Code of Conduct

Default Jicky- Eau De Parfum vs. Parfum De Toilette

Hey,

I was interested in buying the Gold Bee Bottle in Jicky, however. It only comes in Eau de Parfum. I used to own the Parfum De Toilette, which I did not like as much as the Eau de Toillette and the Pure Parfum. It was too fecal and to sweet not as much lavender as in the edt or extrait. Does anyone know if the Eau de Parfum smells the old Parfum de Toilette? If not could u discribe the scent.

Thanks,
    Aaron

Default Re: Jicky- Eau De Parfum vs. Parfum De Toilette

All Guerlain PdTs have been discontinued and replaced with EdPs, so if you didn't like PdT, you probably won't like EdP, either.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I just had to bump this ancient thread! I'm interested in how the EDP differs from the PDT. I love the current EDP and LOVE the parfum even more. I'm interested in purchasing a bee-bottle of the parfum, so I would like to hear your thoughts folks!

Guerlain have started using the term Parfum de Toilette again for Jicky.

Quote Originally Posted by sean-dt View Post
    Guerlain have started using the term Parfum de Toilette again for Jicky.
    Are you sure? This is interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggles View Post
    Are you sure? This is interesting.
    That's what they're calling it now on the Guerlain website, but only for Jicky AFAIK. I wonder if there was a reformulation (shudder)

Blog Entries

I have seen recently where Chamade is now available in PDT as well.

Not a reformulation, just a little name change
    Whatever the concentration, Jicky is a bit "cleaner" today than in the good old days. If you go back to the 70s or early 80s (before the PdT version existed), the lavender in it was also more fierce and angular and more intoxicating, an effect I love. On the other hand, today's version feels deeper, but also rounder. Whatever the concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by sean-dt View Post
    That's what they're calling it now on the Guerlain website, but only for Jicky AFAIK. I wonder if there was a reformulation (shudder)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. G View Post
    Not a reformulation, just a little name change
    Whatever the concentration, Jicky is a bit "cleaner" today than in the good old days. If you go back to the 70s or early 80s (before the PdT version existed), the lavender in it was also more fierce and angular and more intoxicating, an effect I love. On the other hand, today's version feels deeper, but also rounder. Whatever the concentration.
    Thanks Mr. G. That's a relief! I have an almost irrational attachment to Jicky

I adore Jicky! The only versions I own are the PdT and parfum. I love lavender but Jicky never delivered it for me, just a quick whiff and then the civet and woods came out to play.

I believe the PdT versions stayed in the UK/European market longer after is was appearing as edp in the US. I know I never seen edp and we are talking 00s, everytime I ordered a bottle it was the PdT and the refill for the flat lattice(sp) gold case.
    DONNA

Basenotes Institution

I like the fact Guerlain are using the term ' PdT' again . I love the EDP and the extrait myself - I don't particularly like the EDT .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.