Code of Conduct

Default When you have to settle for an imposter...

I just found a new love.....Fine Fragrance Impression version of Obsession for men. This is so much better then the original version on todays market. The bottle looks cheep but the scent it contains smells just like the original and is very long lasting from the days of old I remember......

Blog Entries

Default Re: When you have to settle for an imposter...

I wear the "In Style" (the Walgreens designer imposter line) version of Polo Blue. I LOVE Polo Blue, but the real stuff lasts like two minutes on my skin. I got a 3.4oz bottle of the In Style version for $11, and it smells JUST the same.

I've tried the "Classic Match" (Wal-mart's brand) imposter frags & while the top notes smell great, the basenotes for EVERY frag of theirs are a nasty bland patchouli, even if the original frag has NO patchouli in it's makeup.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

CologneJunkie, does the generic version of Polo Blue you mentioned from Walgreens last longer than the original Polo Blue, or is it just cheaper(making it economical to keep reapplying?)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by georgiatechboy
    CologneJunkie, does the generic version of Polo Blue you mentioned from Walgreens last longer than the original Polo Blue, or is it just cheaper(making it economical to keep reapplying?)
    Yeah, it's longevity isn't anything special, it's just cheaper. But ounce per ounce it's a GREAT value 'cause it smells SO similar. A bottle of this lasts quite awhile, even through frequent applications. And at 3.4oz for $11, it's worth it. They also offer .25oz spray bottles for a mere $2 so you can try the frag out, or keep it as a travel spray.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    I just found a new love.....Fine Fragrance Impression version of Obsession for men. This is so much better then the original version on todays market. The bottle looks cheep but the scent it contains smells just like the original and is very long lasting from the days of old I remember......
    Did they manage to copy its evolution? I find the imitations tend to copy the cadence very well but not the notes as they evolve. Hence scents like Polo Blue is copied very well, but not more complex scents.