Code of Conduct

Default What scent for the new James Bond?

What fragrance would the new James Bond wear? It can be a new one, or it can be an old one. Any ideas?

Default Re: What scent for the new James Bond?

It has to be something from london I am afraid, so I have to vote ---

Czech and Speake no. 88

The somewhat brutish and muscular Daniel Craig should definitely wear a heavy oriental with his tux, perhaps Opium PH or better yet it´s british equivalent Lp No 9 from Penhaligon´s.

MMM

Those are good suggestions!

I thought that Ian Fleming, the author of the James Bond series, had James Bond wearing Eucris by Geo. F. Trumper in at least one of the books.

But if we were going to choose a new fragrance for James Bond, then I think No. 88 by Czech & Speake would be quite appropriate.

I'd like to "wear" Eva Green....

Oops. I went off topic. Sorry about that.

Ha!

There was a James Bond thread quite recently. I wrote there:

"As far as Ian Fleming's novels are concerned Bond's own choice of scent is never mentioned, so we are just playing games here - there is no right answer! Still it is fun to imagine what might be...

Henry Chancellor's recent book, James Bond: the Man and his World, states that Fleming used Trumper's hair oil. Based on that fact and the Fleming/Bond love of the Caribbean, I think Trumper's West Indian Limes is the best suggestion of all. Or perhaps Floris Limes since Floris made a gift of their Limes Bath Essence to Fleming after it was mentioned in Doctor No.

Fleming does mention a number of the scents worn by Bond's girlfriends including Guerlain's Ode, Caron's Muguet, Balmain's Vent Vert, and Chanel No. 5. Perhaps one of the girls gave Bond a present from the same classic stable that she preferred herself: Guerlain Vetiver (he would have liked the tobacco note), Caron pour Homme, Monsieur Balmain or Chanel pour Monsieur.

An updated, twenty-first century Bond with the same background and taste as the original Fleming/Bond might very well wear Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarin. Or what about Nicolai's Carre d'As (connection with cards and gambling)?"

The books really don't mention Bond's preferred scent you know! What would I like to smell on Daniel Craig? Maybe Arpege pour Homme or Lolita...

I'm not sure but what about Balenciaga pour homme or Ho Hang, loewe's Solo, chanel's egoiste platinum, ricci's signoricci?

Good replies everybody!

I don't think he'd wear anything. As a spy he would be easily recognized if wearing a scent. But i believe that Craig would wear Egoiste platinum.

C & S No.88 borders on atrocious. Sorry people. :-)

Where I did I hear that Floris No.89 was Bond's scent? I must have been misinformed!

Gotta take a second to laugh at MonkeyMan's "somewhat brutish" comment! Bravo.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

Quote Originally Posted by steelyglint
    There was a James Bond thread quite recently. I wrote there:

"As far as Ian Fleming's novels are concerned Bond's own choice of scent is never mentioned, so we are just playing games here - there is no right answer! Still it is fun to imagine what might be...

Henry Chancellor's recent book, James Bond: the Man and his World, states that Fleming used Trumper's hair oil. Based on that fact and the Fleming/Bond love of the Caribbean, I think Trumper's West Indian Limes is the best suggestion of all. Or perhaps Floris Limes since Floris made a gift of their Limes Bath Essence to Fleming after it was mentioned in Doctor No.

Fleming does mention a number of the scents worn by Bond's girlfriends including Guerlain's Ode, Caron's Muguet, Balmain's Vent Vert, and Chanel No. 5. Perhaps one of the girls gave Bond a present from the same classic stable that she preferred herself: Guerlain Vetiver (he would have liked the tobacco note), Caron pour Homme, Monsieur Balmain or Chanel pour Monsieur.

An updated, twenty-first century Bond with the same background and taste as the original Fleming/Bond might very well wear Jo Malone Lime, Basil & Mandarin. Or what about Nicolai's Carre d'As (connection with cards and gambling)?"

The books really don't mention Bond's preferred scent you know! What would I like to smell on Daniel Craig? Maybe Arpege pour Homme or Lolita...

... and what do think about Floris' "Elite" and / or Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet ?

Or do think that this figure get the same "marketing mass production shit"?

My 10 seasonal favorites

George F. Trumper Wellington Cologne
    Riva L'Altra Follia di Aquarama "Light"
    4711 Acqua Colonia Vetyver & Bergamot
    Cartier Déclaration d'un soir
    Atkinsons The British Bouquet
    Etro Gomma
    Rancé 1795 - Collection Privée Eau de France
    Penhaligon's Endymion
    Pal Zileri - Collezione Privata Viaggio d'Africa
    Floris Elite

I'll go modern for the hell of it. Something stripped down but elegant.

Dunhill '03 (though I think he wore '34 in the books)
    Royall Mandarin or Happy for Men (I don't know why; it just seems to fit)
    LV Uomo
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

First off, that hunk can, IMHO, wear anything he damn well pleases.
    That said, I would suggest Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo for something Continental, and Floris' Santal for something a tad more homegrown.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

I must have read the same info as ifconfig. It was Bond wearing Floris No.89, but that does not mean what I read was correct.

I would envision him with a scent that has tobacco notes, perhaps Guerlain Vetiver or maybe somthing heavier like Fumerie Turque (might be too much).

Eau Sauvage

I could definitely smell him wearing Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree, but that's only cause I wear it, and I feel very bondish when I do On the other hand, he is a secret agent, so maybe he doesn't wear cologne, cause I can faintly remember him leaving a nice dinner party to do detective work on the host. I don't think it'd be very good if the guards smelled him coming from a mile a way, and then shot him. Perhaps something close to the skin you say? That'd be a bullseye for tracking dogs, they wouldn't need to smell the ground if he's wearing a cologne. Still, my best bet goes with the loud and proud Chanel.

Thumbs up Re: What scent for the new James Bond?

I like the new Bond. He'd wear Knize Ten

I remember seeing a cologne bottle sometime during the movie that resembled Aqua di Parma to me. Did anyone else see that?

Yes, but it was in Vesper's effects so I'm guessing it was Vesper's. There was a thread about this a few days back.
    De gustibus non est disputandum

I seem to recall from the books that Bond seemed to like things British that were classic, but a little different and not right off the shelf, and perhaps a little older. I don't know exactly what scent that would describe, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ifconfig
    Yes, but it was in Vesper's effects so I'm guessing it was Vesper's. There was a thread about this a few days back.

Oh, yes, I forgot about that; I stand corrected. I missed the previous thread about this.

He'd wear my hugh parson's traditional

good point about being recognized, though...He'd have to reserve it for non-spy work.
    Lately I've been wearing:
    Windsor, Bois de Santal, Original Santal, Elixir, Douro, Endymion, Reflection, Arcus, Marwah

I think that the Acqua di Parma-looking bottle that someone mentioned earlier wasn't the bottle in Vesper's effects, but in the room that Bond was putting on his tuxedo.

from jamesbondlifestyle dot com

Floris No.89 Eau de Toilette

Made famous as the fragrance worn by James Bond in the books and a personal favourite of Ian Fleming himself. No.89 takes its name from the number of the Floris shop on Jermyn Street. A fresh, citrus top note blended with shades of Sandalwood, Rose, Orris and Oakmoss create this traditional English gentleman's fragrance. Although Floris used to make a complete range of No.89 fragranced toiletries for men, the Eau de Toilette is the only item they still make. Buy it now before it is discontinued forever!

Yeah, I read somewhere that a Floris representative mentioned that Ian Fleming went to Floris and commisioned a scent like something that James Bond would wear, and the result was No. 89.

I can't imagine Bond wearing an oriental or anything that's not clean.

He'd, like I said, wear something clean, something fresh, bright, neat, and even a little pretty to match his snazzy outfits. The first fragrance that comes to mind is Creed's GIT.

However, in Die Another Day, when he's all messy and dirty from being imprisoned by the North Koreans, I can see him wearing something dirty and not pretty at all - CB Musk, perhaps?

I'd always thought of him as an Antaeus type of chap.

I believe Bond would stand out more in high society wearing no fragrance at all, than he would wearing for example Green Irish Tweed. But for some reason, I think Habit Rouge would be more suitable. Maybe because Sean Connery is known to choose it?

Quote Originally Posted by yepyep View Post
    I think that the Acqua di Parma-looking bottle that someone mentioned earlier wasn't the bottle in Vesper's effects, but in the room that Bond was putting on his tuxedo.
    I may be really out here, but isn't that a reflection of the bathroom tap?!

:S

Geo F. Trumper Sandalwood

Quote Originally Posted by brazuca View Post
    I don't think he'd wear anything. As a spy he would be easily recognized if wearing a scent.
    Spot on!
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

I think one of the Creed's would be "apropos".

I could imagine the newer version of James Bond either "sticking to the classic": Floris No. 89, Knize Ten, several Creeds

Or, he could experiment with "recent niche" along the lines of Clive Christian, By Kilian, Nasomatto, CDG etc. or again Creed- their newer releases

Portrait of a Lady by Malle