Code of Conduct

Thread: The Best Bond ?

Default The Best Bond ?

Hi Guys, London calling!

Harvey nicks i have seen are selling the Bond no9 range (more expense!) I have not tried any of these, and i see mixed reviews on here.

I love very very good aquatics like aqua motu, and also darker woodier scents like kors.

Which bond could you desribe to me to try? with good lasting strength and sillage? before i spend tooo much!

Default Re: The Best Bond ?

Every Bond scent that I have tried has really sucked, and as cool as the bottles are they sure aren't worth $175 or however much Bond's run for. You might as well spray some on though and see if any work for you. Sorry, but I can't recommend any since I don't like them.

Overcome By Fumes

Sean Connery.

But if you mean the Bond No. 9 fragrances, I'd say New Haarlem is my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45
    But if you mean the Bond No. 9 fragrances, I'd say New Haarlem is my favorite.
    Ditto, Ive only tried three or four, but only this one can I ever remember. monumentally blah house.

Central Park or Hamptons. They are excellent.

Wall Street, Chez, Grammercy and Riverside Drive are good.

Bleecker Street was a big letdown to my nose. Too common smelling. Great bottle, though.

Fire Island is a nice clean scent.

So....Central Park is #1, Hamptons is #2.

cool, cheers guys. Gonna have a whif in nicks tommorrow! still, just received a bottle of jaipur and davidoff echo through the post, you can never have too much eh!!

IMO, the best Bond No. 9 is Wall Street, which has very pleasant marine notes.

Blog Entries

Hamptons is my fave just 'cause it smells so similar to Creed Silver Mountain Water. I also like Little Italy a lot. I've NEVER actually get a bottle of either of these, they're just something pleasant to smell when I go to Hall's.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I'd have to go with New Haarlem as well, though I am not a gourmand lover. All the others seem derivative / common / boring. Wall Street would be a fairly distant second.

Hello MarkinLondon-

Best for me right now is Bleecker Streeet. Very hard fragrance to define, but I like during the Summer. Secondly, it has good longevity on me. Check it out! BTW, I'll be in London in September, I'd appreciate it you could give me some fragrance houses to vist. Of course, I'll visit Harrods. Good luck finding the right Bond for you !
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    Hello MarkinLondon-

Best for me right now is Bleecker Streeet. Very hard fragrance to define, but I like during the Summer. Secondly, it has good longevity on me. Check it out! BTW, I'll be in London in September, I'd appreciate it you could give me some fragrance houses to vist. Of course, I'll visit Harrods. Good luck finding the right Bond for you !
    Check out the city guides section - I got a lot of good advice there when I took my trip.

Hi aubrgene, bring lots of money!!! There are some good threads on here, Harvey Nichols and harrods and selfridges carry most of the lines, then of course l'artisan in marylebone. My favorite street is bond street and jermyn street. Taylors is great, have a shave there and also get some rose shaving cream! its amazing! superb low prices too. My favorite, Mr Taylors cologne is around £15. Lemony lime and cedar.

Les scenteurs, trufitts, malone, hermes, speake, all there, plan a map! you will have fun, then finish in the ritz for tea! or Davidoffs for a cigar!

ps, if you like a drink, Barsolona in old compton st, does a great mojito !

But please, grow some stubble, and spend on a shave in Taylors (jermyn st) its excellent. The best birthday gift ever from my wife! luxury!

Since you like aquatics & marine scents Wall street is your best bet.....wait for the dry down.....its awesome. however, I can say Wall street is basically creed Erolfa just a tad thicker cucumber & seaweed notes but VERY similar.

As for a woody scent....Great Jones ~
    Notes of Sweet Orange, Cedarwood, Oakmoss

Also West Broadway is quite good, the notes on paper just don't do it justice ~ its a rich scent but on paper looks thin light & ethereal....its not!
    Notes of Lime, Lily of the Valley, and Sheer Musk

I can see why people aren't into this house 'cause of the price vs. uniqueness ratio (excepting New Haarlem, of course.) I still like it...and much better than Creed if I am to be truthful because there interpretations are much fresher and younger and Creed is a bit too stodgy for my taste.

My SOTD today is Eau de New York from a sample and I will probably end up with a bottle of this. Very fresh and nice and already a few compliments from the office ladies who now only offer comment when something REALLY gets their attention. As an everyday scent here in this clime it would be up there with Terre d' Hermes for those days where I don't want the high grapefruit note (which I happen to love...but it is much more subdued in E d'NY.) My first signature cologne ever was Eau Sauvage and there is a slight resemblance in the citruses here and yet new enough that I don't feel like it is a trip down the past when I wear it.

I would really like to try Great Jones. I think it is the only one I have not tried.

New Harleem
    Bleecker Street
    Chez Bond

I tried New Haarlem from a decant, and didn't like it, but I smelled Bleecker Street, Hamptons, and Wall Street from samples. Either I really don't get along with this house, or I had some bugged samples. Here are my impressions of the others:

Bleecker St.- Too sharp and fresh but not in a good way. I smelled this a long time ago so I don't remember it too well, but I do recall eagery awaiting its dry down because the reviews say it morphs a lot but it only got a tiny bit better to me.

Wall St.- I got an overwhelming bubblegum note out of this one that totally ruined it for me. Didn't seem particularly aquatic

Hamptons- This one was the biggest dissapointment, because I was hoping for a possibly "better" version of SMW, a scent that I already like. It really doesn't smell all that much like SMW to me. It lacks the sweetness and the sparkle. Hamptons to me is very flat and boring.

So look guys, it might not be quite fair for me to judge an entire house based on 4 scents, but the fact that the ones I did try were all so lame to me combined with their shoddy image and ridiculous price point just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. I really wish I did like Bond though, because it would be nice to have a QUALITY high-end American perfumery and they have cool bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Markinlondon
    Hi aubrgene, bring lots of money!!! There are some good threads on here, Harvey Nichols and harrods and selfridges carry most of the lines, then of course l'artisan in marylebone. My favorite street is bond street and jermyn street. Taylors is great, have a shave there and also get some rose shaving cream! its amazing! superb low prices too. My favorite, Mr Taylors cologne is around £15. Lemony lime and cedar.

Les scenteurs, trufitts, malone, hermes, speake, all there, plan a map! you will have fun, then finish in the ritz for tea! or Davidoffs for a cigar!

ps, if you like a drink, Barsolona in old compton st, does a great mojito !

But please, grow some stubble, and spend on a shave in Taylors (jermyn st) its excellent. The best birthday gift ever from my wife! luxury!
    Thanks, I"m looking forward to it!!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS