Code of Conduct

Default Battle of the Barbershops?

I'm a huge citrus fan. Both Trufitt & Hill and Geo Trumper offer "west indian limes" colognes. Now the idea of a short lived but fantastic blast of Lime is very appealing to me but neither have any any reviews here on basenotes, SO....

.......anyone tried em? ......What did you think? ......Could I wear one for a few minutes / a short time and then wear something else afterwards?

ALSO

While checking out their websites I got the feeling there were two players in a very similar market here, perhaps offering similar products. How do they line up?

Any thoughts appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Duck.
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Default Re: Battle of the Barbershops?

I work in london and visit them all, luckily!

To be quite honest i like taylors of old bond street the best! Especially Mr Taylors Cologne, which has a citrus lemon lime edge, but enhanced with lots of cedarwood. And it lasts!

Both Trufitt & Hill and Geo Trumper offer fantastic ranges, and are very good shops. Have a look at Taylors though, they have lime too! and will send you a brochure / samples.

Website--http://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/

please please try Mr Taylors Cologne, and rose shaving cream is just the most amazing cream ever! victorian lime is my secret , leave it alone !

A lot of the Barber shop places are really nice. If you email Trumpers, they will send you a nice package of samples and whatnot. Mine included their lime fragrance. It is not a particularly practical scent but I think it fits the bill for what you're looking for. I'm pretty sure it comes in a 200ml splash bottle which is cool too, you can really go overboad! I wouldn't be surprised if Truffit also sent free samples, but sorry I coulnd't tell you from experience.

i've tried both of the west indian limes from truefitt and hill and geo. f. trumpers. though i like them both, i would choose truefitt and hill's version, as it seems to have a much more palatable drydown as well as better longevity. as others have said, both companies are worth contacting if you're interested in acquiring samples of their products (though i do not have their contact info.). good luck!