Code of Conduct

Default First L'Artisan Experience

I just got six samples in the mail today, and just wow. First I tried Fou d'Absinthe. It was amazing. Then came Tea For Two. Easily my favorite scent. I definitely need to buy this for fall and winter. Then came Navegar. Wouldalso be amazing for fall and winter. Mure et Musc wuld kick ass in spring and summer. Dzing! was also amazing and great for fall and winter. Then L'eau De L'Artisan is an incredible summer smell. I can't even pick out what it smells like, but it's damn good. Emailed L'artisan back asking for other popular ones such as Merchant Loup and Voleur de Roses. Cannot wait until I buy some of this stuff.

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: First L'Artisan Experience

Sorry to hear about your disappointment.

Just kidding! Your post brings me back to when I first sampled this line, having only had experience with department store fragrances previously. It certainly does blow the mind and expand the horizons! Thanks for sharing!

Colin

I think my first experience with L'Artisan was Mechant Loup. That was also my first experience with an artsy fragrance. What was interesting to me was the vivid imagery and even the story that it brought to mind at that time. It brought a whole new way of thinking about fragrances into my life, and even though my tastes have developed away from L'Artisan (not to say they won't develop back to them at some point), I have a warm spot for L'A and Mechant Loup in particular because of that early experience. Welcome to the world of fragrance as art!

YAY!!!!

Another has joined the club. L'Artisan makes some of the most amazing smells I know of. I just bought my 3rd (patchouli patch).

I am glad you like Tea for Two. It is my favorite of ALL times. Nothing beats it. The only contender is Mechant Loup. I just bought a big bottle of it to go along with my little bottle.

Voleur de Roses is easily the best rose scent I've tried. It is crisp and earthy smelling. Green and watery too. MmmM. It is amazing. The whole House is just beautiful. Make sure you add some input in the 'House Referendum' Thread for L'Artisan.

Glad to see another fan of my favorite house.

[QUOTE=EnvYuS]YAY!!!!

Another has joined the club. L'Artisan makes some of the most amazing smells I know of. I just bought my 3rd (patchouli patch).

Envyus, isn't patchouli patch just amazing! at first I often wonder what in the world I'm thinking when I put it on. Hours later I smell it and think, "wow, what is this amazing, creamy scent?" it was actually my first foray into L'Artisan and definitely not my last.
    If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I help you become that”--Von Goethe

top favorites: bois d'argent, havana, jaipur, amber sultan, fumerie turque, chergui, l'homme sage
    willing to swap/sell everything but my lutens. shoot me a pm