Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Just Starting Out Sponsor

Default What is your signature scent?

Maybe your favorite maybe not but the scent people associate with you?

Mine is Giorgio for Men by Giorgio Beverly Hills,my favorite also.

Default Re: What is your signature scent?

Hardly anyone here has anything remotely close to a signature scent. When shit hits the fan, I almost always wear Geir, so it's closer than anything else to a sig scent, but it's still very far from a sig becuase I wear it at the most once per week and I don't know of anyone who associates it with me.

Right now, honestly, none. I used to have signature scents - for a while Angel, for a while Dreamer, then Gucci PH, but since finding this site I have rotated frags so often I'm pretty sure no one could associate one scent with me anymore. I like the variety, but I also miss having that one scent that tells people I have arrived. For now, variety wins.

I have to agree with The_Giraffe and robyogi. I also cannot claim to have a signature scent, because I have so many fragrances that I love to wear and also so many that I want to wear as a test.

Blog Entries

This is a good question. I always say that my "signature" scent is CK Be, because it's my fallback scent. I wear it for every occasion or when I can't decide what to wear. However, by your description, the scent people probably associate w/ me is Kenneth Cole Reaction. I always get complimented on this and asked what it is. Bulgari Black is another one I frequently get asked about.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

If only I had just one. There are a few...

Tea for Two
    Mechant Loup
    Chrome

I also wear a different scent everyday, rotating like most folks on basenotes. However, the fragrance that I'm truly enamored with, the one that I would wear if I could choose only one, would be Bois D'Argent. I just love the buttery, honey notes and the fact that it lasts from sunup to sundown.
    If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that”--Von Goethe

top favorites: bois d'argent, havana, jaipur, amber sultan, fumerie turque, chergui, l'homme sage
    willing to swap/sell everything but my lutens. shoot me a pm

I really think that's the wrong sort of question to ask on a fragrance junkie forum...

I have, at last count, 53 bottles of fragrance. I have a hard time working my way through them faster than the urge to buy them... Maybe, once I've used them up/given them away/sold some, I'll have a final group of 3-5 favorites. Maybe I'll have 30-50 and make sure my corpse is buried with my bottles. Who knows? :P

Years ago it was Obsession, then Bulgari PH, now I don't really have one.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

In the winter my signature scent is Azzaro Visit, in the Summer I would have said Givenchy PH, but Very Irresitible summer I think will replace it. I'm still able to have a signature scent because I'm not as far gone as some here
    Can anyone remember love? It's like trying to summon up the smell of roses in a cellar. You might see a rose, but never the perfume.
    -Arthur Miller

Lalique pour Homme Equus.

My signature scent right now is:

Creed's Private Collection FEUILLE VERTE

and

Michel Roudnitska's NOIR EPICES for Editions de Parfum Frederic Malle.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

I don't really have a signature scent but I've been thinking about having one. The frag I used to wear often was Guerlain Vetiver, but lately Terre D'Hermès is the one I turn to most frequently.

I do not have it. But before Cool Water was my singature scent since I had only 2-3 bottles. But now as I have over 40, I keep rotating them. But if I really have to choose one I'd go for Boss Bottled.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

I have about 45 bottles, so i don't have one. But if i had to choose one it would be a toss-up between Aramis DEVIN or Gucci ENVY.

KO

It was Helmut Lang - Curion a few years ago. Now everything is in too heavy circulation to become singatures. My girlfriend always hugs me extra tight when I wear Eau des Merveilles, because it is more me than anything else I have according to her. I've also said numerous times that I'd like to force Daim Blond to become my signature, and I got my first bottle yesterday so I guess it is time...

Post Re: What is your signature scent?

I would have to say two; Eau des Merveilles and L'Homme de Coeur.

Years ago, I wore signature scents - Old Spice (multiple times), Obsession for Men, Habit Rouge, Pierre Cardin, Canoe (the last signature scent I wore), Pi, Halston Z-14.

But it's impossible to do so. In the past, each signature scent gave way tom another, so I just bought all the scents I like and rotate them.

I have no such fragrance people associate with me, but I wear Very Irresistible most often out of my wardrobe.

Blog Entries

I don't have a signature scent anymore because in 2002 my collection started to go out of bounds but my past signatures have been:
    Anaïs Anaïs (1980-1985), Coco (1985-1990), Égoïste (1990-1998), Yohji (1998-2002).
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

The longest I've worn the same scent is 4 days....Gaultier2.. Closely followed by Eau Sauvage which I worn for 3 days consecutively. I gave up a long time ago trying to find a signature scent.

Mitsouko!
    'I am not difficult, I am definite!' - Hedy Lamarr

heart of ice

Angel ... I wore it exclusively for years before I became so fragrance-obsessed. But she is still my favorite and the one that my friends and family associate most closely with me.
    I've trademarked the color bleu
    Currently wearing: No. 5 by Chanel

The closest thing I have to a signature is Dior Homme. I kind of forced it to become my signature after frequent wearing in the winter. However, after trying Egoiste (which I still have yet to acquire), I might have found a new potential for a signature.

My heaviest rotation scents are:
    YSL Kouros
    YSL M7
    Azzaro Visit
    Chanel Antaeus

I rotate enough so that I don't think people really associate a certain scent with me, but if they did it would probably be one of the above. I know that my girlfriend associates me most with M7.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

As the responses would have it some people cultivate a sig scent others dont...If you do not have a signature scent why are you responding to this thread?

I have about 50 different frags myself but the one I want to be remembered with,the one friends,family and my girl associate with me is Giorgio....If I leave a scarf at someones house,they say it must be ******'s because it smells like Giorgio for men.

The more bottles I get the more I know that Eau Sauvage is my scent.

Mic.

Terre D'Hermes since the day of its release I can't get enough of it really
    Currently wearing: Tokyo by Kenzo

I like and wear many, many scents, but when it's crunch time, good ol' patchouli in some form or other. I love it and would never be without it. I've experimented with so many brands, known and unknown, that I couldn't begin to say how many "variations on a theme" I've tried. All time favorites must include Mazzolari's excellent version, Etro's easily wearable patch, and a relative newcomer, Patchouli Noir Osmo from Il Profumo.

I don't think we give ourselves signature scents but that others decide it for us. I don't give anyone the chance to associate anything with me... if anything SCENT itself is my signature scent.