Code of Conduct

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Taste In Frags?

If you had to briefly sum up your taste in frags, how would you do it?

I will start. For me it is -

Classic.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Your Taste In Frags?

anchored in the notions of "freshness" and "refined elegance," but with an underlying tendency towards POLYMORPHOUS PERVERSITY :-)
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

I tend to favour oriental blends. Animal notes and coumarin are some of my favourite ingredients. I also enjoy a leather aspect in a fragrance.

I tend to like fragrances in the citrus, tea, green, leather, and woody families. I don't really like very sweet scents.

Favorite notes: citrus, vetiver, orange, wood, bergamot, leather, lily of the valley, lavender.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

On one hand Classics, on the other Avant garde.

Of the olfactory groups Oriental is my favourite, but I also enjoy some Chypres and Green Florals.

Favourite notes include: amber, artemisia, bergamot, castoreum, cedarwood, chocolate, cinnamon, cistus labdanum, civet, cloves, coffee, galbanum, hay, immortelle, incense, iris, jasmine, lavender, leather, lily, musk, oakmoss, opoponax, orange blossom, patchouli, peach, pepper, plum, sandalwood, tea, tobacco, tomato leaves, vanilla, vetiver...
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Inconsistent.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Orientals. Sultry orientals.

Post Thanks / Like

In a few words it would be: classic, masculin, pure and perhaps even a bit dirty-ish (not foul, just a little funky smellin') vertiver

I a few frags: everything in between Vetiver (Lorenzo Villoresi), Original Vetiver (Creed) and Kouros

Definitely oriental.

Anything with lavender, cinnamon, nutmeg, heliotrope or vanilla I'm bound to like.

I tend towards leather, powder, flowers, spices, musk, woods and opulent or unusual olfactive contructions that, even if light, definitely are all the opposite to aseptically clean smells.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Warm smothe scents with orriginality...

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all over the map, but while originality is a plus, I guess I have not taken to frags requiring a lot of work to enjoy, either by me or by those around me. That is, the more avant garde scents don't get any bonus points from me for being, um, avant garde. I am trying to experiment more as I get bored with some of the more run of the mill scents in my wardrobe, but "pleasing" still ends up being the only common trait in my tastes.

everything under the sun, i really don't have favorites: i like woods, orientals, florals, harsh and soft, chemical and "natural" etc etc..

You tell me- I don't know what word would best describe my taste. Favorites are as follows:

Jaipur Homme
    Antaeus
    Envy
    Drakkar Noir
    Knize Ten
    Basala
    Kouros
    Rive Gauche

I'm not sure what common thread binds them all together (pungency?). Of course, I wear all sorts of frags, but those would be my consistent favorites.

woody, fresh, deep, citrus, floral.
    Last edited by Belial; 10th July 2006 at 06:53 PM.
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

Fresh, spicy/woody and orientals. Typical male/power fragrances fail to interest me, and I've got a bit of a sweet tooth but I do have my limits. Also, degree of originality and sexiness are important factors when looking for new additions (in addition to, obviously, liking the scent).
    Last edited by Trebor; 10th July 2006 at 07:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like a near-infinite variety of woodsy scents; those built around sandalwood, patchouli, vetiver, or cedarwood, along with aromatic, citrus, floral, and musky elements.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

My taste varies from year to year, but right now I'm very into spice with a bit of citrus, wood and/or amber, and the fragrances that have been getting my attention recently are those like Idole, Isfarkand, L'Homme Sage and Noir Epices.

I'm not wild about iris or vanilla; neither am I a big fan of aquatics. Bitter or metallic notes do not interest me usually, and I am a bit repulsed by civet.

My most loved frag is Terre D'Hermès and the one I dislike most is Le Male.

Hi all,

I dont think I am in charge of that - all senses are alive when something superb is in the air - so it is not a question of what I like - but more what my body react to !!!!

Laurent
    Invisible Power

I am terrible when it comes to categorizing my fragrances. I just don't know. But I have noticed that I have quite a few leathers among my favorites. And avant-garde scents as well. I wish a knew more about how to categorize scents though...

Sweet: Yang and A*men
    It has to smell bad in a very good way: MKK and Musc Ravager
    A little girly: Dior Homme and Noir Epices

I would like it to be a little dark...but can't seem to find dark enough.

Exotic / Unique

Woody / Oriental / Leather / Incense / Spices

Post Thanks / Like

Perspicacious

Post Thanks / Like

Woody and spicy orientals which are somewhat sweet. but I gotta switch to things of a less stuffy calibur during the summer. Another reason why I love fall and winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Woody notes/Floral notes/Smooth Foody notes/animalic notes/traditional masculine notes.

I like a fragrance that combines several if not necessarily all of these note groups. But the overall most important thing is that it be fairly easy to wear, smooth and understated with enough sillage that my date and the waiter can smell it, but not the couple at the next table.
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilSF
    Inconsistent.
    That would decribe mine too.....and it is getting harder and harder to define. Only this last year I have found favourites among all from white florals, rose scents to woody chypres and gourmand orientals, plus all the ones that are impossible to cathegorize. I tend to get carried away when I get hooked on a certain "disturbing element" or combination of elements that stand out from the harmony, like the patchouli base in Angel, the dry paper/bread/metal streak in Hiris (ok, that is not listed as note, but I have no better desription of it ) and that mango/burnt incense fuse going on in Timbuktu.

E v o l v i n g

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't really like the term "unisex".....I think "androgynous" describes my tastes more.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Your Taste In Frags?

I love fougere ambery,fougere oriental but can't stand aromatic oriental and dry scents such as dune. I also like chypre fresh but not citrusy maybe borderline chypre fresh/citrus. I also can't stand fourgere fresh such as escape!

It depends on my mood or who I hang out with. If I'm hanging out with junior high school girls I'd wear Angel Man or Black Xs something playful and straight forward. If high school girls, I'd wear Armani Mania,Roma Uomo or Gigli Man. Older girls such as college girls I'd wear whatever I fancy, usually GIT or Rive Gauche.
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47