Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: What is your signature scent?

I'd have to say JHL. I don't even own a bottle right now, but it's the frag that my other half, my family members, and most of my friends most closely associate with me.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I remember what it was like to have a signature fragrance. It was actually kinda fun to always know what you were going to wear, and have it always fit.. mine was Creed Silver Mountain Water with Kiehl's Coriander lotion and never since have I gotten so many repeat compliments (my friends called it the Anthony smell, in a good way of course ). Now i definitely have favorites but even those change daily. Who the hell knows anymore
    Last edited by nthny; 22nd October 2007 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tvlampboy View Post
    I'd have to say JHL. I don't even own a bottle right now, but it's the frag that my other half, my family members, and most of my friends most closely associate with me.

And it's nice to see JHL readily available as well.... A great holiday scent.....

Fragrance On,

Otto

Terre d´Hermes
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Several years ago it was Signature by S.T.Dupont. But now I haven't this kind of scent.

Givenchy Pi

Baldessarini Eau de Cologne Concentrée

It depends on my mood. I change everyday...Now i am in love with the new "VIVARA" from Emilio Pucci. It is a female scent but it is also amazing on a male....I also use to wear "ANTIDOTE", "PRADA FOR MEN", "SABLES", "EAUD'HADRIEN", "EAU DU SUD", "GIT", "EROLFA","PARFUM D'HABIT", "EAU DES ILES" , "GARRIGUE", the CARONS, GUERLAINS,"MONTALES" etc....

Hammam Bouquet by Penhaligon's
    No. 89 by Floris
    Vetiver by Floris

And last, but not least, my staples:
    Pinaud Clubman
    Aqua Velva
    Last edited by Texican; 10th December 2007 at 03:30 AM.

I would have to say that Cacharel pour l'Homme is my signature, but since the snow started falling it has been A*Men.
    You are not your perfume.

Jubilation 25 by Amouage

Musclegod007 did you read the review on perfume-smellin' things? It is all about Jubilation 25 and Marina thinks it's the best scent released in two years. Is it really that good? Have you tried Jubilation XXV as well? Care to give us your thoughts?

At this time, I think the following fragrances collectively are the closest I have to a signature scent. It would be too difficult to try to pick only one of these as my signature. However, if I was allowed to have only one fragrance, I would be happy if any of these was that one.

- Chanel Égoïste
    - Czech & Speake Neroli
    - Aramis JHL
    - Sergei Lutens Chergui
    - Domenico Caraceni Pour Homme
    - Boucheron Jaïpur Homme
    - Bulgari Black

Quote Originally Posted by paintrman View Post
    Musclegod007 did you read the review on perfume-smellin' things? It is all about Jubilation 25 and Marina thinks it's the best scent released in two years. Is it really that good? Have you tried Jubilation XXV as well? Care to give us your thoughts?
    XXV = 25

Quote Originally Posted by Scentologist View Post
    XXV = 25
    LOL
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

It's not really funny unless you don't know that the version for men is Jubilation XXV and the one for Women is Jubilation 25. http://www.amouage.com/

I appologize paintrman. I though you were talking about something else. Peace?

Comme des garçons Syntethic series and Tom Ford Orchid has become my favourite in winter...
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I did a quick search for "signature scent" and it looks like we haven't talked about this for about fifteen months. Like many of the people in this thread, I started out trying to replace my signature scent of more than twenty years [Giorgio for Men - Giorgio Beverly Hills which, coincidentally, is the same fragrance that started MY_2_Scents, the originator of this thread, on his quest. Thanks for leading the way! ].

As I get further into my journey, I have found a few fragrances that I really enjoy and think smell absolutely wonderful on me. I don't have a rotation but I find that I am reaching for these on a regular basis:

Hermes - Equipage
    Guerlain - Heritage
    Chanel - Pour Monsieur (1955)
    Chanel - Egoiste
    Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    Caron - Yatagan
    Azzaro - Azzaro pour Homme
    Estee Lauder - Lauder for Men

So, do you have or even want a signature scent? What fragrances do you reach for on a regular basis? How have your thoughts evolved since this was last discussed?
    This is an amazing journey we are on isn't it!

Quoted above is my answer from less than two months ago. I still wear these regularly and would not delete any one of them from my list.

However, I do feel the need to add several:

Aramis - Devin
    Dunhill - Dunhill for Men (1934)
    Creed - "Vintage" Tabarome
    Bogart - Bogart pour Homme
    Guerlain - Derby
    Knize - Knize Ten
    Nicolai - New York
    Tiffany - Tiffany for Men
    YSL - Kouros (I know, I know - but I like it!)

....to be continued.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Scentologist...of course!

As for my signature scent, I don't really have one. I tell people that I have so many bottles because I like variety. After all, I wouldn't want to wear the same shirt every day. However, I would have to say that I am, at the moment, obsessed with Montale's Aoud Lime.

It will be Cacharel PH. I thought it would be Royal English Leather, which is perhaps even better than Cacharel, but I have very few scents and REL would be hard to wear on a day-to day basis. For me signature should mean 'the one I wear on most days'.

Lately, I've been wearing Narciso Rodriguez for Him quite often. Easy to wear and versatile, but quite unique at the same time... a great choice.
    Last edited by MFfan310; 10th December 2007 at 04:04 PM.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Everyday: Gendarme or Thierry Mugler

Going out: Geir or Acqua di Parma

Prada Amber PH.

In the past it has been Polo (green) and Grey Flannel. I still wear both of those often, but now my signature scents are Guerlain Vetiver and Chanel PM.

Bandit

Default Whats YOUR Signature Scent?

yea whats your signature scent
    although I really dont like using the world holy grail but you get the idea

mine so far= Kouros
    but I have a LONG way to go
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Default Re: Whats YOUR Signature Scent?

Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille
    Once Upon A Time In Nazi Occupied France...A Basterd's Work is Never Done ~ Inglourious Basterds

MKK by Lutens. I need a little dirt in my lily white life.

Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Makes the girlfriend weak in her knees.

Sycomore
    Guerlain vetiver
    Yatagan

Seeing as though I rarely wear the same fragrance twice in a month, I don't technically have one, but if I were to pick a couple fragrances that defined my olfactory signature I'd have to say they'd be Parfumerie Generale Cuir d'Iris and Helmut Lang EdC/EdP, with Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur close behind.

Spinnin' wheel must go round!

Don't have one, though I do wear Ormonde Jayne Man, Hertiage and MdM/Jicky a lot!
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 16th February 2009 at 05:31 AM.
    ===
    “… [I] recall thinking that the computer would never advance much further than this. Call me naïve, but I seemed to have underestimated the universal desire to sit in a hard plastic chair and stare at a screen until your eyes cross.” ~ David Sedaris

My signature scent has been Sander for Men for quite some time. Finally looking to move on though...
    "Health food may be good for the conscience but Oreos taste a hell of a lot better" - Robert Redford

The more I learn about perfume appreciation the harder it becomes to have ONE signature frag.

Blog Entries

Wink Re: Whats YOUR Signature Scent?

Signature scents: Mitsouko EDP and Jaipur EDP.

It used to be Antaeus. But that was easy, because it was the only one I knew!

ATM I don't have one.
    No guru, not method, no teacher
    Just you and I and nature

At gun point, Tubéreuse Criminelle, but....

Quote Originally Posted by jathanas View Post
    The more I learn about perfume appreciation the harder it becomes to have ONE signature frag.
    ...is true for me as well.

Currently, a rotation between Gucci Envy, Guerlain Vetiver, Ungaro III, Roberto Capucci PH and Knize Ten. But I don't think this rotation might turn permanent and "committed", I might consider some variations.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 22nd February 2009 at 08:50 PM.

Once upon a time... Obsession for Men, then it was Racquets by Penhaligons until 2005, when Dior Homme became the signature. As much as I love different scents, some days I when I don't wear DH, I feel like I'm cheating on a good and loyal friend! That said, I agree with the last few posts, in that I'm wearing some others more these days (e.g. Habit Rouge, Guerlain Vetiver), but DH is still the number 1.
    -
    Top 7 (Feb 2009): Dior Homme (incl Intense & Cologne versions), Penhaligon's Racquets Formula, Kenzo Power, Prada Infusion d'Homme, Gendarme, Guerlain's Veiver & Habit Rouge

I have favourites but I don't have a signature frag, I have too many fragrances to have just one.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

It was Eternity for men and Antaeus in 1990-1993.
    Now it`s hard for me to choose a signature scent.

I wear different frags even on soccer training games!!!
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Terre d´hermes is my favorite and most used fragrance.
    "Wow, I've never smelled anything like that before."

Penhaligons Love Potion No9 for Him.

None so far, but still have favorite ones.It woud be easier to list not liked ones.

Once upon a time...

...oh forget it

Dont have one but I lean towards Opium pour Homme Eau de Parfum

Black Auod

A three-way tie: Héritage, Bois de Portugal and Kouros. Héritage really comes out on top most days, IMHO.

I love Grey Flannel, Catalyst for Men, Millésime Impérial, Calvin for Men (the original) and Lagerfeld Classic.

Azzaro pour Homme, Polo Green and Giorgio for Men (these ideas from TwoRoads) also rank high.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 16th February 2009 at 09:32 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

Used to be Angel Men for eons, with a brief interruption by Terre d'Hermes, but both have been displaced by By Kilian's Straight to Heaven.
    Top 5 for Winter:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Back to Black - By Kilian
    3) M7 (vintage or Oud Absolu) - YSL
    4) Aventus - Creed
    5) John Varvatos Vintage

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

im on the way to displacing them if signiature means the one i most wear its terre, if not its angel men i wear once for 2 weeks sometimes more often cus my 'friend with benefits' loves it! ;D
    Last edited by yrk; 16th February 2009 at 03:14 PM.
    Tell Hugo, he isnt boss anymore.
    Nieruchomości Gorzów

Quote Originally Posted by bbBD View Post
    ...if I were to pick a couple fragrances that defined my olfactory signature...
    YES. Perfectly stated!
    The handful of fragrances that I finally narrowed down to can briefly be summed up by Serge Lutens' Cuir Mauresque.

NOTE: This may change any minute now

Derby by Guerlain
    My Top Six - Guerlain Vetiver, Santal Noble, Bois Du Portugal, Antaeus, GIT, Vetiver Extraordinaire

Wardrobe

I have none. I suppose I used to. The first one was Jade East. I quickly tired of its oriental intensity and went over to the much calmer Canoe. In the 80's, I suppose Fahrenheit was the one. Hadrien (Annick Goutal) was my first "niche" SS in the mid 90's.
    Last edited by Delmar; 17th February 2009 at 05:31 AM.

Last edited by Scentronic; 16th February 2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I was thinking about what my signature scent is last night.

Of all the scents I have, I'm starting to feel bogged down. Do people really remember me by what I've worn? I wear a different fragrance everyday. Does that confuse people when I encounter them? My boss wears the same scent everyday. You know he's been somewhere or is coming from the faint smell of violet leaves and woods (he wears Curve!).

A few hours before bed I wanted to retest Azzaro pour Homme. As I sniffed, I thought that is was wonderful and would be a great signature scent. Of course, I thought the same thing for a number of scents I've tried: Canali for Men, Homme de Gres, the new DKNY Men... the original Polo... Armani Diamonds for Men

I don't specifically have one fragrance I wear but I will say I have a "signature accord". ANything with a spicy cedarwood.

Like most basenoters I am constantly trying and experimenting with new magic, but for the past year my sig scent has been LeLabo Rose 31. I seem to get stuck in year and a half increments on favorites. Two years ago it was CdG Avignon, and before that Bulgari PH, then Gendarme, and a couple yrs. before that Erolfa.

But Rose 31 is me for this past year and a half. But, the NEW keeps calling.

Giorgio for Men was my signature scent for more than 20 years. When I started running low on the 15 bottles I had hoarded and found out what vintage bottles were selling for on eBay, I started looking for a new less expensive signature scent and discovered Basenotes.

Eventually 'Vintage' Tabarome assumed the number one position in my wardrobe after stints by Polo (green), Azzaro pour Homme, Heritage and Chanel Pour Monsieur (1955).

Giorgio for Men returned to production about one year ago and has resumed its rightful place at the top of my wardrobe although the others are close behind.

Nowadays, I rarely wear anything more than once per month so my signature scent is more mental than actual.
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost