Code of Conduct
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I've identified myself with Égoïste since the mid-90s.
    It's so deeply grown into my personality, that it's hard
    for me to call any other fragrance my 'signature scent'.
    But, recently, very recently, it has gotten some severe
    competition from Sycomore.

Default Re: What is your current signature scent?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    lol... It cant be your signature scent if you only wear it a few times a week. The point of a signature scent is that it is your one and only scent that you have chosen to define you so to speak otherwise its just a current favorite.
    If you define it this way....I have none.

However, if you define it (as I do) as one that gets worn 3 or 4 to 1 over all your other scents for my it is Montale Red Vetyver. Just love it and unlike my #1 and #2 I can't really find a situation that I don't at least like it, if not love it.

Also, my only scent I can wear 3 days in a row without growing tired of it.
    TOP 5
    1. Montale Wild Aoud
    2. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    3. Montale Red Vetyver
    4. Montale Aoud Lime
    5. Le Labo Vetiver 46

Creativity is more than just being different. Anybody can plan weird; that's easy. What's hard is to be as simple as Bach. Making the simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
    Charles Mingus

I think one should use the word signature scents and not the singular version of it. I mean, we use multiple scents to express ourself, and my scents are also dependent on whether its winter or summer. When its summer, i tend use a lighter and more fresh scents and the opposite when its winter.

Im waiting for my L'instant edp, and im quite certain that for the next month it will be my most used perfume. And summer im most likely gonna use a Annick Goutal perfume, either eud de sud, hadrien or mandragore.

I've come to accept that I have too many fragrances to have a signature scent now, although I can understand the appeal of having one. Before I started collecting, mine was Gucci by Gucci Pour Homme. I liked that people smelt that and thought of me. That people smelt that and thought of it as "my smell". I wish I could have a signature scent again sometimes, but it's never gonna happen again now!

The closest thing for me currently is Creed Aventus, which I wear once a week, the most frequently of anything I own. I rotate very heavily with no rhyme or reason. I have worn Aventus for several Fridays in a row now.

All-time is Green Irish Tweed. No doubt I've worn it more often than any other scent in my life.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: What is your current signature scent?

My signature scent is Mitsouko by Guerlain. The most modern and current second choice is Aomassai by Parfumerie Generale.

Having around 70 bottles is really difficult to stick with one. Not even for two days in a row. It is really hard to do.

Maison Kurkdjian's APOM Homme. I bought it in Paris 5 weeks ago, and since that day I haven't worn anything else.

Bijan Men.

None to be honest since I have about 850 masculine fragrances to enjoy. I can't recall when was the last time I wore the same scent for 2 days in a roll. And I doubt if I'd ever have a signature fragrance. I feel that most Basenoters are in the same situation.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

im a gemini... there, i said it.

He wood rocky mountain wood. Perfect for all occasions and fits my personality to a T.

3 that I wear more then the rest.

Byredo Fantastic Man
    Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum

Favorite frag? Le Male

Fragrance that ive been wearing the most lately? Prada Amber Pour Homme

amouage - silver for the past 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    I have been wearing Chanel Platinum Egoiste more than twice a week to work for the past week. I find this a very safe fragrance for the work office. It smells very professional and high class. At the moment, Chanel PE is my signature scent. What is your current signature scent?
    Me too! I do think this is a great office scent, just enough "Don't f*uck with me" to satisfy. I am even reaching for it more than Creed MI for those moments I need to make a good impression.

I think I wear GIT more than any of my others, but I have quite a few that I enjoy just as much depending on the occasion...

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    My choice changes from day to day.
    +1

However, my social circle would most likely associate Dior Homme and Terre D'Hermes with me.

I own and enjoy quite a few, but the only two I'd call "signature" for me are Aramis and Silver Mountain Water. I wore Aramis for so many years, that I've taken a break from it recently. But it's always there, and always will be.

i've been using egoiste a lot recently =] but the weather just did a rapid 180 and now i might need to switch into summer fragrances

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    lol... It cant be your signature scent if you only wear it a few times a week.
    My sentiments exactly.
    - Expect the unexpected

I don't have one as I usually wear something different every day. Overall though, I've been wearing Creed Aventus about 2x a week lately and having fun with it.

Martin

Niche.....Something from my Bond No.9 collection and Colonia Assoluta by Acqua di Parma!!!
    Mainstream.....Armani Code Pour Homme, Gio Pour Homme and Purple Label by RL
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyLeMale View Post
    Prada Amber Pour Homme
    I need to get enough for a full wearing on this one of these days! I can't believe I've only tested it on a scent strip.

I can and usually do wear Eau Sauvage every day without getting tired of it, so I suppose this. I don't quite see it as a signature scent, though, since not a deliberate choice so much as a convenient availment. But others would, if they noticed at all, probably associate it with me.

Quorum

Red for men Giorgio- please no kicking

No current signature scent - rather, if I may say so, a sort of a "signature rotation", consisting of a minimum of 6-7 different scents (while the upper limit might be a few dozens or even hundreds, in an extremely daring scenario), between which I alternate, without much allowing exceptions from this generally established pattern

Blog Entries

^Interesting thought Ken - Signature Rotation. While reading through this thread, I was thinking about how I would respond, and then I saw your response and really identified with that.

In the past two years I've accumulated a handful of bottles and dozens of decants, so like most I rotate a lot and rarely wear something more than 1-2 days in a row.

I have found recently that I have narrowed down to wearing around 5 of them a lot more often than all the others. Those are Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche, Bvlgari Aqva, Bleu de Chanel, Creed Erolfa, and Creed Silver Mountain Water (with 2-3 others just on the outside of that top 5).

If I absolutely had to pick one of them to be my signature at this moment, the one that defines me, it would be Edition Blanche.

I'm another with no signature scent

I don't really have one - why do you ask?

I think the signature perfume is the perfume that you look at it with total respect, handle it's bottle with deep love and caring and apply it with joy, for me that perfume is Memoire d'Homme by Nina Ricci and has been since the very first time it was released.
    Currently listening to: Counting Crows - Mr. Jones, The Last Waltz - Old Boy, The Prodigy - Firestarter, Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood, R.E.M - Losing My Religion, "He's On the Beach" - Kirsty MacColl, In-Grid - Tu Es Foutu

Spring is here, Geranium Pour Monsieur is my signature scent, followed by Stephen Jones for Comme De Garcon , Blinding aldehydes, Violets, ink Printer, chili peppers...more for evening.

I'm polygamous in terms of colognes but if I had to choose one of my fragrances as a signature scent right now I'd probably go with Bvlgari Pour Homme Extrême.

To be of note, D&G Pour Homme has been my signature scent for quite a long time.
    "He who ruled scent ruled the hearts of men." — Patrick Süskind (Perfume: The Story of a Murderer)

Mine change so frequently. For that reason, I'd agree with Ken_Russell's idea above: "The signature rotation." Today, I'd say its Cartier Roadster, and that I hope to use this the most often in the near future. But in the past few months its been SMW, Ferragamo F Black, VIW, Gucci Pour Homme II, Agua de Loewe, LLaM Eau Fraiche, Bleecker Street...yea, you get the idea. I have signature scent phases...and those phases seem to move rather quickly although I wish they didn't...
    I smell better than you.

My husband wore Green Irish Tweed, but he really likes Geraniums Pour Monsieur now. It suits him, since the toothpaste smell disappears quickly on him. It goes from lemon to Jagermeister to cedar. I still prefer GIT, and he has a bottle of that. No GPM yet.

Millesime Imperial
    Black Aoud
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I don't have one but out of my collection, currently I have been wearing Pure Havane alot lately & then once the warmer weather hits it will be Paul Smith Story

1st post.
    Since my childhood Carlo Corinto has always been in my drawer. I once in a time use it. Not to often but it is always there.

Though I rarely know what I am going to wear everyday until the last second, I am wearing D & G The One quite often these days.

I've been wearing Pure Havane a ton lately. Also reach for Kenzo Homme Woody a good bit.
    Support your local Leonberger rescue.

I am currently travelling around the word, and only took small decants of M7, Rive Gauche and L'Homme along with some samples, and absolutely fell in love with anteus. Bought a full bottle here in Shanghai, which is not easy to find btw. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by mdtroyer View Post
    I am currently travelling around the word, and only took small decants of M7, Rive Gauche and L'Homme along with some samples, and absolutely fell in love with anteus. Bought a full bottle here in Shanghai, which is not easy to find btw. Cheers
    Nice, you got it covered now ... that's what I love about YSL

joop homme. just 2 sprays and people still notice the smell 10 hrs later.

Vetiver Tonka has been the scent that my friends (and lovers) would associate to me for the last few years... I generally use my "signature" scent in occasions where I want the other person to notice it and remember it, rather than wearing it everyday. Still, I kind of keep the same notes in my everyday scent: I love vetiver, and often wear vetiver oriented colognes.
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

Trying to avoid using one fragrance only.
    But I'm a big fan of Chanel. So I can say my signature house is Chanel.
    With only two exceptions I love all male / unisex fragrances they released.
    And they cover all my needs.

I'm in the process of making a small collection of my signature "type" of scents. I like spicy, boozy/rum, tobacco aromas. Right now I smell like Aramis Havana and Tommy Bahama most days.

But I'm also trying to put together (by sampling first of course) a classic "old school" collection that works for me. Will be trying out Azzaro PH, Aramis, Giorgio Beverly Hills, and the like.
    "You do not merely want to be considered just the best of the best. You want to be considered the only ones who do what you do." J.G.

The irony is... I joined Basenotes to try and find a better signature scent for me. I now rotate between about 6 or 7 a week, and the rotation group changes with the seasons.

The upside is that, these days, I smell good!

Default What is your Signnature Scent??

He guys, we all have one go to scent that we grab when we don't quite know what to wear, or when we're in a rush and don't have time to look through our wardrobe and find the perfect scent for that particular day(Weather, Temp etc.)
    Currently I would have to go with Dsquared2 He Wood. What's yours??

Default Re: What is your Signnature Scent??

At the moment: YSL M7.

All time: Burberry Brit.

Default Re: What is your Signnature Scent??

egoiste orrr midnight in paris..

Default Re: What is your signature scent?

Changes daily

Haha moved to just starting out after 6 years.

Dont have one....
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Quote Originally Posted by mdtroyer View Post
    Shanghai shouldn't be to hard to find

Seriously though, I am too new to the hobby to have one, as I have barely gotten to know all the new bottles and samples I have amassed in the past few months. I must say, I have been wearing M7 from a sample the last 2 days, and I love it. When I get a bottle, this will be in the running for a sig scent, but I doubt I'll ever have one, as there are just too many beautiful masculine scents around to stick with one, even a majority of the time. I can't even oick one vetiver or one gourmande.

for swap/sale:

I have never had a signature scent, even when I only used 3 bottles in rotation - I didn't have one.

Now that I'm closing in on 150 frags, I still don't have one.

A lot of basenoters have 500-1000+ bottles of juice, so don't expect many die hard BN'ers to reply here

But my all time favourite frags are - YSL Body Kouros, YSL Kouros, YSL Rive Gauche, YSL Opium, Azzaro Pour Homme, Azzaro Acteur, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Allure Homme, Dior Fahrenheit, Dior Homme Sport, Bvlgari Black, Boss Bottled, D&G Pour Homme, Aramis Havana, Oscar De la Renta Pour Lui Dark Green, Davidoff Original, Zino Davidoff & Davidoff Cool Water.

A couple of niche frags are growing on me fast, but haven't tested them long enough to call them my all time favs yet.....I only started this frag collecting in August last year......after a 20 year break from collecting frags
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking
    GR8 Hitz: Kouros, Egoiste & Fahrenheit

I'm working on making it myself, and am (I think!) nearing completion. Will it be the only scent I wear? Of course not. But I do plan on wearing it often!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more