Code of Conduct
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: Your Signature Scent

I own too many fragrances at this point to have a signature scent. I did, however, have a signature scent from the mid-1970s through the mid-1990s. It was Tabac Original, and if I were forced to choose one even now, I would more than likely choose my first fragrance love affair (i.e., Tabac Original).

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    I tend to alternate the frags to often, in order to truly say that I have a signature scent.
    It is the same for me.

To add: It is not that I can't see myself having (a) signature scent(s), but at the moment, I've been sampling/acquiring far too many scents to settle on just one or a few. I do know that I have cravings that come in phases. Feminite Du Bois and Chergui are notably the ones I have been craving for, and wearing the most in recent weeks. I've notice myself to get tired of wearing the same scent in consecutive days (usually no more than 3), but those 2 are a huge exception, lately.
    Last edited by MFJ; 3rd February 2010 at 04:38 PM.

I tend to alternate the frags to often, in order to truly say that I have a signature scent.
    Same here.. Wouldn't want a signature scent. Would seem too restrictive.
    ~Mark~

My signature scent is confusion. No one that interacts with me regularly could possibly keep up with my random frag of the day.
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Dont' have one. Don't want one.
    This.

It has to be two for me:
    CDG - Artek Standard
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum

These two suit me just fine.

Used to be a "signature guy" and used vintage Guerlain Vetiver edc exclusively. No longer. Love to rotate and enjoy all my collection as the mood strikes me!

Blog Entries

Allure Edition Blanche for the past couple years. However, I haven't worn it as much for the past couple months because I was still trying other things out. I'm going to be on a Pure Malt craze for the rest of the month as soon as that package arrives!

i agree, but do you all feel the same 'bout women?...

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    signature scent = olfactory fatigue
    Quote Originally Posted by markb View Post
    Same here.. Wouldn't want a signature scent. Would seem too restrictive.
    i do!...
    Last edited by mathematics; 3rd February 2010 at 06:38 PM.

One possible definition of "signature scent": What would you wear if no one else were ever going to be around to smell it, and it was purely for yourself.

For me, so far, it would be Opium PH EdT.

my signature scent: my natural body odor + whatever scent I choose to wear on a given day.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    It is the same for me.

To add: It is not that I can't see myself having (a) signature scent(s), but at the moment, I've been sampling/acquiring far too many scents to settle on just one or a few. I do know that I have cravings that come in phases. Feminite Du Bois and Chergui are notably the ones I have been craving for, and wearing the most in recent weeks. I've notice myself to get tired of wearing the same scent in consecutive days (usually no more than 3), but those 2 are a huge exception, lately.
    That's it! I will make it my mission to finally sample this great Chergui that you guys seem to love so much! We'll see if it's worth the hype. Hopefully it isn't, cuz I don't need any more pricey fragrances to add to my wish list. I'll probably try Encre Noir in the same sample batch too...

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    That's it! I will make it my mission to finally sample this great Chergui that you guys seem to love so much! We'll see if it's worth the hype. Hopefully it isn't, cuz I don't need any more pricey fragrances to add to my wish list. I'll probably try Encre Noir in the same sample batch too...
    I've been noticing a good number of used bottles of Chergui popping up on the BN market place recently, so I figured it isn't for everyone, and perhaps some have bought it based on hype. Unsurprisingly those used bottles tend to be snapped up really fast, and I myself am looking to replenish my dwindling supply soon. It has been nothing short of a revelation to me. If you do sample it, I'd be glad to hear your thoughts on it.

Do not have one
    if I did, it would probably be PdN New York
    Off-Site Decants =) (updated 05/16/12)
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic....7994440fd3c0ab

Once upon a time it was DKNY Be Delicious for Men. Now I have far too many to have one, but I'd still consider it Be Delicious if asked.
    I refuse to sink.

If any it'd be Cool Water.

I don't really have a 'signature scent' because I like to rotate my colognes but if I ever did decide to wear a cologne avidly I think Terre D'Hermes would be my signature scent.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewfoo View Post
    I've been noticing a good number of used bottles of Chergui popping up on the BN market place recently, so I figured it isn't for everyone, and perhaps some have bought it based on hype. Unsurprisingly those used bottles tend to be snapped up really fast, and I myself am looking to replenish my dwindling supply soon. It has been nothing short of a revelation to me. If you do sample it, I'd be glad to hear your thoughts on it.
    It`s a amazing beautiful fragrance. But it does not suit me. There is nothing masculine aboute this scent. I think it`s great as a womans scent. I bought it blind after very good reviews, but gave it away to a woman as a present. It`s a high quality composition indeed! 10 of 10 points.

Talking Re: Your Signature Scent

Quote Originally Posted by kxe003 View Post
    signature scent = olfactory fatigue
    LOOOL, good one! Mine is L'Eau D'Issey Intense
    Check out my Fragrance Review Blog

Wishlist: Byredo Pulp, Creed Aventus, Montale Black Aoud, Original Santal, Dior Jules, Invasion Barbare, Pure Distance M

Basenotes Plus

The smell of success would make a good signature scent...

I would have to say I really like Bond no 9 - New Haarlem.

Probably Body kouros

What Joe said

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    The smell of success would make a good signature scent...
    Yes!

i dunno about signature, but the one i like wearing the most is probably perry ellis 360, i just love that juniper scent. if only this one lasted longer
    Last edited by zazz; 4th February 2010 at 06:11 AM.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    It`s a amazing beautiful fragrance. But it does not suit me. There is nothing masculine aboute this scent. I think it`s great as a womans scent. I bought it blind after very good reviews, but gave it away to a woman as a present. It`s a high quality composition indeed! 10 of 10 points.
    Oslo-Fjord, glad to hear you appreciated this one, albeit find it unwearable on yourself. "Beautiful" is a word I would have used to describe it too!

Cool Re: Your Signature Scent

I doubt I'll find one if I live to be a hundred.

I could tell you which one of my 5 star frags I think is the best made, or which one is the most versatile.

But then the others would get jealous.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario Justiniani; 4th February 2010 at 08:16 AM.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

in the past i had two signatures.. armani code and emporio armani he. now.. don't have one and don't want one.
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

Kilian's Cruel Intention
    Frederic MalleNoir Epices
    Nasomatto Duro

All wonderful in their own way. And attracts women like bees to nectar.......

Not certain that I have one... M7 is the scent I return to most often however.

All of my fragrances are my signature scents hahaa. Maybe eventually I'll have one but.. I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Once upon a time it was DKNY Be Delicious for Men. Now I have far too many to have one, but I'd still consider it Be Delicious if asked.
    I'm waiting for spring to come around to give this and my other citruces more wears...

People have always recognized me as wearing Rochas Man if I had to pick a signature scent. I just alternate so many of them that I don't really believe I can consider having one.

Ixnay on the ignature-say.

What is the purpose of a signature scent? I'm just starting an experiment with an ol' bat, L.T. Piver Floramye. As far as I know the very first application of aldehydes (1905), and that within a pre-classic flowery one, orris etc. More respectful it is an archaeopteryx link between flourish and abstract perfumery, may be.

What will happen, when I "wear" it forthright any day. My personal style shows mostly plain colored two-ply shirts, jeans/kakhis, formal shoes. Will anybody at a time accept that grandma smell of mine, it is very clean and unobtrusive though, as a signature?

I don't have one but as far as it goes, it seems it can be one of the traditional Guerlains.

i wouldn't say i have one, but green irish tweed is what i reach for when i don't know. i went through my first four ouncer of this one very fast...

eric b

i wouldn't say i have one, but green irish tweed is what i reach for when i don't know. i went through my first four ouncer of this one very fast...

eric b

Sounds conceited, but isn't : I am well aware of my uniqueness, why should I need an olfactory monogram ?

I wear fragrance for joy, or to enhance moods, as a personal ornament, develish impulse ...
    All with long pauses in between ! I think am not addicted to perfume. If I were, I would still not know of any cologne or perfume that would suit my purposes 360 days a year anyway. I wouldn't want music in my Ear all day long eithe.if.

Of course - if I had to choose a single perfume for the rest of my life I would know about ten to choose from, five of them rather unobtrusive but giving me smiles and peace, the other five so 'great' that delirium might be my final stage. Between these two categories the decision will be open . . . .
    Last edited by narcus; 5th February 2010 at 10:00 AM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I don't really have one, but people associate me with Mitsouko.
    If fragrance has a gender, so does all art.

Don't have one either, but Havana has been getting the most wears during the past few weeks.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Opium homme eau de parfum..without hesitation or regret
    Probably my second-most worn after Havana. Marvelous scent.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

my signature accord is vanilla. most of my scents contain vanilla in it somehow :P

I like the rest of you have many fragrances but if I could only have one it would hafe to be Tom Ford's Japan Noir; love it.

Thanks to you lot, I'm miles away from having one signature scent!

Default Signature Scent - only one allowed!

Time to make a stand! I challenge you to name the scent that is
    most associated with you - the one you would keep if you could only choose ONE.
    For my part, it would have to be Ivoire de Balmain.
    Top notes: green accord, galbanum, bergamot, lemon, aldehydes

Heart notes: Lily of the valley, rose, hyacinth, jasmine, carnation, orris, orchid, geranium

Base notes: Cedar, musk, oakmoss, amber, raspberry, sandalwood.

Perfumer was Michel Hy, who also did Calandre, Vivara, Rive Gauche, "Y" and Farouche.

It satisfies nearly all of my
    requirements in a perfume and is perfect for every occasion. It is the
    nearest I have to a HG scent. I order mine online from FragranceX.
    Last edited by kewart; 16th February 2010 at 11:55 AM.

Eva Pasco

Default Re: Signature Scent - only one allowed!

Since I seem to have remained faithful to this one for a couple of weeks...my Terranova Gardenia.

At the moment I think it would have to be Odin Owari, simple but very clean and long lasting. Carthusia Mediterraneo would be a very close second, I use that a lot in the Summer months.

However, I've just ordered 3 new fragrances and going by how quickly I used up a large sample of Frapin L'Humaniste, I think that will easily become my signature scent for the time being.

That would be my first niche (can it be considered niche?) love... Tom Ford Black Orchid

Black Orchid was created by perfume creators of fragrance company Givaudan in 2006. It was announced as oriental chypre. The top notes are French jasmine, black truffle, ylang-ylang, black currant and effervescent citrus. In the floral-spicy heart, dwells the Tom Ford's black orchid, imaginary more than real, and the base combines woodsy notes (patchouli and sandalwood), dark chocolate, incense, amber, vetiver, vanilla and balsam.

Chanel Antaeus (though I haven't worn it a lot recently, need to get a replacement bottle)

If I had to pick a fragrance marketed to women it would probably be Patou Sublime which with all its patchouli and sandalwood isn't too far from Antaeus, but a totally different experience.

On Valentines I was wearing Diva and the thyme and honey became really prominent in that rose-chypre and I thought to myself that this was the female counterpart to Antaeus (a leather chypre with sage and beeswax)--anyway, just a thought. Both Jacques Polge scents, 1981 for Antaeus and 1983 for Diva.

Antaeus:

Top Notes
    Clary Sage, Myrtle.

Middle Notes
    Patchouli, Sandalwood.

Base Notes
    Labdanum, Beeswax Absolute.

(I also always get big florals--rose and jasmine I know you're in there)

Sublime:

Jasmine, Rose, Ylang, Vanilla, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Civet
    Last edited by Antaeusintheair; 16th February 2010 at 01:50 PM.
    I offer you perfume,
    More for its pleasure than for yours;
    You perfume perfume.

--Anonymous Ancient Greek Love Lyric

I always seem to have problems with these kind of questions....However,I honestly think I would be happy wearing only Mitsouko....with Feminite du bois as a very close second.

I guess this would be Antaeus then, I wore it exclusively for long periods of time and it's been a constant in my wardrobe since the 80's.

yay! well... CASMIR

it's the only fragrance that I can wear more than 7 days in a row, and that suit any weather and/or ocasion, and mood.

I imagine a hindu girl in a golden sari wearing this at it's best.
    Last edited by w3pearl; 16th February 2010 at 02:07 PM.
    "Diego: Why did you do that? you could've died trying to rescue me.
    Manfred: That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. " (Ice Age)

This is a tough proposal, kewart, for a bunch of 'istas to contemplate.

But seriously, if I had to choose just one, it would be No 5 Eau Premiere. I wear it any time, anywhere, and it always smells great. It's not too forward, not too much, but just right.

Uhh. Promesse De l'Aube. It's practically perfect. But it'd be a really tough choice between that and my lovely Guerlains or my new infatuation with Chanel No5 pure perfume.
    Last edited by Nukapai; 16th February 2010 at 02:24 PM.

Right now, I favor Cuir Ottoman alternating with a little bit of everything else in my wardrobe. Ask me in a few months, it will be different, perhaps.

Something old? A new infatuation? I don't wear the same clothing everyday (although variations on a theme) so I don't have a signature scent.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

My most worn in 2009 was Pure White Linen, closely followed by Eau Première. So if I must be serially monogamous, I suppose it would be Pure White Linen. It's not my husband's favorite, but it always puts me in a good mood.

Top Notes
    Italian Mandarin
    Cool Fresh Air Accord
    Raspberry
    Dewy Greens
    White Freesia

Middle Notes
    Red Tulip
    Rose Absolute
    Wild Honeysuckle
    Gardenia Petals

Base Notes
    White Cedarwood
    Patchouli
    White Heliotrope

At the moment I would have to say it's L'Instant de Guerlain. I replaced a bottle (the big bottle) of the edp in late November and the new one is already half gone. I'm not sure I would have a different answer in a week, but once the weather warms up I'll certainly be reaching for something else as my go-to....the edt, perhaps!

(Edit for update - I don't know how it found out, but my Aromatics Elixir is pouting.)
    Last edited by Evangeline; 16th February 2010 at 03:37 PM.

I would have to go with Chanel no 22. I never tire of it, I don't smell it on other people, and it works year round on me.

Mine would be Chanel 22, but then I have the small matter of summer months. So then it would be Tabac Blond. I just feel right as rain in both of them. So there ya go, Kewart, two's the best I can do!