Code of Conduct

Exclamation Men's scents that are CHEAP AND SMELL GOOD!

He, Jongens!

Chance and time to place not the "mainstream designer water's" only!

Last edited by Paradeiserl; 10th July 2006 at 10:01 AM.

Default Re: Men's scents that are CHEAP AND SMELL GOOD!

Canoe.
    Life is a banquet...and I got botulism! -- Me

Live Jazz
    Envy

Two amazing smells that are only 20 bucks for testers. Those are big bottles too. WOW!

Bvlgari Black 2.5 oz. One can easily get it for under $20 at ebay.
    Some of the Molinard's I've tried was not bad either, and they are very cheap.

Dolge & Gabbana pour homme

A 1,7 oz is around 32euros i think. Should be about the same in $

Please, tell us what do you think "cheap" is for you , and if regular retail and/or internet prices are allowed cause everyone will be saying that "i got this x frag for 10 bucks on the net so it's cheap" or " i got this frag for 55 bucks it's a total cheapie" so please... what's the price limit?
    i mean it's obvious that on the net you can find steals and that over at retail (in general) things get pricier...

BRUT - of course and in winter Puig's Quorum

It's all about the Scentiments.

Lolita Lempicka is really cheap and is stellar. The YSL scents are also relatively cheap. I mean, c'mon, there are a huge number of scents you can score from Scentiments for under $30, which is a pretty good deal and of course many of those scents are quality.

Yves rocher does good scents most of the time reduced as well as free delivery most of the time

have a go !!!!

laurent
    Invisible Power

I really like Joop! Nightflight. Oh, and check out the website:

www.bigdiscount.com and click on men's fragrances. Tons of stuff for under $20. Check out the Incense 3.4 oz bottle for $16.95. This is an incredible masculine floral.

In England Paco Rabanne Pour Homme usually goes for 19.99 for 100ml, even though the official recommended price is much higher (about 34.99 I think). Anyway, I just love this scent and have done since first using it in 1979 when I was a teenager. It's one of those that I can rely on when I'm not sure what to wear, especially at the weekends. Fresh, soapy honey and lavender, with something quite unique about it.

It will always be on my shelf, the brilliant green and silver bottle design reminding me of the good times I've had wearing it.

I've only got one cheap scent (given to me by my sister, after coming back from a health and beauty exhibition), which I only use for work - Red Blaze (not the Calvin Klein 'classics' version). It took me a while to grow to like it, because it smelt too feminine at first. However, a couple of months after discovering Basenotes, it now smells a little synthetic to me (but still quite pleasant).

A few female colleagues have asked me about this fragrance, but I never tell them what it is because I know they're thinking of getting it for their boyfriends/husbands!

I have two suggestions.

1: There's a new fragrance for men at Hot Topic called Bone Daddy. It's not the old one in the white or clear bottle, it's the one in the black box and black bottle. The old one I didn't care for, but this one is really good. It's a tie-in with "The Nightmare Before Christmas" movie.

2: Axe Voodoo. I don't like most of the Axe scents, but there are a few good ones, and this one is the best out of them all, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by castorpollux
    Please, tell us what do you think "cheap" is for you , and if regular retail and/or internet prices are allowed cause everyone will be saying that "i got this x frag for 10 bucks on the net so it's cheap" or " i got this frag for 55 bucks it's a total cheapie" so please... what's the price limit?
    i mean it's obvious that on the net you can find steals and that over at retail (in general) things get pricier...

... sorry castorpollux! I've forget to show an example!

With cheap I mean mass market fragrances of the big players - like P & G, CBLG, Unilever, L'Oreal etc. - and the "waters" whitch are not displayed in front of an shop or departement store.
    Any drugstore/shop has an area where you can find this brands. Mostley diplayed at the bottem line. Price starting with 10 € / 15 $ or less ......
    Like "Hatric" or "Pitralon" in Germany, or "Mennen" in France, "Old Spice" from USA and and and ...
    Sometimes this "cheap" and from me so called "waters", are an real hit in between.

Last edited by Paradeiserl; 12th July 2006 at 12:18 PM.

Tabac Original is well worth the price IMO. I heard that the EdC and the EdT differ quite a bit. For some reason the EdT can nowhere be found at the moment here in Austria. Last year all shelves were full with the EdT. Now all shelves are full with the EdC.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

..... well - "Irish Moos"!

who know's that?

I'd say that the retail price for Diesel Plus Plus is pretty good at 10$/. It's somewhat of an odd scent but I wear it more than a lot of the pricier stuff I've got.

I once bought a bottle of Irisch Moos just for the sake of it. Two nights in a row I sprayed my pillow before bed, then I sold it for 1.00 Euro on eBay. LOL!

What about Pino Silvestre? I use the shower gel from time to time, but would not buy a bottle.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I got a 4.2oz bottle of Laura Biagiotti's Roma Uomo for < $25.