Code of Conduct
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Signature Scent - only one allowed!

This is too difficult. I have thought that Parfums Nicola´ perhaps could be a signature house for me. But now I want the Grossmiths too. And a couple of days ago I took out my bottle of Chanel nr 19 and spritzed and it was so lovely and so on and so on ...

PawelL

Giorgio Beverly Hills For Men

Regards,
    Pawel

Oooh Pawel! I thought I was the only perfumista standing to love Giorgio! Mwah!

reine

Default Re: Your Signature Scent

I have just small wardrobe but since joining BN, I was able to wear same fragrance for maximum 3 days in row I tried to make atleast scent of the week but wasnt succesful. Now my preference is changing as fast as weather and my mood.. Still looking for holy grail, for that "me in the bottle".

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Dont' have one. Don't want one.
    +1 Too much good stuff out there!
    ~Mark~

"I, too, believe in fidelity. But how can I be true to one woman without being false to all the others?" - Edward Abbey

Regards,
    T

Used to be Polo and Kouros, at a time when those two weren't considered strong colognes...Nowadays the size of my wardrobe stops me from having one signature scent.

It might be Domenico Caraceni 1913, but I honestly rotate through way too many to really say I have a signature scent.

If I had to choose, it would be EdP FM Vetiver Extraordinaire. Chergui's up there too, though, so don't tell her I said that. There are a couple of Creeds too, but they're so conceited I'm not worried about hurting their feelings.

Default What is/are your signature scent/s?

Hi guys!

It seems like I've posted in all the other subforums except this one, when I should be posting here first since I'm new.

Icebreaker:
    I understand people who don't see the appeal in having a signature scent, but for those who do, what's yours? How long have you been wearing it? Do you layer fragrances to achieve your signature scent? What do you love so much about your signature fragrances that made you choose them?

Sorry if I ask too many questions, but I'm genuinely curious about what people think about when they choose to have a life-long relationship with a fragrance that they make their signature scent

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is/are your signature scent/s?

Ok my signature was obsession from Calvin Klein but then
    i feel in love with Yves saint laurent Opium
    i think why people why have a long relationship with one scent
    is for a lot of reasons

1. A scent that makes them feel confident
    2. A scent that brings memories from their lives
    3. Skin Chemistry has a lot to do with it also
    since we don't have the same skin type people
    find a scent that works for their skin and
    stick by it
    4. maybe there afraid to change to new scents like people are
    afraid to change so they stay with the ones they have.

and i don't layer my scents i don't believe i that

Weimar, I had a bottle of CK Obsession when I was 11. XD LOL! Yeah, I was too young for it but it makes me think that even then I had good taste in fragrances. I never finished the bottle though and it just disappeared when we moved house. I'd still wear it now but I'm sort of committed to other fragrances already. XD How many years did you stay with CK Obsession?

I'm quite amazed how some people stay with one fragrance for many years. They may change their partners, their hair, their body, but they stick with one fragrance through and through. I've read that burlesque dancer Dita Von Teese (ex-wife of Marilyn Manson) had been wearing Quelques Fleur L'original since she was 14 (she's now 37 or 38). But she had to abandon it recently because her boyfriend's (of more than a year now) mother uses the same fragrance as her signature!

I don't have a signature scent. I get too bored with things and have to switch up and fragrances are no exception.

Oh and I STILL wear CK Obsession, I love the stuff and can't ever see being without a bottle in my collection.

Blog Entries

i'v been honored is someone wears the same scent as me lol
    ever it's my mother in law lol

I have a few that I wear a lot. But my bf thinks Tam Dao is the real "me" if that makes sense.

The scent that says me is Tom Ford's Japon Noire. I wearbit when ever I need to be me.

Hai Karate. I'm still trying to find my "signature scent," but I get a lot of compliments from Aventus, Silver Mountain Water, and Chanel Platinum Egoiste.

My signature scent is Allure Sensuelle by Chanel. I have been loyal since it was released 5 years ago. Prior to that, I switched between No.5, Emeraude, Shalimar, and a few others that I still keep in my collection for when I want to switch things up.

For whatever reason, Allure Sensuelle feels and smells beautiful on me. I was shocked to find a "modern" fragrance that worked so well, since my preferences in the past had leaned towards old Chypres and powders. Allure Sensuelle is one of those rare fragrances that I find smells good on my body and that others--especially my perfume-hating boyfriend--compliment me on.

Here's another point that I don't think was mentioned previously: women tend to wear fragrances that generate compliments for them, especially if the statement is simply "You smell great!" as opposed to "What perfume are you wearing?" Again, the choice of a signature is tied to psychology.

i dont really dig into the idea of a signature scent coz that would be boring..its like wearing the same shirt everyday. however i do have a signature accord. Most of my scents have vanilla except for 1-2 of them.

Default Signature fragrance - your opinions?

Hello everybody, it's time for me to buy a new fragrance. This time, i'm going for a signature scent and i've narrowed a list of fragrances down to these;

YSL - La Nuit De l┤homme
    YSL - Body Kouros
    or Diesel - fuel for life.

Which one should i pick?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Euphoria; 2nd March 2011 at 04:26 PM.

Default Re: Signature fragrance - your opinions?

I don't subscribe to the notion of a signature scent. I believe a man should have a wardrobe of scent as he has a wardrobe of clothing. Do you wear a suit and tie everywhere? In all likelihood, no.

Have several scents to match your moods and clothing. A "signature scent" is a "concept" invented by those makeover gurus on television or in fashion magazines.

I would say, though, to put Lolita Lempicka at the top of your list...and give Balmain Ambre Gris and L'Occitane Eau des Baux a try if you like sweet.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Signature scent? BORING

Let me rephrase;

WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY OUT OF FUEL FOR LIFE, LA NUIT DE L┤HOMME AND BODY KOUROS?

La nuit

Out of those listed I'd buy La Nuit de L'homme. I personally enjoy it, despite the dislike here on BN. It gets tons of compliments and is well liked by non fragrance snobs. My only issue with it being a signature scent is that I don't think it'll do well when it starts to heat up. That's just my opinion though and you may find it not to be to cloying with the heat.
    Reviews geared for the younger crowd: www.thecolognereview.com

Currently hosting bottle splits of Bond No. 9 Bleecker St, and Creed Selection Verte ///PM details

A vote for Body Kouros here. The distinctive eucalyptus vibe in BK would keep it pretty interesting for me. Fuel for Life would be my distant second choice behind BK. La Nuit is generic and dull to me. If you want to have a signature scent, go for it. I have considered it for the sake of simplicity and keeping my mind and closet less cluttered, but haven't managed to go through with it yet. Good luck with your decision, and let us know what you choose.

Regards,
    T

My Wardrobe:
    Yves St. Laurent Live Jazz
    Comme des Garcons Vettiveru
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    Creed Green Irish Tweed
    Comme des Garcons 2 Man

Banned

body kouros

La Nuit and Body Kouros are good frags. Sample both, then buy the one you like the best. : )
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

La Nuit de L'Homme
    can be too sweet and cloying in the warm weather.

Body Kouros -- I'm not a big fan of its medicinal eucalyptus note, but it isn't that bad of a fragrance at all (especially, for its price). It's definitely a masculine gourmand with a nice semi-sweet dry down.

Diesel Fuel for Life -- Chicks love it and I'm a fan of its raspberry note. But, it's a heavy fragrance and could be cloying in the warm weather.

So, I vote for Body Kouros.

La Nuit de L'Homme

I live in Sweden btw so no season here is warm except summer.

La nuit.

And don't be afraid to have a signature scent. For some days I have one It doesn't neccessarily mean to have just one scent in your wardrobe. Rather, to have a scent which is, as a creature, as near to your personality as only possible. For me it's APOM - a very appropriate name.

Sandy really has the right view on what a signature scent is!

Body Kouros.

Banned

Wh are you asking us what YOUR signature scent should be? That is the more important question here

Quote Originally Posted by mambac View Post
    Wh are you asking us what YOUR signature scent should be? That is the more important question here
    It takes time for one to have the self-appreciation in certain things. Perhaps (I don't know) he thinks that old-timer people are much wiser than he is. No, boy, we aren't. We go after our nose, we make mistakes, we give wrong advices even to ourselves, let alone complete strangers.

So, be yourself. Dare to say one scent is great if you yourself find it great.

YSL - La Nuit De l┤homme

I'm not asking you in that sense; i ask you to chose one of these three fragrances that would be most suited for a signature fragrance, considering the strength of all three is being fairly strong, i was inviting you people to express your opinions on which one is most suited for being a signature fragrance. I like all three. I think i may have formulated myself wrong, sorry.

Ignore the whole "signature fragrance" thing - which one should i buy out of those three?

I'm in favour of signature scents, and of those:

YSL - La Nuit De L'Homme - if you could get it in the EDP so much the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    I don't subscribe to the notion of a signature scent. I believe a man should have a wardrobe of scent as he has a wardrobe of clothing. Do you wear a suit and tie everywhere? In all likelihood, no.

Have several scents to match your moods and clothing. A "signature scent" is a "concept" invented by those makeover gurus on television or in fashion magazines.

I would say, though, to put Lolita Lempicka at the top of your list...and give Balmain Ambre Gris and L'Occitane Eau des Baux a try if you like sweet.

I agree with this guy. Most people I know who try to pick a signature usually get bored with it after not too long. Why not rotate all 3?

I agree Pappy. I found 3 that I love and consider my "signature" and work the rest of my frags into the rotation.

Out of your options I'd go with La Nuit.
    La vita Ŕ breve, la morte vien.

Wanted!!! Rectoverso Tea Tobacco by Ulric de Varens. PM Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

La Nuit.

I do not think La Nuit and Body Kouros are suitable for a hot day out therefore I would pick Fuel for Life although I like the other two much better

nothing wrong with wanting a signature scent IMO. if you're still fairly youthful go with the diesel it's a small bottle anyway.

Blog Entries

I didn't read the rest of the thread, but I say, you decide for yourself on what your signature scent it. It's your signature scent, right? If you have problems deciding which one's your favorite scent and you love them all equally, then let it be.

Default What is your current signature scent?

I have been wearing Chanel Platinum Egoiste more than twice a week to work for the past week. I find this a very safe fragrance for the work office. It smells very professional and high class. At the moment, Chanel PE is my signature scent. What is your current signature scent?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Blog Entries

Default Re: What is your current signature scent?

I don't really have one.

I'd like to say Sycomore, but after wearing it for a few days I'd start to get the shits of it....
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

lol... It cant be your signature scent if you only wear it a few times a week. The point of a signature scent is that it is your one and only scent that you have chosen to define you so to speak otherwise its just a current favorite.

Really don't have one. My choice changes from day to day.

I've been wearing Midnight in Paris EDP the most this past two weeks. I just fell in love with its rubber/leather note, that is similar to Bvlgari Black, and its rich and sweet amber vibe, that is similar to Dior Homme. Very good projection for the first 6 hours and lasts 12+ hours overall on my skin. It's in my top 3 right now, along with New Haarlem and L'Instant PH Extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    + 1

Found a lot of favorites ones! Not one BUT loads I would like to call my signature scent! Ask me in a couple of years then maybe I could narrow the list down.

Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense.

Basenotes Plus

Contrary to my usual practice, I've been wearing Don Corleone by La Via del Profumo almost every day for the last 2 weeks. I find the all natural blend soothing & smooth...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    + 2

I wear a lot of different things, but if I was forced to choose one, it would be Derby.

Sur la Plage

I don't have one - nor do I want one.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I've been wearing Fou d'Absinthe more than anything else lately.
    Don't Smell the Flowers,
    They're an Evil Drug to Make You Lose Your Mind --- Dio