Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Givenchy Pi Code & Irresistible summer

Hi guys,

Do you know if the new Givenchy Pi code and the regular Pi are the same juice? Pi code has a nice bottle!
    I tried Very irresistible a month ago and I liked it a lot. What should I expect from the summer version? Almost the same juice or a different animal? I'm affraid of buying it because I bought Pi Fraiche blind and Although It's nice, It's not as good as the original fragrance!

Thrax

Default Re: Givenchy Pi Code & Irresistible summer

I was never aware that there was another code besides Armani's

Post Thanks / Like

On first testing, I thought VI Summer was way too close to the regular model - almost indistinguishable. However, I kept revisiting it every time I hit the shops, and now I can easily distinguish between the two. Summer has much more mint and grapefruit, and the mocha note in the original is gone. Personally, I have found Summer to be a good purchase, although I am a very big fan of VI to start off with. Unlike watered-down summer versions of scents, VI Summer is no less potent than the original VI.

Post Thanks / Like

I found them totally different, with VI summer lacking the individuality of the original's mint-hazelnut clash. Since that was not my cup of tea, I actually preferred the summer version, but as a fan of VI you might find it a bit disappointing? The mint/grapefruit note is very strong, as CM Wolff stated, and nice indeed, but while VI lasts endlessly on me, summer faded rather quickly. I would suggest testing this before buying.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

Pi Code is a limited edition bottle of the regular Pi... the juice is unchanged.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    Pi Code is a limited edition bottle of the regular Pi... the juice is unchanged.

MF is correct I own a bottle they come out with a collectors edition every holiday season. This past year was called code which has a metal brass plate on the bottle inscribed with the infinity of Pi.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a bottle of VI Summer yesterday. I like them both but I find Summer to have a more interesting smell. Its a little greener but still keeps the gourmand, I find VI to be a lot darker. VI summer is just as potent as the regular but it lacks serious lasting power, 4-6 hours. But sometimes, that really all you need.

Pi code.. lol... how lame is it going to get?? The issue with creating something 'on code', is originality, 'on code' - and what miserable failures the attempts to place modern fragrances on code are.