Code of Conduct

Default Do you shy away from fragrances endorsed by celebrities?

I'd like to know how many people here are turned off from buying a new bottle when they roll up to the counter and the displays and merchandising have a celebrity's image all over them.

Now hear me out here, I know these things are going to have nothing to do with how it actually smells. But think of how obsessed the industry is with packaging. Don't get me wrong i do like interesting packaging, it helps express the fragrance sometimes. But I HATE when I know a company has paid a celebrity a whole bunch of money to be the spokesperson for a certain fragrance, when they could have put that money into making the fragrance or packaging better. The best fragrances don't need a celeb hawking them. Also, choice of spokesperson according to who they want to market the fragrance to sometimes alienates other demographics. And lastly, I tend to think of celeb endorsed fragrances as corny, or not serious.

For example:

A Fragrance that i like, but i feel falls short of what it could be is Life, by Aramis. There are many negative reviews of this fragrance around. It is half decent, but not spectacular.
    If Aramis played their cards right maybe they could have had another havana, or JHL. Instead they probably payed Andre Agasi big bucks to endorse it, and skipped on the fragrance. Also it's suggestive marketing, Agasi is a middle aged man, with a certain set of characteristics. People like me don't want to be like Agasi. I don't have anything specific against him, but he has nothing to do with the fragrance other than the target demo they're trying to reach. Plus i just think it's corny to see his face all over it.
    It's a novelty to me. Like the fact that hummer makes a fragrance. Sure that kind of marketing impacts some people, but they smell like sh*t.

Of Course with some fragrances it's a tradition, Chanel no. 5 for instance, but i see that as more of a cultural thing. That fragrance was huge long before anyone had to endorse it. If anything it's a statement about the celeb involved, that she gets to be chosen to be the new spokes for No. 5. This i don't really mind.

Either way any thoughts?
    Last edited by dr_adamg; 6th July 2006 at 10:31 PM.
    "...fragrance is a silent language that does not use words. One can express with fragrance things that cannot be expressed in any other way." - Jacques Polge

Default Re: Do you shy away from fragrances endorsed by celebrities?

Yes, I have a tendency of getting away from fragrances endorsed by celebrities, (even those who I may admire); I won't even try to smell them. If you ask me why, well, I don't know, a prejudice, I would think.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

no I am hopelessly drawn to them like a moth to the mega-wattage glare of famous peoples' white white teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
    no I am hopelessly drawn to them like a moth to the mega-wattage glare of famous peoples' white white teeth.
    LOL
    "...fragrance is a silent language that does not use words. One can express with fragrance things that cannot be expressed in any other way." - Jacques Polge

Cuz I have a brain and I refuse to be exploited by their "celebrity". Besides, they are not "Noses" or perfumers. I mean if Oprah Winfrey launched a fragrance line, would you buy it?
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    Cuz I have a brain and I refuse to be exploited by their "celebrity". Besides, they are not "Noses" or perfumers. I mean if Oprah Winfrey launched a fragrance line, would you buy it?
    mmmmm....oprah

Do you think that when a person recognises a fragrance that is promoted by a celebrity on another person she will think at that celebrity, at Andre Agasi or Nicole Kidman or Sophie Marceau or whatever face that promotes it or that the wearer will be associated with that celebrity? I don't think that anybody really cares...

Just like the house name (about which I care ), the celebrity name is just an extra label which the house of the fragrance is stikying for a short while on the fragrance thinking that this will boost the salles of their fragrance. If they think that, they surely have a very poor opinion (justified in many cases unfortunately) about its customers intelligence...

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    When I know of the endorsement or have seen the advertisements, I absolutely, always, without exception stay away from celebrity-endorsed fragrances, for the reasons quoted above, for my own personal beliefs, and also because I know there is a good chance it will be a popular fragrance, easy-to-obtain, and therefore worn by everyone. And I guess I can add to that - because I just can't stand most "celebrities" these days, and especially despise the 24-7 celebrity worship.

Yeah I was totally expecting most people to feel the same way as me about this.. although I do feel guilty sometimes for instantly having no respect for celeb endorsed products, simply because they are endorsed. I mean I should at least hate them for the smell right? My friend recently purchased instinct by david beckham, and even though it is a decent fragrance, i just find it very cheesy to see the adverts on tv with him, and it's just very hard for me to respect that particular fragrance. As mentioned above, "it means it will be easily obtainable/accepted by the masses"

I think we should make a distinction between celebrity brands (britney spears, p diddy, cindy crawford, j lo etc) and fragrances of different brands that are promoted by celebritys...

my gf used to wear Glo by J-Lo. Not any more!! The fact that they say the scent was "by" J-Lo was enough to make me hate it. I don't even remember the scent. Same goes for the various Britney Spears sents.

I think to disrespect something just because its pop culture is a little elitist. Although granted I do understand that people who find their way to basenotes are generally more indoctrinated with fragrance knowledge than the masses, and rightly feel that they're above the rabble at the department store fragrance counter(I'm generalizing, no offense meant to anyone). But having said that, celebrities are the new artistocracy. At the end of the 19th century would a perfume be any less respectable because it was made for the Duke of Buckingham, I don't think so, in fact, I believe that the perfume in question would be more desirable today for that reason, it would add mystique.
    To address the argument that they're too easy to get, anywhere I can buy Tommy True Star I can also buy Versace, YSL, Chanel, Demeter. Where I'm from the fragrance selection isn't exactly well developed, but any website I've seen that sells Niche fragrances also sells celebrity fragrances.
    Just because a company aggressively markets a product doesn't necessarily make it bad. I agree that the juice should sell itself, but it can't sell itself if no one is going to smell it. If someone buys a fragrance just because of the marketing that is a problem with the person, not the fragrance, there are many perfectly respectable smelling juices that are endorsed.
    Celebrities and Icon's endorsing perfume is something that is as old as perfume itself, perfume is a luxury good, in the field of luxury goods humans have a natural inclination to emulate icons.

Is there something inherently wrong with Creed's Private Collection of fragrances that right now are being marketed as having been designed for celebrities over the years?

in general i go for the smell, if i like it or not and that's that, but with the paris hilton for men it was difficult for me to like it a lot and having seen her endorse it, but i got over it fast...
    what bothers me also is when someone says "i made it" and forget the rest of the team that worked with them...

as far as the creed brand saying that they designed them for celebs only(i don't know if it's true)...it's not wrong , just very annoyingly "nouveau rich" and obnoxious...

Ha ha I was hoping you would put your two cents in HB, It's like i say, I don't like it, celebs hawking colognes, but I do feel guilty about not liking the fragrance simply based on that fact. Of course I shouldn't be on my high horse, that stuff makes up like half of whats available to us in our small town. However, In your comparing Celebs to royalty and dukes, sure, back then those fragrances were custom made for dukes and kings and queens, but the common people couldn't afford it thats for sure. You think beckham gets up everyday, walks over to his dresser and gives himself a couple sprays of "instinct"? So it's not like the point of having his face all over it is to convince people "If it's good enough for beckham it's good enough for you"
    cause no smart person would be led to believe, "He must wear it all the time"
    Hell, the guy prolly wears creed.
    But don't get me wrong it's not a bad smell.. fairly elegant..
    Last edited by dr_adamg; 7th July 2006 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca30
    I think we should make a distinction between celebrity brands (britney spears, p diddy, cindy crawford, j lo etc) and fragrances of different brands that are promoted by celebritys...
    I agree. I don't consider Aramis Life to be a celebrity scent. Aramis uses Andre Agassi to promote Life, but it is not an Andre Agassi brand fragrance.

Celebrity brands do tend to turn me off. But really, aren't all designer brands a variation of this? The fragrances are branded and marketed under designer names because the designer name provides a celebrity endorsement to make the fragrance more attractive to the consumer.

I guess I'm less sensitive to designer brand names since I am rather ignorant about most designers' other products or overall image and they are just fragrance brand names, with no other associations in my mind. With most pop cultural celebrities I AM aware of the person and so the branding strikes me as more of a cynical commercial ploy (and if I have any negative feelings about the celebrity, that carries over to my impression of the fragrance brand).

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Thumbs up Re: Do you shy away from fragrances endorsed by celebrities?

Well said Steve.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    Celebrity brands do tend to turn me off. But really, aren't all designer brands a variation of this? The fragrances are branded and marketed under designer names because the designer name provides a celebrity endorsement to make the fragrance more attractive to the consumer.
    The problem is that today very few brands are still run by the people who created and made them famous. Almost all of them were bought by big corporations who only want to use the brand name to make money. I'm sure that also the creators of the brand were trying to make money, but the brand still had a soul if I can say that about a brand... Think about Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, YSL etc. Now these names are just labels on a bottle, nothing more.

DrAdamG, no I don't believe Beckham walks to his dresser everyday and spritzes on some instinct, anymore than I think puffy puts on Unforgivable. But the analogy holds, if so and so artistocrat had a new perfume other people in court circles would want to get their hands on it, it was called patronage, often a merchant or perfumer would supply the aristocrat with free juice in order to open up a market amongst those courtiers. Other times said aristocrat would pay money to have a juice specially made, and the same thing would happen. The difference is that there is less of a divide in income now and that "common" people can wear fragrance. Tom Cruise made 70 million last year, I survive on student loans and the meager salary I get for being a VP with my student union, but if I reeeaaalllly wanted to, I could buy a foolish bottle of cologne, I'd have to sacrifice. But it is far removed from a noble living in gaudy opulence whilst peasants subsisted on scrap crops in hovels, or 19th century urbanites living in rivers of their own shit. You can't compare the common people of now with the common people of then, but you can compare celebrities and artistocrats.

Anyway, Smellslike is right. More or less any designer house can be considered a celebrity frag. Its not like Antonio Banderes actually crafted Spirit, any more than Gianni Versace crafted Versace Man...he's not even alive. Famous names just add notoreity to a relatively obscure product, most people don't devote times to researching the minutae of different scents. They just pick something that they think smells good, they get to smell it because the brand has a strong distribution network and the name on it leads people to believe that what they're buying must be respectable because Giorgio Armani wouldn't put his name on just anything(I'm not saying this is true).

Simple fact of the matter, I'd rather wear Instinct than Old Spice any day of the week.

Very good points all around, I can't say I would never wear something endorsed by a celebrity, or even a celebrity brand, because I have, as JohnCase will tell you, he knows I have a certain fondness for Aramis Life, and I have worn it, and enjoyed it, I just wish it wasn't known as "that smell that agassi promoted". Sean John is a fairly legit clothing line, and i don't see that as being as bad as say, paris hilton, or jlo, those are just sad.

I would say, however, A brand Name is something diffrent, something more respectable even though it's like a kind of celebrity because it's a famous brand name. But the thing that they're famous for is MAKING FRAGRANCES/fashion apparell and not, playing soccer, being in movies, or having a grainy nightvision sex-tape. So to make the point that a brand name is just as much of a commercial ploy is ridiculous, because they have built a name and image for themselves that differenciate them from competitors. It's not like the money grab of giving a hot actress their own frag.
    Last edited by dr_adamg; 7th July 2006 at 01:26 AM.

Typically, I don't like celebuscents on either the men's or women's side. Most of them seem to be cheap synthetic junk.

Of course, there are some exceptions. Sean John's Unforgivable comes to mind, as does Liz Taylor's Passion for women (can't say the same about White Diamonds, though). But, then again, Unforgivable is an MI copy and Passion sorta copies Bal a Versailles.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

"shy away" is kind of a weak expression

A better expression would be:
    RUN AWAY AS FAST AS I CAN!!

Endorsements are one thing. Creed saying "By the way, we made this for Cary Grant" is fine. Its not called "Green Irish Tweed by Cary Grant" or "Cary Grant's GIT".

Blatant name-dropping in an attempt to make weak-minded people melt and squeal WHEN THEY CAN SMELL JUST LIKE P-DIDDY OMG! is another.

My immediate reaction to "So-and so's Juice!" is to roll my eyes and scoff.

Like someone else said, I generally won't even try them.

Which reminds me...

Does anyone want my sample of True Star that got thrown into my bag the other day?

I don't run away...
    Actually I am quite curious to smell them and try to find the association between the fragrance and the personality.

Paris Hilton for men is a fantastic fragrance in my opinion. Its the only celeb endorsed one that I own but I love it.

How many Celebs actually wear it anyway?

How many people actually care about what Celebs do at all?

I, for one, try to be as un-Hollywood as possible.

What a messed up group out there, for the most part.

I agree with what was said above; it's one thing to pay a Celebrity to endorse something; quite another to be wearing something that a Celeb is probably wearing as well.
    Last edited by goldslinger; 7th July 2006 at 04:22 AM.

if a celeb endorses it, more of the masses will flock to buy it. whats the point if you smell like everyone else....aside from personal fulfilment.

This thread made me think! As i look through my fragrance collection, I am surprised (proud?) to say that i don't own a single celebscent in my collection. Phew! I remember being tempted with Beckam's juice, but as you can see, just calling it "Beckam's juice" sends shivers down my spine (not in ecstacy mind you!).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCase
    I think to disrespect something just because its pop culture is a little elitist. Although granted I do understand that people who find their way to basenotes are generally more indoctrinated with fragrance knowledge than the masses, and rightly feel that they're above the rabble at the department store fragrance counter(I'm generalizing, no offense meant to anyone).
    No offense taken. It's just that from personal experience, i find scents that cling on to celebrity names tend to let the name do the selling more than the juice itself. And i can never "get" the connection between say, Donald Trump and his juice, not like the way i can feel Jaipur connected to the scent.
    But having said that, celebrities are the new artistocracy.
    Luckily i live in a democracy then and refuse to subscribe to any person's fiefdom.
    If someone buys a fragrance just because of the marketing that is a problem with the person, not the fragrance, there are many perfectly respectable smelling juices that are endorsed.
    And that's why i highly endorse Laguna Homme!!! Perfectly respectable scent with naught a whit of marketing to sway temptations.
    Celebrities and Icon's endorsing perfume is something that is as old as perfume itself, perfume is a luxury good, in the field of luxury goods humans have a natural inclination to emulate icons.
    Unless of course, the main reason you wear perfume is to express your individuality.

I don't care about celebrities but I like some of them. Jack Nicholson for one. He endorses staying out of the public eye and having fun. When he smashed the windshield of a Mercedes at the country club he was wearing Armani Mania. No shit.
    Last edited by pluran; 7th July 2006 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCase
    I think to disrespect something just because its pop culture is a little elitist.
    You're right. Then again we make pop-cultural choices. I would never buy Paris Hilton because of what I associate with her, but I would always give L'Eau de Spock a chance.
    There's a dilemma though: hating a Paris Hilton frag because I consider her (i.e. the public construction of her self) trash is precisely what such marketing mechanisms are supposed to achieve - distinction: by adopting this, rejecting that I create/stabilize my image of myself and my belonging to a certain status group through patterns of consumption (for anyone into this stuff I can highly recommend Pierre Bourdieu's sociological study Distinction : A Social Critique of the Judgement of Taste. There's a summary here http://snipurl.com/sv8u

But if I do buy it regardless of my cultural predisposition to hate Paris Hilton, because I happen to like the smell (unlikely though, because image and product will have been carefully constructed for the intended target group) I'm financing the enterprise whose cultural messages I thoroughly reject.

Fragrances are so bound up with images, fantasies, emotions, expectations. To me it's not like being able to like Wagner operas even if their creator was a frigging antisemite, i.e. while I won't automatically like Creed's Spring Flowers just 'cos I adore Audrey Hepburn, I could never wear a Britney or Paris frag.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

"Do you shy away from fragrances endorsed by celebrities?"

YES!

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

This may well have been brought up earlier in this long and winding thread, so excuse me if Im being redundant, but a few posts seemed to suggest that celbrities actually wear the scents they endorse. Is that a joke? Its not like Air Jordans where he's gotta wear them because they are visible and can be promoted on TV. Its a scent; only the most dedicated, bodygaurd-proof paparazzi with a seriously discerning nose could ever get close enough to determine whether the celbrity is actually using their epynonymous product. These celebrities have nothing to do with the frags, other than signing off on the licensing and allowing their faces to be put on the bottles, and they don't even do that, their agents do. They aren't the Noses who created the stuff (Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker is an exception, as she reportedly mixed it herself) and they don't wear low-end mall crap with their names on it (Curious by Britney Spears is an exception, as she reportedly is excessively tacky).
    [/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    I don't care about celebrities but I like some of them. Jack Nicholson for one. He endorses staying out of the public eye and having fun. When he smashed the windshield of a Mercedes at the country club he was wearing Armani Mania. No shit.
    LOL, here's reason #6253 to love Basenotes. Where else will you learn critical information like this?

I don't buy, wear or even sniff celeb frags. Wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Yes,yes,yes! My cousin, she is a huge fan of Paris Hilton and I think it smells awful. She also has the JLo,which smells even worst. I tried to steer her to more quality perfum for her age(she's 13), I told her some of anna sui's selections would fit her perfectly, and so is L'Eau Par Kenzo for men version, Gai Mattiolo Uomo is so nice on a girl, Escada Ibiza Hippie and Gai Mattiolo Amore for girl.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    I don't buy, wear or even sniff celeb frags. Wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.
    The closest encounter I recall - probably was that Beckham stuff. The feelings I had when I reached for the bottle .... LOL! Mass Marketed, computer made, destination target group. OK. Here we go!

Yaaaauuuchhh!! Wasn't Cristobal a favourite of Beckham way back in the good times?? I have to forget this encounter and yes, I need a nutrition bar. NOW!!
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I, for one, RUN from celeb fragrances. I do own Aramis Life though because....wait for it...I like it. Now I love soccer, er, footboll, er, futbol and I'm a big Beckham fan so, while I had no idea he had a scent out, I would have tried that one or at least smelled it. I guess i'm elitist, but that's they way I am. They have the common thread....synthetic, obnoxious and overdone. I do see the difference in celebrity endorsed fragrances and fragances by celebrities. I give the latter a chance.
    - Ben -

Top Five:
    Creed Royal Oud; Byredo Black Saffron; Etro Etra; Creed Aventus; Xerjoff Nio

eBay: mississippi_rifleman
    Twitter: Cigar_Ben

Wardrobe

Stogie Review

I base my opinion on the fragrance, not who endorses it. Endorsements mean little to me, celebrities endorse products for money, it's nice if they actually use them or like them, but we know thats not always the case.

Say what you will about Paris Hilton, but her fragrance (For Men) is alot better than Trumps. In my experiences, Sean Jean Unforgiveable gets a more interested reaction than Creed MI, not that anyone in the general public could tell them apart anyway. I've yet to meet anyone that has even heard of Creed outside of this community.

The biggest issue as mentioned here is the risk that celebrity endorsed fragrances will become too popular since none of us want to smell like the two guys standing next to us at the bar. But then to my knowledge no celebrity endorsed DG PH, or AdG, and you can't go anywhere in NY without smelling them.

Let's face it, once a fragrance ends up at Marshalls, TJ Maxx or some other discount store how exclusive is it really, regardless of whether it's celebrity endorsed.

Hi,
    That's an interesting question, which I have thought about.

Before I had many frags, I reflexively rejected some items, but mainly by brand rather than by individual celebrity endorser. It pained me to hand over money to any company that had extremely annoying ads.

I'll have to admit that when I saw that Mariah Carey was going to have a fragrance, I imagined that the type of person to wear it would be someone who was creative and talented, but incredibly high-maintenance, emotionally needy, neurotic, and very bad to work for!

For anyone who finds this sort of thing amusing, take a look at the Contract Riders of famous people at the Smoking Gun site. J-Lo is well-represented, too.

But after smelling a lot of stuff, I have to admit that some things just smell good in spite of these associations. I hate the ubiquitous Burberry plaid patterns, for instance, but their frags are decent.

Blog Entries

I don't give the celebrity named frags the time of day. The ONLY exception is Harry Potter EDT .
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I don't give the celebrity named frags the time of day. The ONLY exception is Harry Potter EDT .

Have you actually tried this or was that a Joke?

I was tempted to get some just for the hell of it...

As I mentioned in my previous post, I avoid fragrances endorsed by celebrities.

I consider the whole culture of celebrities to be a massive turnoff. In fact, just thinking about the cult of celebrities almost makes me want to throw up.

Celebrities! Yeecchhh!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrBubba
    Have you actually tried this or was that a Joke?

I was tempted to get some just for the hell of it...
    Yep, I have it! It's quite nice, actually. Virtually no longevity unless you really bathe yourself in it. I just wear it to work once in ahwile, or while bumming around my apartment. To me it actually smells like a not-as-woody version of Burberry Weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    Yep, I have it! It's quite nice, actually. Virtually no longevity unless you really bathe yourself in it. I just wear it to work once in ahwile, or while bumming around my apartment. To me it actually smells like a not-as-woody version of Burberry Weekend.

I really love Weekend...

Now I'm gonna HAVE to get it, if I can find which e-tailers have it for sale.

Edit: Found it! http://www.perfumestation.com/fragra...peenne+Parfums
    Last edited by DrBubba; 8th July 2006 at 09:08 PM.

For every celebrity-endorsed frag that sucks, there is an unendorsed frag that also sucks. On the other hand-

Celeb frags aren't really even perfumes, in my mind. They are just more of the same junk that is spewed out of the celebrity machine- celeb magazines, lunchboxes, stretch pants, stickers, commercials, interviews on the 'news', etc etc. A bottle of e.g. MKK is a perfume. A bottle of Curious or whatever is a trinket with scented water in it. It's not meant to be judged as a perfume; its success lies in its profit margin.

-ben

Quote Originally Posted by greyhueofdoubt
    Celeb frags aren't really even perfumes, in my mind. They are just more of the same junk that is spewed out of the celebrity machine- celeb magazines, lunchboxes, stretch pants, stickers, commercials, interviews on the 'news', etc etc. A bottle of e.g. MKK is a perfume. A bottle of Curious or whatever is a trinket with scented water in it. It's not meant to be judged as a perfume; its success lies in its profit margin.
    Well said, greyhueofdoubt! I certainly agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrBubba
    I really love Weekend...

Now I'm gonna HAVE to get it, if I can find which e-tailers have it for sale.

Edit: Found it! http://www.perfumestation.com/fragra...peenne+Parfums
    That's the stuff!!!!! Too bad it seems to be out of stock though . If you REEEEEALLY want it, I have a spare bottle that I might consider selling. I bought it to stock up on the frag since it was SO hard to find...but nowadays I could kinda use the cash...

that is what I am running away from - why would I want to smell like all these people ????

Noooooo

laurent
    Invisible Power

Simply....I am not interested in these types of scents.....There may be 1 or 2 that might grab my attention.....but for the most part I'm just not interested.
    Gary