Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question One scent for the rest of your life.

Price being no object, if you could wear only one scent until the end of time, what would it be and why?

Thrax

Default Re: One scent for the rest of your life.

Dior Homme

KOUROS.

WHY???....Because it is the greatest fragrance ever.....ever.

Aqua Motu by CSP, it suits me, and i have had the most compliments about this than any fragrance ever! my daughter says it makes daddy smell like a penguin!

Talking Re: One scent for the rest of your life.

Such a tough question... That scene must be quite, gentle, soft and mature, right? Let me see... My lifetime perfume should be Opium pour Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by Markinlondon
    Aqua Motu by CSP, it suits me, and i have had the most compliments about this than any fragrance ever! my daughter says it makes daddy smell like a penguin!
    I got this one after reading your daughter's comment about the penguin pool actually. A few weeks later I received a sample of Montale Sandflowers and I'll be damned if they aren't extremely similar. But the Sandflowers has got an INCREDIBLE longetivity which I really don't think Aqua Motu has. So if you'd like something that stays and stays but is just like the CSP I suggest you contact mainsonstinky here on Basenotes and at least buy a sample!

My own choice would probably be Daim Blond.

For me, it is Very Irresistible for men. Although quite a bit of people here think it boring, it is just enthralling for me. Besides, I have always loved sweets :P

I WAS going to say Eternity. I just tried it on for the first time since becoming a junkie,.. and for some reason it smells completely different than I remember. Its not a very pleasent smell. Eternity was basically the only thing I've worn for the past 15 years so I figured it would stand the test of time.

With that out, and my L'artisan package yet to arrive,. I'm giving my vote to Chanel Allure Homme. I love it, chicks love it, and it works well with my usual atmosphere without much of a concern for seasons.

The choice is clear: Eau Sauvage

Difficult one! It would have to be something very versatile, and classic. Guerlain Vetiver I think.

that's hard, probably XS. Monsieur de Givenchy could do it too.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Hermès Poivre Samarcande. I just wish they'd made a Concentré version of the stuff, it's too light as it is. But as of now it's my top scent.

MKK Intense

Although it would be hard to limit myself to only one scent, if someone would put a gun to my head I'd choose Original Vetiver by Creed

D&g Ph

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxin
    I WAS going to say Eternity. I just tried it on for the first time since becoming a junkie,.. and for some reason it smells completely different than I remember. Its not a very pleasent smell. Eternity was basically the only thing I've worn for the past 15 years so I figured it would stand the test of time.

With that out, and my L'artisan package yet to arrive,. I'm giving my vote to Chanel Allure Homme. I love it, chicks love it, and it works well with my usual atmosphere without much of a concern for seasons.
    I use to like Eternity as well before, but now it gives me a headche, I like Very Sexy For Him which smells like Eternity but much better.

well well, very interesting that mostly non-niche fragrances have been chosen so far!

for me without a dount - SMW - its heavenly, complements galore and Creeds personal fav scent.

Eau Lente

Hi all,

Oooooh, such a tough question! I LOVE my SMN "ACQUA DI CUBA", YSL "KOURSO", LORENZO VILLORESI "PIPER NIGRUM", MPG "EAU DES ILES",
    SMN "PATCHOULI", MPG "ROUTE DU VETIVER", DIPTYQUE "L'AUTRE",
    L'ARTISAN "DZING!" GUERLAIN "HABIT ROUGE" and soooooo many other fragrances that I do NOT presently own (such as LERGE LUTENS MKK or MONTALE). That being said, IF, if I had to choose only ONE for the rest of my life...I continue to choose CREED TABAROME MILLESIME!

Regards,
    SixCats!

Dull (you may say) but worthy (I insist) :
    ELEMENTS by Hugo Boss.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

My choice could be A*Men. It`s one of the very few scents that are never boring or tiresome. Always exciting, always very stimulating.

The one scent....Nicole Miller for Men. Without a doubt my absolute favourite....with so many others I own now, I save it and horde it like a prisoner. However, I've never come across something that was so conflicting yet inviting...all the frag notes contradict each other yet still work together...such a wonderful blend. And I'm a scotch fan, so the boozy note is a real nice thing....lol!

Purple Label for Me,...... The reason.....1st, I Love the fragrance....and the 2nd reason...I receive more compliments from this than all of the others put together.
    Gary

Black Aoud by Montale

If I could only have one scent, I would schedule an appointment with Olivier Creed and fly to Paris!! I will have Olivier 'create' a fragrance specially for me. Then it will be my "signature" scent for the rest of my life!!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Git

...impossible task...and the very thought of choosing just one is enough to make me break down and sob. However, if I had to pick just one house, I think it just might be Givenchy!

Vetiver Extraordinaire by F. Malle.

Really tough question as i change a lot my fragrances.

But for me it would either be Silver Mountain Water by Creed, Marc Jacobs for Men or Thierry Mugler Cologne.

All these three scents are very versatile, i love them to death and i get a lot of compliments when i wear them.

Envy.