Code of Conduct

Thread: SL Chergui

Hybrid View

Default SL Chergui

Hi All,

I posted last week under the topic "Now I see what all the fuss is about.." referring to the fact that I had finally got to try the oft-exalted Lutens' Chergui.

Now I'll preface this by saying:

- I don't usually like sweet fragrances (L'Instant / Dior Homme are "daringly" sweet for me)
    - until now, I've been equivocal about Lutens, thinking they were too strong and too left field for me, with the possible exception of Daim Blond.

Anyway, this weekend I went back to have another sniff at Chergui, and my first impressions were right. This is one of the most seductive, gorgeous, finest frags I have ever smelt. I must have it!!! Even if I decide it is too sweet for me, I'll just spray it on my wrist every now and then for the sheer pleasure, or better still, give it to my wife and I can smell it on her!

I was wearing a jumper and it obviously rubbed off on the sleeve. 36 hours later I can still smell it so strongly on the sleeve - honey, caramel, vanilla, sweet bakery spices.

I must buy it before the short Australian winter finishes!

Ged

Default Re: SL Chergui

It is a fine fragrance. It is the only Serge Lutens I own right now for the same reasons you just listed. I smelled it in the store and knew that it was something I needed to own.

It is terribly sweet but it is sooo good that it doesn't even matter. It is strong and long lasting justl ike you said.

If you can get this one, try to. It is wonderful to own. I've had my gf wear it when I didn't feel like it and that was another amazing experience...

I have also recently become enamored with Chergui. Its notes of hay, honey, musk, leather, incense, tobacco, rose, iris, and sandalwood are so attractive. I also must have a bottle of this. It is a little hard to acquire because it is part of the Serge Lutens exclusive range, but somehow I will get a bottle!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    It is a little hard to acquire because it is part of the Serge Lutens exclusive range, but somehow I will get a bottle!
    I think it is one of the ones that is in both the exclusive range, and as a limited release, in the export line also. Surely you don't think humble old Australia would get the exclusive line?!!

Ged

Quote Originally Posted by Ged
    I think it is one of the ones that is in both the exclusive range, and as a limited release, in the export line also.
    Last year, for one year, Chergui was available as part of the export line in the US. But now, in the US, it is no longer available as part of the export line.

Are you saying Chergui is now being sold in Australia as part of the export line?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford
    Last year, for one year, Chergui was available as part of the export line in the US. But now, in the US, it is no longer available as part of the export line.

Are you saying Chergui is now being sold in Australia as part of the export line?
    The reason I ask this question is because I am looking at the available options for purchasing a bottle of Chergui.

Love it, wearing it right now. It's strong, though, and you can definitely over do it.

It's become very hard to find in North America this spring, but some retailers seem to have recently gotten a new infusion of stock. I know of some retailers, though, that wanted more from their distributors but could not get it.

I got mine at Ogilvy's in Montreal a few weeks ago, but Barney's in Boston also had it in stock the same week.