Code of Conduct

Default Versace Fragrances

Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to find a fragrance from Versace I like except for Versace Man. The Jeans line is horrible to me and I just tested the Dreamer. Disgusting and synthetic. Smells like Azzaro Pure Lavender.

Default Re: Versace Fragrances

I also was never that much of a fan of the Versace fragrances. But a month ago, i went to the store and a salesman made me smell Versace Eau Fraiche and i loved it. I put it on my skin and a few hours later it was still working and had changed into a better D&G Light Blue. I went back and purchased a bottle.

But besides that one and occasionaly Versace Man, no other Versace fragrance is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritussancti
    Maybe it's just me, but I have yet to find a fragrance from Versace I like except for Versace Man. The Jeans line is horrible to me and I just tested the Dreamer. Disgusting and synthetic. Smells like Azzaro Pure Lavender.

I sort of like Black Jeans. The Dreamer is highly loved by most members here, and although I love tobacco, I find this one uncomfortably feminine smelling. I hope everybody doesn't jump all over me on that one, just my opinion.

I love The Dreamer, but I'm not too keen on Green Jeans.

I just closed a deal on Blue Jeans, so we'll see how that one goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritussancti
    i couldn't agree more. versace au fraiche is decent, but i can't imagine reaching for it before all of the other "fresh" scents i already own. as for dreamer, it's not that i hate it, it's just that it's not so dreamy to me. to risk another pun: i'd definitely be asking the sandman to bring me a /different/ dream.

The original Versace l'Homme is quite good IMO, and Black Jeans is very good.

The rest I can live without.

It's true I do love Versace Man, but I've also always liked Dreamer...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

The original Versace l'Homme and the discontinued Versus Homme were back in 90's among my favs! Soo epithome of Gianni's style! Not at all nothing to share with the nowadays Donatella stuff!

I have a sample of baby blue jeans which I quite enjoy. It's very "bright" and doesnt smell synthetic in small doses. I aws thinking of buying a bottle , it's only £7.50 or something.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

I got a bottle of Blue Jeans nice and cheap at TJ Maxx (in fact, it was my SotD today). It's pretty nice, but quite short-lasting. Something about it reminds me of Cola and some sweet flowers. It's very nice for warmer days, though I'm sure it'd work anytime. It's not the most masculine fragrance around (in fact, this one smells great on women too), but it's still pretty nice.

I am a HUGE fan of The Dreamer and Blue Jeans. I really like them.

The Dreamer is uniquely sweet and summer nightish. It is the only one of its kind and if mine didn't get destroyed I'd have more fun things to say about it.

Blue Jeans is a nice 'blue' scent. It is clean and refreshing. Great for warmer climates. It is not so generic too.

I like Metal Jeans as well...

My favorites from Versace are Dreamer and Blue Jeans too. Dreamer in particular has a stellar drydown. Blue Jeans is an understated gem, IMO. Both last really well on my skin. I will swap my Metal Jeans as I don't get much longevity from it. I do like the scent though.

Versace's Blue Jeans, Black Jeans, Green Jeans, Metal Jeans, V/S, Time to Relax, Versus - all bright, vivid, "Italiany" type scents.
    Dreamer - dark, vivid "Italiany" type scent
    Jean Couture - something subtle for a change
    Baby Blue Jeans - something bright for younger boys to wear.

I guess they're like Italian food - either you like it a lot as something different from the French stuff, or you give it a miss.

I was slightly disappointed with Jeans Couture - as it didn't have that something "different" about it. Similarly I didn't think much of the original Versace Homme or the more recent Versace Man.
    Renato