Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question One scent for the rest of your life.

Price being no object, if you could wear only one scent until the end of time, what would it be and why?

Thrax

Default Re: One scent for the rest of your life.

Dior Homme

KOUROS.

WHY???....Because it is the greatest fragrance ever.....ever.

Aqua Motu by CSP, it suits me, and i have had the most compliments about this than any fragrance ever! my daughter says it makes daddy smell like a penguin!

Talking Re: One scent for the rest of your life.

Such a tough question... That scene must be quite, gentle, soft and mature, right? Let me see... My lifetime perfume should be Opium pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Markinlondon
    Aqua Motu by CSP, it suits me, and i have had the most compliments about this than any fragrance ever! my daughter says it makes daddy smell like a penguin!
    I got this one after reading your daughter's comment about the penguin pool actually. A few weeks later I received a sample of Montale Sandflowers and I'll be damned if they aren't extremely similar. But the Sandflowers has got an INCREDIBLE longetivity which I really don't think Aqua Motu has. So if you'd like something that stays and stays but is just like the CSP I suggest you contact mainsonstinky here on Basenotes and at least buy a sample!

My own choice would probably be Daim Blond.

For me, it is Very Irresistible for men. Although quite a bit of people here think it boring, it is just enthralling for me. Besides, I have always loved sweets :P

I WAS going to say Eternity. I just tried it on for the first time since becoming a junkie,.. and for some reason it smells completely different than I remember. Its not a very pleasent smell. Eternity was basically the only thing I've worn for the past 15 years so I figured it would stand the test of time.

With that out, and my L'artisan package yet to arrive,. I'm giving my vote to Chanel Allure Homme. I love it, chicks love it, and it works well with my usual atmosphere without much of a concern for seasons.

The choice is clear: Eau Sauvage

Difficult one! It would have to be something very versatile, and classic. Guerlain Vetiver I think.

that's hard, probably XS. Monsieur de Givenchy could do it too.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Hermès Poivre Samarcande. I just wish they'd made a Concentré version of the stuff, it's too light as it is. But as of now it's my top scent.

MKK Intense

Although it would be hard to limit myself to only one scent, if someone would put a gun to my head I'd choose Original Vetiver by Creed

D&g Ph

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxin
    I WAS going to say Eternity. I just tried it on for the first time since becoming a junkie,.. and for some reason it smells completely different than I remember. Its not a very pleasent smell. Eternity was basically the only thing I've worn for the past 15 years so I figured it would stand the test of time.

With that out, and my L'artisan package yet to arrive,. I'm giving my vote to Chanel Allure Homme. I love it, chicks love it, and it works well with my usual atmosphere without much of a concern for seasons.
    I use to like Eternity as well before, but now it gives me a headche, I like Very Sexy For Him which smells like Eternity but much better.

well well, very interesting that mostly non-niche fragrances have been chosen so far!

for me without a dount - SMW - its heavenly, complements galore and Creeds personal fav scent.

Eau Lente

Hi all,

Oooooh, such a tough question! I LOVE my SMN "ACQUA DI CUBA", YSL "KOURSO", LORENZO VILLORESI "PIPER NIGRUM", MPG "EAU DES ILES",
    SMN "PATCHOULI", MPG "ROUTE DU VETIVER", DIPTYQUE "L'AUTRE",
    L'ARTISAN "DZING!" GUERLAIN "HABIT ROUGE" and soooooo many other fragrances that I do NOT presently own (such as LERGE LUTENS MKK or MONTALE). That being said, IF, if I had to choose only ONE for the rest of my life...I continue to choose CREED TABAROME MILLESIME!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Dull (you may say) but worthy (I insist) :
    ELEMENTS by Hugo Boss.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

My choice could be A*Men. It`s one of the very few scents that are never boring or tiresome. Always exciting, always very stimulating.

The one scent....Nicole Miller for Men. Without a doubt my absolute favourite....with so many others I own now, I save it and horde it like a prisoner. However, I've never come across something that was so conflicting yet inviting...all the frag notes contradict each other yet still work together...such a wonderful blend. And I'm a scotch fan, so the boozy note is a real nice thing....lol!

Purple Label for Me,...... The reason.....1st, I Love the fragrance....and the 2nd reason...I receive more compliments from this than all of the others put together.
    Gary

Black Aoud by Montale

If I could only have one scent, I would schedule an appointment with Olivier Creed and fly to Paris!! I will have Olivier 'create' a fragrance specially for me. Then it will be my "signature" scent for the rest of my life!!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Git

...impossible task...and the very thought of choosing just one is enough to make me break down and sob. However, if I had to pick just one house, I think it just might be Givenchy!

Vetiver Extraordinaire by F. Malle.

Really tough question as i change a lot my fragrances.

But for me it would either be Silver Mountain Water by Creed, Marc Jacobs for Men or Thierry Mugler Cologne.

All these three scents are very versatile, i love them to death and i get a lot of compliments when i wear them.

Envy.

Old Spice

Passage D'enfer.

Of all the scents I know -no Creeds, Serge Lutens, CdG- it's Geir. It has so many faces, a feature I haven't found in any of the several hundreds of frags I know.

Gucci Pour Homme.

I think I'd choose Santal Noble (MPG). ah.., how I love this masterpiece from Jean Laporte. Simple, yet stunning!

close second would be Guerlains L'Instant pour homme

No.

It's variety of scent or nothing at all.

Let's spin the fragrance wheel.............

Somebody mentioned earlier thats its strange that so few niche frags have come up. I think its because if you had to wear something for the rest of your life something terribly unique would start to be boring or maybe even awkward. If you asked the same question about cars I'd bet very few people would pick a Bugatti, sometimes its just not appropriate.

If I had to wear one scent for the rest of my life it would be Emporio Armani He, a very close second would be Givenchy pour Homme, which I got as a random gift from my grandmother, because she found a gift set(4.2oz bottle and refill) for $8.50canadian.

If I could only choose one (what a horrible thought), I would want something that I really love, that is ALSO versatile, not something that is MERELY versatile.

My top three contenders would be YSL M7, YSL Kouros and Chanel Antaeus, probably in that order.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

An absurd but interesting idea.

Czech & Speake No. 88

Exclamation Re: One scent for the rest of your life.

one scent for the rest of your life which everybody would like

it's CHANEL Pour Monsieur

for it's versatility

various mentioned perfumes above are rather specific and Pour Monsieur is timeless

foetidus- you have excellent taste! Mine, however, would be Aramis Havana.

Easy.................Ungaro III

Tea for Two

Besides really hot/humid days this will work for most anything. It is wonderful for cooler climates but great for night times and dates. Formal wear and casual wear have no affect on this one. It is so versatile.

R de Capucci

It has a quite different top, middle and base, and they are all fantastic. So it's like three in one!
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCase
    Price being no object, if you could wear only one scent until the end of time, what would it be and why?
    This would be an excruciatingly difficult, perhaps impossible, decision to make. I would have to choose one from among the following:

- Chanel Egoiste
    - Caron L’Impact de Pour un Homme
    - Czech & Speake No. 88
    - Czech & Speake Neroli
    - Boucheron Jaipur Homme EDP
    - Clive Christian 1872
    - Chanel Bois des Iles

I haven't thoroughly put all my newly acquired frags through their paces, but I'd probably go for Geir - it's a great scent for all seasons and very unique.

Trebor

Its funny to see a lot of the same frag popping up, Egoiste, Geir and No.88 have come up three times or more each, probably others.

Blog Entries

How about a compromise....

For spring/summer, due to the amount of compliments I've received lately, I wouldn't mind wearing Kenneth Cole Reaction each & every spring & summer.

For fall/winter, I'd wear Bulgari Black

And I'd sneak a few squirts of CK be whenever I could.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

This question is implicitly in my mind whenever I'm wearing a fragrance--any fragrance. Could this one be me always? Could I make it? Could it make me?

I'd go with Guerlain's Vetiver, but L'Artisan's Santal and Voleur de Rose have equal pull for this answer.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeFromManhattan
    Old Spice
    Were you being serious or just checking to see if anyone was actually reading the responses? To each their own I suppose...

Anyways, I would choose Coco Chanel, because it's my absolutely favorite and the EDT and EDP strengths are actually quite different in personality while still remaining the same scent. It also has a pretty decent line of body products, which is nice to mix things up.
    The pursuit of philosophy is the hope that there is more to life than we realize. By philosophy, however, we come to realize that in fact there is less to life than previously imagined.

The Old Spice guy might have been serious, its not exactly ground breaking but its pretty straightforward and won't offend anyone. If you had to wear the same thing everyday until you died there are choices that could be a lot worse.

Besides, I think we all know someone who plans on wearing Old Spice until the end of time. Or until he doesn't get a bottle for Christmas...at which point he will dig into his arsenal of English Leather....(looks at shoe box of EL, pulls out a bottle, removes top, smells top)"English Leather, Christmas 1989. An excellent vintage"

There are so many interesting scents that I would love to choose, but if I'm going to be wearing it for the REST OF MY LIFE, it had better be versatile.

TM Cologne.

or Bvlgari PH.

or Yang.

I can't decide. So shoot me.

It would need to be something that would never get boring but still could be used in many situations. I'm thinking Tabarome Millesime or Michael Kors.

Quote Originally Posted by innamoramento
    Envy.
    Envy!!

KO

This one is easy. Creed Green Irish Tweed. It really suits me and it is a perfect match for my skin chemistry. Clean, fresh and projects well for me.

THE KING!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    This one is easy. Creed Green Irish Tweed. It really suits me and it is a perfect match for my skin chemistry. Clean, fresh and projects well for me.

THE KING!
    THE KING????
    You can't honestly be trying to put GIT in the same league as the almighty Kouros?
    Last edited by rompip; 5th July 2006 at 05:30 PM.

In terms of the parameters of the Topic I would have to say Guerlain Vetiver would be a fantastic choice. Its soooo versatile and it's brilliant and not boring.

Anvers by Ulrich Lang. Light with some leather and tobacco. Touted as "introspective" which suits me well. Good juice!

Antaeus CHANEL
    Invisible Power

One fragrance for the rest of my life....that's tough. It would have to be Genderme, something light enough to wear to work, but also smells nice to those that get "close" in social situations.