Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Signature Scent - only one allowed!

Damn hard! Like choosing between your children. A Sophie's Choice. Very cruel.

But,

Chanel No 5 parfum would probably be it.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Blog Entries

I am truly torn between Ormonde Jayne Woman & Caron Tabac Blond. I'll go with Woman here because it never overpowers. Even in the summer, I still love it. TB is more appropriate in cool weather.

Angel without a doubt. She was my signature scent for years and I could go back to that lifestyle I suppose, but I really don't want to now.

I love the idea that my signature is now a wide variety of interesting and different scents.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Ooh, tough one. For men's I'd go with Opium PH. From Ladies I'd go with Black Orchid. I find both are rich and complex with solid sillage and longevity. Maybe not quite year rounders but generally pretty solid perfomers and i feel great wearing them.
    Last edited by Master-Classter; 16th February 2010 at 09:35 PM.
    Tom Ford Splits!!!!
    Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Noir de Noir, Oud Wood
    Plum Japonais,
    Lavender Palm, Tobacco Oud, Café Rose, etc...

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Tubereuse Criminelle... but yet again, I find my tastes are changing. Ever since I've smelled Amoureuse I've begun to wonder if there's a tuberose I can love even more than my ever-faithful Tubereuse Criminelle, as based on top notes alone, Amoureuse would be my all-time favorite fragrance ( I can only compare the strength of feeling with a few other fragrances, like my first experiences with Carnal Flower and En Passant ).
    Last edited by Sugandaraja; 16th February 2010 at 07:22 PM.

Hi
    That really is a difficult question I think my choice would be Ma Liberte by Patou

My first thought was Rive Gauche, but still I´ll go for D&G Feminine.

Strange, since it doesn´t make much out of itself, and is not outstanding in any way. It is just very pleasant, with no loud or sharp notes. I think it goes with any occasion and season.
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Serge Lutens A La Nuit ~ commonly known as 'death by jasmine'!

L'heure Bleue. But when no one is looking I'd sneak in a day of Mitsouko or Caron's Or et noir. hehe. it's all good, because as a person I change my mind all the time, so my signature scent can change along with me!!!

Too difficult! But at this very minute, I'd pick Etro Shaal Nur. It's a versatile beauty that just seems to enhance who I am.

Here's one pyramid I found:

TOP: lemon, bergamot, grapefruit, rosewood, coriander
    MIDDLE: rosemary, tarragon, rose, karo karounde, pomegranate, thyme
    BASE: cedar, labdanum, nutmeg, frankincense, oppoponax, amber, patchouli, vetiver, musk

I don't wear it often enough for it to be considered a signature scent, but it's the one and only I could_not live without:
    Chanel no5
    Comme l'amour, le parfum doit captiver la femme dès le premier contact---André Fraysse

Basenotes Institution

I cannot be monogamous to one scent I think , it's very hard for me ................hmmmm, JOY by Jean Patou if I were marooned on a desert island with just one perfume.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Ormonde Jayne Frangipani.

Quote Originally Posted by ubuandibeme View Post
    Serge Lutens A La Nuit ~ commonly known as 'death by jasmine'!
    Ohh! How could I forget A la Nuit - thanks for mentioning it, Ubu!

"Only one allowed!! OK, but if you post twice you can choose a second one, right? (-at least according to musse-logic)
    Everything passes. Everything changes. Just do what you think you should do.
    --Bob Dylan

Patchouli by Réminiscence

Instant comfort from a bottle. The smoothest patchouli I've found with some tonka, amber and sandalwood to round things out. It's long lasting, well priced and will always be my default fragrance when I'm feeling a little stressed.

Like shades, without a doubt -- and may I add, without a shadow of a doubt -- it is one and only Jean Couturier Coriandre, never too much, always makes me feel good, not so much collecting compliments but still my favorite for many many years, the scent I am known for. Spicy and green and floral and mossy and skanky -- with pretty orange blossom and rose, you name it -- it has it!

My second one is Chanel Bois des Iles.

Hillaire

I really try to be prudent in these hypothetical games, "knowing", it is with respectful consideration of all my potential future 'selves', I must now pick just one forever, solitary scent. ---SIGH---

So, based on my history, reviewing the aspects of myself that have been thus far most constant, I pick the one -- once again --that I have as of yet not tired of:

"Y", by YSL...
    Last edited by Hillaire; 16th February 2010 at 10:49 PM.

Teo Cabanel Alahine.

* Photo is the work of Nathan Branch.
    Last edited by Kismet; 17th February 2010 at 12:05 AM.

Yohji Yamamoto Yohji by Jean Kerléo

http://boutique.museesdegrasse.com/p...la/patou.shtml (scroll down for the bit about Yohji)
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Bandit perfume

2nd choice....: Voleur de Roses....
    Last edited by *dora*; 17th February 2010 at 09:25 AM.

For me it is --> "Bal A Versailles"

- Balava
    - I Want To Appreciate You With My Eyes Closed-

- Anonymous

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chanel Antaeus Equipped With A Double Whipping Of A Black Leather Jacket

Thumbs up Re: Signature Scent - only one allowed!

I don´t know....i love all my wardrobe so much that I really don´t know which one is my signature scent....
    Last edited by ROBERTO; 18th February 2010 at 08:44 AM.
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

This is torture.

I'm so not monogamous, but if I have to pick one scent from my collection which suits every occasion and any season, it would have to be Kingdom. It always feels right.

Ask me again in a few months and you'll get a different answer, I'm sure.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

You know, I've been eyeing this thread for days.
    Even now, my fingers hesitate over the keyboard.
    Sabi.
    There, I've committed.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Fendi Theorema, but if it's true that LVMH discontinued production of this one, I'd have to pick Parfum Sacre as a backup. They are similar in their spiciness and creamy base. Before I discovered these two I would have picked DK Chaos, I love that one, too. Before that it would have been Pheromone or Moschino and before that Arpege. So signature scent is I guess not really my thing. lol

Malle: Noir Epices

I may have to come back every five minutes to update this reply but for now I'll stick with Bulgari Black.
    Currently looking for Ava Luxe Midnight Violet

Visit my offsite sales thread for other items for sale - just updated!
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=265#265

I've not even worn mine that much this year, but if I had to go pull one bottle out, and only one - the one that meets my every requirement for a purfume, that makes me feel good and comfy, but also dresses up a bit, the one that makes me feel special.....

Coromandel by Chanel. I never would have thought a patch scent would be the one, but it is.

Sorry for the incredibly run-on sentence above

Thumbs up Re: Signature Scent - only one allowed!

Until recently, my single signature (for the cold months) was Jicky for over 20 years. (For the warm months it has been Eau Sauvage). But recently, I discovered En Avion by Caron. A Jicky olfactory sibling if I ever inhaled one: rich with smooth civet, spice and vanilla.

If I had to chose one signature for now it would be...En Avion; a real Caron sleeper.
    Last edited by LaNose; 6th March 2010 at 11:54 PM.

It was Tom Ford for Men until I was left with a few spritz and now I'm saving it for the special occasions until I get my hands on another bottle. So for now, I guess I am single and available!
    Visit my blog at http://thescenter.blogspot.com

Mouchoir de Monsieur -although I love Jicky as much. I can't choose between the two of these.

A terrifying prospect, but if I could be guaranteed it would come back and never ever ever go away again it would be Zibeline!

Next best Fracas

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

It's between a couple of male and a female scent.
    Hypnotic Poison, Dior Homme Intense
    or Égoïste.

If I can only chose one, I'd go with Chanel..!

It would have to be Fleurs de Sel for me. I can't begin to explain all of why. It makes me think of an entirely bleak time in my life, but at the same time, it's really uplifting.

Blog Entries

It's.....YSL's Opium Pour Homme eau de parfum!!!

This is extremely difficult; torture even! Well, I have about five in the running for this "title", but at the moment Chanel No. 19 is one I've worn 7+ days in a row, multiple times, and feel I can never be without.
    Last edited by Lyndy Hop; 28th February 2010 at 01:49 AM.

Oh, Miss Lyndy Hop, I knew your choice would be No. 19 even before I clicked on the thread. I have to say, No. 19 is one of my own personal favorites.

As for myself, I really cannot pick a signature scent -- I change my mind too, too much.

Hillaire

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndy Hop View Post
    This is extremely difficult; torture even! Well, I have about five in the running for this "title", but at the moment Chanel No. 19 is one I've worn 7+ days in a row, multiple times, and feel I can never be without.
    Like, Leesee, I guessed this, too! I saw your name, and thought you'd picked No. 19 or Must! LOL!!

Blog Entries

My signature scent has been, is and shall be Mitsouko!

The one that came to mind first was Guerlain Vetiver.

Ugh, what a challenge... So I have to choose one which I could wear all year round... I would love to vote for OJ Orris Noir but I couldn't bear it in the summer heat. So let's make it TDC Jasmin de Nuit.

Quote Originally Posted by ineespenes View Post
    i always seem to have problems with these kind of questions....however,i honestly think i would be happy wearing only mitsouko....with feminite du bois as a very close second.
    ditto !

I'm with Dora: Bandit, Bandit, Bandit.

That's MY choice.

If it were the choice of my SO, however, it would be Soir de Lune. Natch.
    This week, 'Chanel Cuir de Russie: Skin Scent' at http://thescentimentalist.blogspot.com/

Of course! it will always be Cocoa Mademoiselle.. WAS... IS... and WILL BE...

The constant in my wardrobe for years is Jicky

My signature scent is most definitely "ALIEN" by Thierry Mugler!! It smells absolutely amazing on me until I wash it off. I lost count of how many refills I've purchased. It's the one perfume I could never be without. I get the most compliments when I wear Alien. I mean I have folks stop and turn around when I wear it. It quickly replaced "X" by Clive Christian as my date perfume. I haven't found a man yet that didn't love it on me.
    Last edited by Divatologist; 2nd March 2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Diva is fartin in your perfume mist before you walk through it!! Walk slow and let it marinate......

Divatologist....Breaking perfume rules since 1969
    I smells goooooooooooood! Don't believe me? Come smell me!!

"The Divatologist Perfume Application Method" is now available!!! Learn It, Live It, Love It Click Here! Many Compliments Await You!

www.twitter.com/Divatologist www.divatologist.tumblr.com

This is the hardest question. I would be tearing myself away from Ivoire Balmain and Coco Chanel but it would have to be Yendi Cappuci I think.... but I would find it hard to leave the Coco behind.... so I'm not absolutely sure....

I am so glad you mostly decided to reveal "The One!"
    It is fascinating to read your choices.
    Mumsy, I have never heard of Yendi Cappuci - can you describe it?

Yendi by Capucci. In the latter part of the 70's I had a Saturday job at Harrods, I was in my late teens. I used to go to the perfume department every break and lunchtime and try just about everything there over the two or so years. One day I sampled Yendi and was hooked forever. The assistant told me it was £100 an ounce, which in those days was a fortune and even more so to a teenager. I had wanted some ever since, until I found a miniature 4ml bottle on ebay last year. I would say it was a gentle floral turning into a green chypre. A bit like the family of Carven Ma Griffe. The basenotes review sums it up much better than I can. I'm not sure I should broadcast this old love affair though. You will all want it. Luckily I've bought my vintage bottles to last me a lifetime already.

Un profumo affettuoso

I'm torn between Fidji by Guy Laroche and La Nuit by Paco Rabanne... -

but eventually, I'd pick La NUIT de Paco Rabanne because of its glorious sillage ....

The good thing is, that in the imaginary world where I would be forced to make such cruel choices, i would have all of you around to remind to help me enjoy the scents I was not able to choose!

This is really tough, and I usually refuse to even try to answer this questions, but I'm going to do it this time.

Narrowing, narrowing, narrowing down to Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman and Chergui

If it were life or death and I could only have one it would be

Chergui

But may I sit next to Kumquat?
    Last edited by Nostalgie; 4th March 2010 at 12:49 PM.
    "You...put on cologne to write?"(From Midnight in Paris)

Stop by for a chat: http://perfumedletters.wordpress.com/
    My book reviews: http://www.nstperfume.com/author/Cheryl/

Niki de Saint Phalle.

(But I'd sneak Mitsouko and Joy now and then.)

I'm gonna say Carnal Flower. Ask me tomorrow and I'll say something different.

I would have to say LHeure Bleue, even though Eau de Patou has been with me since I was a teenager.
    Evenstar

Quote Originally Posted by PerfumeGoddess View Post
    Of course! it will always be Cocoa Mademoiselle.. WAS... IS... and WILL BE...
    Absolutely, for me, despite my love of woodier, darker frags. CM always makes me feel confident and happy, and elicits the most "what smells so good?" comments..
    Actias luna's fragrance reviews | Now blogging with AromiErotici, Carrie Meredith, Mimi Gardenia, Sugandaraja, Asha, bluesoul, shamu1, Redneck Perfumisto and Daly Beauty at Il Mondo di Odore
    Art: Actias luna's other hobby
    - along with some impromptu "performance writing" here on Basenotes!

Guerlain Plus Que Jamais. Until further notice.
    "So many scents, so little skin"...

http://bonkersaboutperfume.blogspot.com/

Basenotes Plus

This isn't the answer I thought I would write but I have my reasons, as you will see. Chanel Coco, edt.

It's the first, and only fragrance my husband has ever selected and purchased for me entirely on his own without hints or any such stuff. When he gave it to me, I was so shocked & surprised, I cried & so did he. I'll always own a bottle of this.
    Last edited by RHM; 6th March 2010 at 03:38 AM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by RHM View Post
    This isn't the answer I thought I would write but I have my reasons, as you will see. Chanel Coco, edt.

It's the first, and only fragrance my husband has ever selected and purchased for me entirely on his own without hints or any such stuff. When he gave it to me, I was so shocked & surprised, I cried & so did he. I'll always own a bottle of this.
    What a sweet, sweet story! Thank you for sharing it.

Banned

L'Heure Bleue.
    Runners up: Bal à Versailles, Diva and Shalimar.

Mystere de Rochas - and now it's discontinued!!!!

reine