Code of Conduct

Talking Jaipur Homme: OK, that does it...

...now I want this stuff badly.

So, I went to Von Maur to test out more smellies. Although I know that the dry spell in fragrances right now won't end until August, the only thing new was Davidoff Silver Shadow, which has been out on the other side of the pond for eons (and no tester... figures).

Disappointed, I decided to retry Boucheron's Jaipur Homme, as it's a fave scent of one of my friends. Although I had sampled it twice before, I thought "oh, I need to try this again". So, I sprized some of the EdP on from the tester, and...

BAM! I was in love. Talk about the ultimate classy woody scent... pure lust in a bottle. I can't understand why I don't have this in my collection already.

I didn't have a chance to get the bottle of Jaipur Homme, but, as Arnold Schwarzenegger would say: "I'll be baack."
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) Musk Oud - By Kilian
    4) Encre Noire - Lalique
    5)
    M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Jaipur Homme: OK, that does it...

Did you try the edt or the edp? I haven't figured out which one I like better, and I haven't even figured out if it's a scent I want to own period. I do like it, but it might be too sweet for me. I need to try it again. I think I'm leaning towards the edt. Btw, it's super cheap on scentiments.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    So, I sprized some of the EdP on from the tester, and...

Yeah, I love the EDT. I actually don't wear it that often, but when I do, I'm using it as you-know-what in a bottle!

I look forward to trying the EDP.

Wear it well!

Ah, thank you Luca, I missed that. I thought back to the two times I've worn this scent out, and I recall much liking it when I wore the edt and disliking it when I wore the edp. This may have been pure coincidence. I need to test more.

The EDP is what I own....AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    The EDP is what I own....AWESOME!
    The Fraiche is good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    The Fraiche is good as well.
    Last year's Fraicheur Epicee was great.I have not sampled this year's limited edition/Fraiche.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

Overcome By Fumes

This has been a favorite since I first got into fragrances a couple years ago, and I can't say anything has consistently beat it despite hundreds of other fragrances sniffed. I honestly don't find a world of difference between the edt and the edp. The Fresh version(s) is a bit thinner and crisper, and I don't believe that the summer releases are different from each other either.

You didn't ask, but here's a girl's point of view: oh yes, you NEED this!!!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    The Fresh version(s) is a bit thinner and crisper, and I don't believe that the summer releases are different from each other either.
    Last year's summer release had received few but very favorable reviews.In contrary,this year's summer edition had a lukewarm reception.
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I must be one of the very fews who thinks that EdT is actually better than EdP.
    To me EdT is more complex, while EdP is very flat with powder.

But of course, although I like EdT more, that doesn`t mean that I wouldn`t love EdP too...

You can't go wrong with Boucheron Jaipur Homme. I prefer the EDP. This is an absolutely beautiful woody oriental with notes of amber, nutmeg, vanilla, and tonka.

My younger brother (who I don't get to see very often) turned me on to this fragrance, and he is not even a member of Basenotes. Last Christmas, I was walking along with my brother, and I kept noticing a very beautiful and subtle oriental incense, but I didn't know where it was coming from. Suddenly, I realized the wonderful incense was probably coming from some fragrance that my brother was wearing. I asked him if he was wearing cologne. When he replied that, yes, he was wearing cologne, I realized that this was my chance to sincerely give him a great compliment on how good he smelled and how fantastic his choice of fragrance was. I could tell that he really enjoyed receiving the compliment. I didn't know what fragrance he was wearing, so I asked him. He replied that it was Jaipur Homme by Boucheron.

Cheers!

I am SHOCKED! Mf, you should have had it in your collection years ago! How'd you survive without it? What do you spray on for a hot date?

It's a fantastic fragrance.

Within a year it has leapt into a position where it very closely rivals my longstanding favourite - D&G By - which I think it shares similarities with.

I have the EDT and EDP versions - both are excellent in their own way. The EDP lasts for over 24 hours on me - awesome staying power - yet it still stays respectfully close to the skin. This makes it perfect for work or an intimate occasion. The EDT is a bit more up front, and as a result doesn't last as long.

In terms of the fragrance itself, there are some minor differences. The EDT has more of the 'salted popcorn' element, whereas in the EDP there is more of the almond (heliotrope) note at the same stage.

And the metal EDP bottle is a thing of beauty also.

All in all, a masterpiece I would never be without!

I really wanted to like Jaipur, and bought the EDP blind three or four years ago. Dante, I too smell similarities with D&G By. I like By a lot, even though Orientals generally aren't my cup of tea. The animal notes sound out in By, but in Jaipur, after about 15 minutes I really smell like a combination of baby power and baby oil. Maybe that sexes some women up.

Mark
    Last edited by Dayknight; 7th July 2006 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    Within a year it has leapt into a position where it very closely rivals my longstanding favourite - D&G By - which I think it shares similarities with.
    What a coincidence! I just showered and spritzed some By on my white T-shirt. Love it as a SOTE frag. These two do go hand in hand!