Code of Conduct

Wink which rive gauche is better?

Just wondering which one would be more appropriate for a first time buy, the intense version or just the regular edt? Or is there any difference? I have faith in your comments, Thanks----Joe

Thrax

Default Re: which rive gauche is better?

Well, I own the regular Rive Gauche and I have to say, even though the intense version has more patchoulli, the regular one is the way to go! If you would like my bottle, please PM me and we will work something out!

In my opinion, the regular EDT is better, and I recommend it.

IMHO there is not that much of a difference between the regular RG and RG intense. I have tried them on side by side and had trouble telling them apart. RG intense has as mentioned before, a stronger pachouli note and may be slightly longer lasting. On the other hand the regular RG is somewhat fresher than the intense version. I like both versions a lot but I do not think they are different enough to own them both. You could probably get a better price on the regular version though, since it is more common.

regular is excellent, lasts a damn long time.. extreme must be nuts..never tried it.
    "...fragrance is a silent language that does not use words. One can express with fragrance things that cannot be expressed in any other way." - Jacques Polge

I agree with previous posters,regular Rive Gauche is better choice IMO,patchouli note is better balanced and the smell is fresh and woodsy- beautiful from top to drydown and very masculine

I have the "intense" and receive lots more compliments than when i had the edt. Although be carefull! only 2 squirts on the chest for nuclear sillage!

Man Mark, it seemed like an easy decision untill you said intense was better. Well, I just ordered the original, time to see if the magic really works!

There is a "Light" edition too,isn't it ?
    It's never too late to mend.

WARDROBE:http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/1256

I find too original Rive Gauche much better balanced than intense version. But they're both a quality fragrances, if you are able, try them both & make up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by discovolante
    There is a "Light" edition too,isn't it ?
    Yup, there's an 'eau legère' too.

I just went and checked and I have the EDT version. Don't know how it could get any better than that!

Dan
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."

Daily Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    I just went and checked and I have the EDT version. Don't know how it could get any better than that!

Dan
    I agree, I don't think there's any need for a lighter (Eau légère) or heavier (Eau Intense) formulation as the original is powerful enough without being overpowering.