Code of Conduct

Default A*Men: Born on the 4th of July

This is a fragrance I have loathed for quite a long time due to it's superficial chocolate scent and strength. It is not that friends, today is the day I became devout A*Men lover!

I have been testing this from a sample for quite a long time. I have also been testing B*Men along the side of it. My initial testings resulted in my opinion that who could wear such vile garabage? The answer? I can!

It is not a chocolate fragrance to me, it is a very deep coffee, tar fragrance that when I look through the soul of it, I actually see something icy blue. It smacks of sex in a bottle and is everything I wished a patchouly fragrance could be so for my purposes, I think of A*men as a mysterious coffee and patchouly fragrance. As bold as it is, there is something fresh hidden in there lurking in the darkness.

It is intoxicating and comforting yet wildly seductive. Even when I smell this on my self, I feel sexual. This is an emotion that I frequently have when I pass by the women's counter and smell angel, the very sexy ladies counterpart.

B*men did not do it for me. It smells like the tar and coffee/chocolate note were taken out. It is the decaff of Amen.

Count me on the bandwagon of eternal Amen lovers! Tigurshka's review in the directory got me thinking of this and Pauls dead on comment in his review of Bmen was correct. So, I finally found the magic that lies in this gem!

Oh yeah, today I bought the large Metal Flacon of it and I am considering the deo stick!

Default Re: A*Men: Born on the 4th of July

I forgot to add that the summer flash is absolutely amazing! All of their stock was gone but I still got to sample it from the tester!

Post Thanks / Like

For me, B*Men is far better and more wearable because of the spice notes.

A*Men can be very sweet and cloying in hot/humid weather.

I also grew to love A*men after initially hating it.

I now appreciate how much lavender there is in it - this may be the 'blue' note?

I get chocolate more than coffee though.

I did one direct spray and then one walk-through. I found myself craving just one more spray but would that be living on the edge? LOL! I have enjoyed it tremendously today!

Quote Originally Posted by Fragrant Counterpoint
    I forgot to add that the summer flash is absolutely amazing! All of their stock was gone but I still got to sample it from the tester!
    What is summer flash like?