Code of Conduct

Unhappy Convention update?

Anybody know where I can get the latest update on the Basenotes convention (to be). I pm'd one of the administrators a few days ago but haven't gotten a reply yet.
    Thanks

Default Re: Convention update?

basenotes convention??? i'm down. someone get us those details, pretty please...

Smile Re: Convention update?

I think there was a poll done several months ago regarding this matter. Last I checked L.A. was ahead of New York. Love to get more information!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

St. Louis is much better. Its the perfect place! We're right in the middle!

I meant THEY are right in the middle! ::cough cough::

I second St. Louis! Couldn't be more central (at least for Americans that is). Screw L.A. and NY, WAY too predictable. To the midwest!

I vote for STL as well. Too bad it's not in the next 2 weeks because thats where I will be

Alright. I guess I forgot to ask the operative question. WHO can give me the latest information on this topic. Please, no more pitches for locations. That wasn't my question.

Thanks peeps

Here's the link I was referring to:
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...tes+Convention
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Thank you Aub.

Apparently the link has been moved and is no longer activated, so I guess I'll have to look further when I'm in the mood. I think I'll take this to the chat room.

I'd love to have it in St. Louis. I throw a good party, I'm told...

(sorry for pitching location.)

not sure why this can't also be a "pitch" thread, but just to be naughty, i'll give my two cents: i'm for st. louis, too.

Unfortunately, Grant PMed me (one of the potential organizers) and told me that it had to be put on hold for now due to site issues.

He said not to lose hope for the future, though.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I think what happened is that, although a great idea, the logistics are currently insurmountable. There were questions about sponsorship, weather, and commitment in additon to the obvious one of location. Regional meetings were suggested and there was at least one proposed dinner I believe in the Washington, DC area.

I've belonged to some national organizations that plan their yearly conventions to cover the entire continent over time, ie. This year, east coast; next year, central states; year after that; west coast, etc. This also forces you to start planning ahead to secure venues. The biggest obstacle, however, is usually always money. Space for large gatherings is always expensive. If a lot of people are comming from out of town to attend, booking both meeting space and rooms at a hotel could be advantageous.

I hope it comes to fruition!