macy's.
    Top 5 for Fall:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) New York - Nicolai
    3) Terre d'Hermes
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5)
    Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

come on guys, the shit rocks rivals any patchouli frag out there IMO...

I Gentleman alot (thanks to Phil sending me a sample). Complex, well balanced patchouli scent. It`s absolutely great and long lasting, but still not something I can see myself wearing.

I like the generic bottle style of Givenchy`s btw, just I like it with Caron`s as well, for instance.

This is refreshing news for sure.....maybe some of the classics can make a comeback.
    Gary

Funny enough, my girlfriend who otherwise is not big on men’s fragrances introduced me to Givenchy Gentlemen. Apparently a gentlemen in his mid-50s stepped into the salon were she is working for a haircut. All of the women (between 20-55 of age) in the salon went absolutely crazy over the cologne he was wearing. However, no one really dared to approach him to ask about the cologne. Finally my girlfriend found the courage to ask. She received a somewhat avoiding answer from the gentlemen who clearly was proud of the compliment and the attention that he got, saying that it was ”an old classic” that she probably never heard of. When he is about to leave the salon, he approaches my girlfriends work space and whispers ”Givenchy Gentlemen” before he leaves smiling. She particularly noticed the strong patchouli note in the fragrance that according to her is a very masculine fragrance note. Yes, she is also a big fan of scents like Rive Gauche PH, particularly the “intense” version. Personally, it is a note that I perceive somewhat ”dirty” and it did not really use to be a favorite of mine. Anyway, I decided to check ”GG” out and got IMO a good deal on a bottle over ebay for 18 dollar…My first impression of sniffing this one out of the bottle was not exactly ”sex in a bottle” but rather ”mature refined gentlemen dressed in a tuxedo, going to the opera”. Also I found the leather note very prominent, more so than the patchouli at first, which I thought were strange considering all the reviews here at base notes…. However, one should never be too eager to judge a fragrance on first impressions so I decided to wear it for a week. I must say that this is a piece of art that only reveals itself once you spray it on (your) skin….the top notes when first applied are somewhat overpowering but once it settles in on the skin and opens up it has a tale to tell. This fragrance is amazingly well balanced, has base notes to die for and manages to be very masculine and refined at the same time. I also think it is quite versatile if applied sparingly and it interacts well with warm skin which seems to give the fragrance new life in a good way. If you hate patchouli you should probably stay away, but for everybody else – I highly recommend that you give this one a try.