Code of Conduct
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default Re: What is your current signature scent?

I don't really have one - why do you ask?

I think the signature perfume is the perfume that you look at it with total respect, handle it's bottle with deep love and caring and apply it with joy, for me that perfume is Memoire d'Homme by Nina Ricci and has been since the very first time it was released.
    Currently listening to: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, The Last Waltz - Old Boy, The Prodigy - Firestarter, Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood, R.E.M - Losing My Religion, "He's On the Beach" - Kirsty MacColl, In-Grid - Tu Es Foutu

Spring is here, Geranium Pour Monsieur is my signature scent, followed by Stephen Jones for Comme De Garcon , Blinding aldehydes, Violets, ink Printer, chili peppers...more for evening.

I'm polygamous in terms of colognes but if I had to choose one of my fragrances as a signature scent right now I'd probably go with Bvlgari Pour Homme Extrême.

To be of note, D&G Pour Homme has been my signature scent for quite a long time.
    "He who ruled scent ruled the hearts of men." — Patrick Süskind (Perfume: The Story of a Murderer)

Mine change so frequently. For that reason, I'd agree with Ken_Russell's idea above: "The signature rotation." Today, I'd say its Cartier Roadster, and that I hope to use this the most often in the near future. But in the past few months its been SMW, Ferragamo F Black, VIW, Gucci Pour Homme II, Agua de Loewe, LLaM Eau Fraiche, Bleecker Street...yea, you get the idea. I have signature scent phases...and those phases seem to move rather quickly although I wish they didn't...
    I smell better than you.

My husband wore Green Irish Tweed, but he really likes Geraniums Pour Monsieur now. It suits him, since the toothpaste smell disappears quickly on him. It goes from lemon to Jagermeister to cedar. I still prefer GIT, and he has a bottle of that. No GPM yet.

Millesime Imperial
    Black Aoud
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I don't have one but out of my collection, currently I have been wearing Pure Havane alot lately & then once the warmer weather hits it will be Paul Smith Story

1st post.
    Since my childhood Carlo Corinto has always been in my drawer. I once in a time use it. Not to often but it is always there.

Though I rarely know what I am going to wear everyday until the last second, I am wearing D & G The One quite often these days.

I've been wearing Pure Havane a ton lately. Also reach for Kenzo Homme Woody a good bit.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I am currently travelling around the word, and only took small decants of M7, Rive Gauche and L'Homme along with some samples, and absolutely fell in love with anteus. Bought a full bottle here in Shanghai, which is not easy to find btw. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mdtroyer View Post
    I am currently travelling around the word, and only took small decants of M7, Rive Gauche and L'Homme along with some samples, and absolutely fell in love with anteus. Bought a full bottle here in Shanghai, which is not easy to find btw. Cheers
    Nice, you got it covered now ... that's what I love about YSL

joop homme. just 2 sprays and people still notice the smell 10 hrs later.

Vetiver Tonka has been the scent that my friends (and lovers) would associate to me for the last few years... I generally use my "signature" scent in occasions where I want the other person to notice it and remember it, rather than wearing it everyday. Still, I kind of keep the same notes in my everyday scent: I love vetiver, and often wear vetiver oriented colognes.
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Trying to avoid using one fragrance only.
    But I'm a big fan of Chanel. So I can say my signature house is Chanel.
    With only two exceptions I love all male / unisex fragrances they released.
    And they cover all my needs.

I'm in the process of making a small collection of my signature "type" of scents. I like spicy, boozy/rum, tobacco aromas. Right now I smell like Aramis Havana and Tommy Bahama most days.

But I'm also trying to put together (by sampling first of course) a classic "old school" collection that works for me. Will be trying out Azzaro PH, Aramis, Giorgio Beverly Hills, and the like.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

The irony is... I joined Basenotes to try and find a better signature scent for me. I now rotate between about 6 or 7 a week, and the rotation group changes with the seasons.

The upside is that, these days, I smell good!

Default What is your Signnature Scent??

He guys, we all have one go to scent that we grab when we don't quite know what to wear, or when we're in a rush and don't have time to look through our wardrobe and find the perfect scent for that particular day(Weather, Temp etc.)
    Currently I would have to go with Dsquared2 He Wood. What's yours??

Default Re: What is your Signnature Scent??

At the moment: YSL M7.

All time: Burberry Brit.

Default Re: What is your Signnature Scent??

egoiste orrr midnight in paris..

Default Re: What is your signature scent?

Changes daily

Haha moved to just starting out after 6 years.

Dont have one....
    Want to trade - Chanel Platinum Egoiste for Dior Eau Sauvage...
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/394...82#post3308582

Quote Originally Posted by mdtroyer View Post
    Shanghai shouldn't be to hard to find

Seriously though, I am too new to the hobby to have one, as I have barely gotten to know all the new bottles and samples I have amassed in the past few months. I must say, I have been wearing M7 from a sample the last 2 days, and I love it. When I get a bottle, this will be in the running for a sig scent, but I doubt I'll ever have one, as there are just too many beautiful masculine scents around to stick with one, even a majority of the time. I can't even oick one vetiver or one gourmande.

for swap/sale:

I have never had a signature scent, even when I only used 3 bottles in rotation - I didn't have one.

Now that I'm closing in on 150 frags, I still don't have one.

A lot of basenoters have 500-1000+ bottles of juice, so don't expect many die hard BN'ers to reply here

But my all time favourite frags are - YSL Body Kouros, YSL Kouros, YSL Rive Gauche, YSL Opium, Azzaro Pour Homme, Azzaro Acteur, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Allure Homme, Dior Fahrenheit, Dior Homme Sport, Bvlgari Black, Boss Bottled, D&G Pour Homme, Aramis Havana, Oscar De la Renta Pour Lui Dark Green, Davidoff Original, Zino Davidoff & Davidoff Cool Water.

A couple of niche frags are growing on me fast, but haven't tested them long enough to call them my all time favs yet.....I only started this frag collecting in August last year......after a 20 year break from collecting frags
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

I'm working on making it myself, and am (I think!) nearing completion. Will it be the only scent I wear? Of course not. But I do plan on wearing it often!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

212 men 1999 scent

For years, ADG was my signature scent. Since joining Basenotes, I've acquired 9 new fragrances and I rotate on a daily basis. On those days when I can't decide what cologne to wear, I just go with my tried-and-true ADG

If I had a signature scent it would be S. Lutens,ARABIE
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.