Code of Conduct

Default Sandalwood Fragrances?

I recently tried a Floris Sandalwood sample and I loved it! I particularly liked the soft smell that stays close to the skin. Can any of you fellow basenoters help me figure out what this scent is composed of?

For some reason, it slightly reminded me of the Gap White lotion (for the ladies) that was on the market about 4 years ago (the lotion was discontinued unfortunately).

Anyway, I haven't tried any other sandalwoods--I've heard good things about Tam Dao and Santal Noble. What are some of the similarities/differences between these and Floris Sandalwood? And what are some other different/similar/unique sandalwoods to try?

Thanks!

Default Re: Sandalwood Fragrances?

Yes, indeed, it is a fine sandalwood fragrance. It has as well notes of amber, musk and jasmin.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

"A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Smile Re: Sandalwood Fragrances?

Thanks! That thread helped a whole bunch--I'm definately going to have to try some of them.

Perhaps not an answer to your question and maybe even a little off-topic but if you're interested in sandalwood, you should definately try Trumpers' Sandalwood Cologne!

Oriscent.com has a nice sandalwood.

I really like Santal Imperial from Creed. It is absolutely worth buying IMO. It is really hard to explain so experience it for yourself.

Blog Entries

Crabtree & Evelyn's Sandalwood is also very nice.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Yes, their Santal is out of this world also!...r/o

I'm a woman, I love it, too.
    Love most of the Floris of London scents.

Santal:
    "Enviably smooth, Santal is a sculptural balance including citrus and herbal notes, black peppercorns, cardamom and sensual woods. The result: Creative, assertive, effortless style."

Sandalwood:
    "Warm, Sensual and Undeniably Enchanting
    Sandalwood oil from Mysore in India is blended with warm touches of Musk and Amber. A hint of Bergamot and Jasmine help to balance this "exotic woody" fragrance."

see here for notes:
    http://www.florislondon.com/FlorisSi...=FragranceList

MPG Santal Noble is beautiful.
    perfumebay.com may have some samples still.
    or beautyhabit.com.
    I'm not crazy about most of the women's MPG, but the men's?...they got right

Crabtree & Evelyn is a very dry santal; perfect and I would never be without it.
    It's been a staple for me since I was a teenager.

see ya later ~ been nice hangin' with you guys for a few.
    all women on my board over at MUA Fragrance.

i think floris sandalwood is just ok myself. i prefer my sandalwood frags to have more of a masculine kick to them.

i can however thoroughly recommend MPG's Santal Noble. LV's Sandalo is also quite good. Trumpers Sandalwood is great, although the dry down is a little sweeter than i would like.

paddy

I hope the following post is acceptable to the group as it is not meant to be a commerical advertisement of any type but purely informational. (As I'm a relatively new member here, let me apologize in advance if this type of posting is inappropriate.)

My shaving board, BadgerandBlade.com, is putting together a group buy of a new offering of a parfum strength sandalwood developed by a small classic shaving shop. See

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3404

I haven't tried it yet so I can't render an opinion, although I did order 1 oz based upon the posted reviews from the initial batch. One caveat, it will be freshly made and should age awhile before using.

I just checked out the prices at Wild Oats for a sandalwood EO, now up to $44 per 1/2 oz. This stuff is sure getting pricey. My current experience with Sandalwood includes trying the C&E tester numerous times (scent lacks any type of longevity on me) and using C&M sandalwood shaving soap (which is one of my favorites).

Although not by themselves classified as Sandalwood fragrances, I have always felt that both Chanel Bois des Iles (especially the extrait) and Czech & Speake No. 88 have the most wonderful and pleasant Sandalwood drydowns. In fact, I would classify these two fragrances as my favorite Sandalwoods.
    Last edited by Rockford; 9th July 2006 at 11:38 AM.

Sandalsilver by Montale. Got it on right now as I prepare to light a cigar, drink a cup of coffee, and go Bass fishing. Subtle it's not and very long-lasting. One of my 5/5s

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by schatz32
    I hope the following post is acceptable to the group as it is not meant to be a commerical advertisement of any type but purely informational. (As I'm a relatively new member here, let me apologize in advance if this type of posting is inappropriate.)

My shaving board, BadgerandBlade.com, is putting together a group buy of a new offering of a parfum strength sandalwood developed by a small classic shaving shop. See

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3404

I haven't tried it yet so I can't render an opinion, although I did order 1 oz based upon the posted reviews from the initial batch. One caveat, it will be freshly made and should age awhile before using.

I just checked out the prices at Wild Oats for a sandalwood EO, now up to $44 per 1/2 oz. This stuff is sure getting pricey. My current experience with Sandalwood includes trying the C&E tester numerous times (scent lacks any type of longevity on me) and using C&M sandalwood shaving soap (which is one of my favorites).
    Welcome to the board & I'm glad to see another Wild Oats shopper
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia