Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default What is your signature scent?

Maybe your favorite maybe not but the scent people associate with you?

Mine is Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills,my favorite also.

Default Re: What is your signature scent?

Hardly anyone here has anything remotely close to a signature scent. When shit hits the fan, I almost always wear Geir, so it's closer than anything else to a sig scent, but it's still very far from a sig becuase I wear it at the most once per week and I don't know of anyone who associates it with me.

Right now, honestly, none. I used to have signature scents - for a while Angel, for a while Dreamer, then Gucci PH, but since finding this site I have rotated frags so often I'm pretty sure no one could associate one scent with me anymore. I like the variety, but I also miss having that one scent that tells people I have arrived. For now, variety wins.

I have to agree with The_Giraffe and robyogi. I also cannot claim to have a signature scent, because I have so many fragrances that I love to wear and also so many that I want to wear as a test.

Blog Entries

This is a good question. I always say that my "signature" scent is CK Be, because it's my fallback scent. I wear it for every occasion or when I can't decide what to wear. However, by your description, the scent people probably associate w/ me is Kenneth Cole Reaction. I always get complimented on this and asked what it is. Bulgari Black is another one I frequently get asked about.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

If only I had just one. There are a few...

Tea for Two
    Mechant Loup
    Chrome

I also wear a different scent everyday, rotating like most folks on basenotes. However, the fragrance that I'm truly enamored with, the one that I would wear if I could choose only one, would be Bois D'Argent. I just love the buttery, honey notes and the fact that it lasts from sunup to sundown.
    If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that”--Von Goethe

top favorites: bois d'argent, havana, jaipur, amber sultan, fumerie turque, chergui, l'homme sage
    willing to swap/sell everything but my lutens. shoot me a pm

I really think that's the wrong sort of question to ask on a fragrance junkie forum...

I have, at last count, 53 bottles of fragrance. I have a hard time working my way through them faster than the urge to buy them... Maybe, once I've used them up/given them away/sold some, I'll have a final group of 3-5 favorites. Maybe I'll have 30-50 and make sure my corpse is buried with my bottles. Who knows? :P

Years ago it was Obsession, then Bulgari PH, now I don't really have one.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

In the winter my signature scent is Azzaro Visit, in the Summer I would have said Givenchy PH, but Very Irresitible summer I think will replace it. I'm still able to have a signature scent because I'm not as far gone as some here
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Lalique pour Homme Equus.

My signature scent right now is:

Creed's Private Collection FEUILLE VERTE

and

Michel Roudnitska's NOIR EPICES for Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I don't really have a signature scent but I've been thinking about having one. The frag I used to wear often was Guerlain Vetiver, but lately Terre D'Hermès is the one I turn to most frequently.

I do not have it. But before Cool Water was my singature scent since I had only 2-3 bottles. But now as I have over 40, I keep rotating them. But if I really have to choose one I'd go for Boss Bottled.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I have about 45 bottles, so i don't have one. But if i had to choose one it would be a toss-up between Aramis DEVIN or Gucci ENVY.

KO

It was Helmut Lang - Curion a few years ago. Now everything is in too heavy circulation to become singatures. My girlfriend always hugs me extra tight when I wear Eau des Merveilles, because it is more me than anything else I have according to her. I've also said numerous times that I'd like to force Daim Blond to become my signature, and I got my first bottle yesterday so I guess it is time...

Post Re: What is your signature scent?

I would have to say two; Eau des Merveilles and L'Homme de Coeur.

Years ago, I wore signature scents - Old Spice (multiple times), Obsession for Men, Habit Rouge, Pierre Cardin, Canoe (the last signature scent I wore), Pi, Halston Z-14.

But it's impossible to do so. In the past, each signature scent gave way tom another, so I just bought all the scents I like and rotate them.

I have no such fragrance people associate with me, but I wear Very Irresistible most often out of my wardrobe.

I don't have a signature scent anymore because in 2002 my collection started to go out of bounds but my past signatures have been:
    Anaïs Anaïs (1980-1985), Coco (1985-1990), Égoïste (1990-1998), Yohji (1998-2002).
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

The longest I've worn the same scent is 4 days....Gaultier2.. Closely followed by Eau Sauvage which I worn for 3 days consecutively. I gave up a long time ago trying to find a signature scent.

Mitsouko!
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

happy is the bleu heart<3

Angel ... I wore it exclusively for years before I became so fragrance-obsessed. But she is still my favorite and the one that my friends and family associate most closely with me.
    I've trademarked the color bleu

The closest thing I have to a signature is Dior Homme. I kind of forced it to become my signature after frequent wearing in the winter. However, after trying Egoiste (which I still have yet to acquire), I might have found a new potential for a signature.

My heaviest rotation scents are:
    YSL Kouros
    YSL M7
    Azzaro Visit
    Chanel Antaeus

I rotate enough so that I don't think people really associate a certain scent with me, but if they did it would probably be one of the above. I know that my girlfriend associates me most with M7.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

As the responses would have it some people cultivate a sig scent others dont...If you do not have a signature scent why are you responding to this thread?

I have about 50 different frags myself but the one I want to be remembered with,the one friends,family and my girl associate with me is Giorgio....If I leave a scarf at someones house,they say it must be ******'s because it smells like Giorgio for men.

The more bottles I get the more I know that Eau Sauvage is my scent.

Mic.

Terre D'Hermes since the day of its release I can't get enough of it really

I like and wear many, many scents, but when it's crunch time, good ol' patchouli in some form or other. I love it and would never be without it. I've experimented with so many brands, known and unknown, that I couldn't begin to say how many "variations on a theme" I've tried. All time favorites must include Mazzolari's excellent version, Etro's easily wearable patch, and a relative newcomer, Patchouli Noir Osmo from Il Profumo.

I don't think we give ourselves signature scents but that others decide it for us. I don't give anyone the chance to associate anything with me... if anything SCENT itself is my signature scent.

Smile Re: What is your signature scent?

Right now, it must be Terre d'Hermes. I just got it yesterday and I fell in love with this wonderful rapidly. I find it really soft, calm, manly, gentle and extremely attractive.

Chanel Pour Monsieur - It was my first - given to me as a young kid for Christmas. I wear it very rarely - its my holy grail. Just a sniff makes me feel like yah, no worries.

I first discovered Geir last September when a fellow basenoter by the name of Milamber highly recommended it to me. Knowing my tastes in scents, he insisted that I buy it blind. It was the greatest fragrance purchase I've ever made to this day. At the time, it was not well known on Basenotes until more and more people started mentioning it in threads. I admit I was one of the guilty ones who would rant about this scent day and night while recommending it to everyone. Up to now it is still my holy grail.

Like most of you I too like a variety -- but my scents that would be considered signature by my friends would be Kouros, Escada PH, Azzaro PH and Cool Water. Guerlain Vetiver, Envy, Allure and Dreamer are getting more playing time too. Now if I ony had Geir, BDP....

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    The longest I've worn the same scent is 4 days....Gaultier2.. Closely followed by Eau Sauvage which I worn for 3 days consecutively. I gave up a long time ago trying to find a signature scent.

I'm so with XEN ! it was back in the 80ies that I wore a scent longer than a week...that was Jacomo de Jacomo, Antheus, Armani eph and Alain Delon...Nowerdays, as I have more then 250 bottles, its my worst nightmare...
    I like Kouros, but, already said, every time I wear it, something bad happens to me...When I buy now a frag, and think, YES ! That ll be the one...pff..after two days, allready want to buy something else :-(...
    I m depressived...
    Getting niche frags, as recommended to me by some good fellows here, will not get me out of my prob, I presume...

I WANT A SHRINK !!!!!!!

Hi all

Zinnia Floris

Laurent
    Invisible Power

While I don't usually wear one scent more often than many others, I'd have to say that my 'signature' scent would be Kouros. I don't wear Kouros very often (it's part of my rotation, though), but it's the one scent that my GF both recognizes and knows by name. Why that is, I don't know.
    I think she went through the same stages of Kouros acceptance as many Basenoters:

1- Denial (Kouros can't be good!)
    2- Anger (I hate Kouros for being so popular!)
    3- Bargaining (OK, I'll buy a bottle just so people can't say that I'm being stubborn)
    4- Depression (How am I going to explain my change of heart?)
    5- Acceptance (I like Kouros, and that's ok.)

-ben

For the moment, Knize 10!

Subject to change, but I really feel comfortable in this one!
    NoNonScents!! Getting Ready to Retire....

The last month or 2, I seem to ne reaching for GIT more than any other. That's about as close to a signature scent as I'll ever have.

Before that, it was Guerlain Vetiver.

So, I guess I sort have seriel Signature scents.

Cool Re: What is your signature scent?

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    Right now, honestly, none. I used to have signature scents...but since finding this site, I have rotated frags so often, I'm pretty sure no one could associate one scent with me anymore. I like the variety, but I also miss having that one scent that tells people I have arrived. For now, variety wins.
    My sentiments EXACTLY.
    David and Becca forever!!

I would have to say Dolce and Gabanna. I get the most compliments with this. I wasnt initially crazy about this. I wanted Platinum Egoiste to be my signature scent, but I only got one compliment wearing it. Once I was told I smell like oranges.I guess its the petitgrain. I still like it very much.I wasnt initially crazy about this one either.

I did a quick search for "signature scent" and it looks like we haven't talked about this for about fifteen months. Like many of the people in this thread, I started out trying to replace my signature scent of more than twenty years [Giorgio for Men - Giorgio Beverly Hills which, coincidentally, is the same fragrance that started MY_2_Scents, the originator of this thread, on his quest. Thanks for leading the way! ].

As I get further into my journey, I have found a few fragrances that I really enjoy and think smell absolutely wonderful on me. I don't have a rotation but I find that I am reaching for these on a regular basis:

Hermes - Equipage
    Guerlain - Heritage
    Chanel - Pour Monsieur (1955)
    Chanel - Egoiste
    Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    Caron - Yatagan
    Azzaro - Azzaro pour Homme
    Estee Lauder - Lauder for Men

So, do you have or even want a signature scent? What fragrances do you reach for on a regular basis? How have your thoughts evolved since this was last discussed?
    Last edited by TwoRoads; 21st October 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: salute to thread originator
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

My fist signature scent (about 30 years ago) was Oleg Cassini. I wasn't really into fragrances throughout most of my twenties and all of my thirties. Oh, the wasted years! Then I got a little men's cologne sampler box from Caswell-Massey and discovered the joy of samples. My signature scent then became Jockey Club, which I still wear, but not not regularly. Now, I wear so many different scents that people just associate me with smelling good, but not with a particular scent. In the past year, I'd say the ones I've worn the most are: Yerbamate, Bigelow Bay Rum, Yatagan, LV Vetiver, Floris Santal, and Royal English Leather.

The very idea of a "signature scent" for me, though attractive in theory, is quite impossible to achieve.
    If I could afford it, I would ask an acclaimed "nose" to create the PERFECT scent for me, but after several months/years wear... what next?

There are scents however that I adore and will attempt never to be without. At this time, the now discontinued "love Potion No.9 for Men" by Penhaligons comes close.
    I cant say its a "signature" for me however, as I seldom wear it often enough for people to make an immediate association with me.

Post Re: What is your signature scent?

Some 15 months have passed, and if I would have a signature scent, it would still be Divine's L'Homme de Coeur. I wear LV Uomo more than anything, but somehow feel the Divine scent reflects my personality. I would have not believed that I ever say that. I feel dirty.

Were all in this for the variety I believe.I will name a few scents that are in my wardrode and when they run out I replace. The ones I can't live without.

Egoiste
    Yatagan
    Muscs Koublai Khan
    Czech & Speake #88
    New Haarlem
    Bigarade Concentree

Creed MI and Montale Black Aoud are scents that others recognize on me.
    "Why not seize the pleasure at once?"
    -- Jane Austen (Sun, and Mercury in Sagittarius)

I think everything I have altoether is my sognature because I like my scents and try to wear them all more or less frequently.
    The ones I wear most often are:
    Givenchy Xerius and Xerius Rouge
    Guerlain Vetiver
    Cristobal Balenciaga
    Lagerfeld Man
    Samvatore Ferragamo
    M7 and RG
    Gucci PH and Envy
    CDG2
    Yet, this is such an incomplete list.

Trumper's Sandalwood would be it, if i was forced to wear just one.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Off-Scenter

Ain't got none, but when I did it was Jaipur Homme EdT.

Most of CDG or ELDO scents work for me
    Read my perfume reviews at: http://perfumenoparatodos.blogspot.com/

Digital art portfolio: www.dreamlandpostcards.com

I have very few scents at a given time, mostly for financial reasons. So there is no 'big circulation'.
    The best scent however I've come across during my several years of scent-hunting is Green Irish Tweed. Luckily now I have a bottle - let's say it is.
    I try not to spoil my joy by wanting always more and more scents to have - and to dispose. Without an inner peace I couldn't enjoy what I have.

I am one of the few here with a signature scent. I wear Bois du Portugal during the week, and sometimes I play with my other scents on the weekends.I like having a scent that people recognize me for, and doesn't smell like everyother guy. I have many other fragrances 75+, but I only wear them on certian occasions.

Last edited by pluran; 21st October 2007 at 10:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie View Post
    This is a good question. I always say that my "signature" scent is CK Be, because it's my fallback scent. I wear it for every occasion or when I can't decide what to wear. However, by your description, the scent people probably associate w/ me is Kenneth Cole Reaction. I always get complimented on this and asked what it is. Bulgari Black is another one I frequently get asked about.
    I'll edit my opinion from well over a year ago . I still wear CK be & KC Reaction quite a bit...but neither qualify as a "signature scent" anymore. Black, on the other hand, is still pretty close to a signature scent for me.

However...there is one scent, that my friends know by name, that I've even gotten quite a few of my friends to start wearing because of it's universal (and unisex) appeal...& that's Clinique Happy for men.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Wish I could have one of those...LOL....I get tired of things very fast.

Fragrance On,

Otto

After thinking this over a bit, my answer (today) is Chanel no 19. I wore it comfortably at 17 and nearly three decades later and three children later, it simply melds with my skin and I feel very happy in it most any time. We have history.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

I remember reading through this thread when it was first posted, and I could have sworn I posted in it already too, but I guess not.

My current go-to when other else appeals is 212 Men. I think of it as a signature, but as no one in my life seems to notice I'm wearing fragrance, it's hard to imagine other people pegging it as my "signature".

Now that it's coming on wintertime, though... that bottle of M7 is calling, but maybe this is too much for every day.

My "go to" fragrances with which I have some "history" now:

Chevalier d'Orsay
    Viloressi Uomo

Carthusia Uomo