Code of Conduct

Default Help! My fave fragrances induce headaches

Hi,

Here are my current favourites:

Gucci Nobile
    Lancome Miracle
    Chopard Casran
    Fendi Life Essence

I love each one but they've all induced headaches at various times, has anyone got any suggestions on what I can try next? Do I need something lighter/citrusy? Maybe a unisex fragrance?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! My fave fragrances induce headaches

Maybe you spray too much? Or on the wrong spot? Try spraying 2 or 3 times under your shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, Gucci Nobile is one of my favorites too, It's actually my SOTD! I don't think It induces headaches, it's not that strong!
    Miracle isn't so strong too...
    Do you wanna try a headache inducing scent? Give KOUROS a try!

What about not srpaying it on your neck in order not to have it directly under your nose? Just spray it on your chest under your shirt or in other points far from your direct inhalation. It will help avoiding headaches maybe...

Thanks for the tips, I've stopped headaches over the past few days by spraying under my shirt and on the back of the neck. Usually I applied straight from the shower. I've avoided getting the scent on my hands too, I think that's helped.

Quote Originally Posted by beach koopa
    Thanks for the tips, I've stopped headaches over the past few days by spraying under my shirt and on the back of the neck. Usually I applied straight from the shower. I've avoided getting the scent on my hands too, I think that's helped.
    Another tip I can get you from my experience (hehe... don't read it as so pretentious) is to avoid application of a scent when you are just come out of the shower and your body is heated up, or it will burn the scent more quickly letting it evaporate too fast&furious. Let your body temperature normalize before; this will for sure make it last longer and evaporate slower (causing you only pleasure).

Post Thanks / Like

There may be something wrong with your fragrances. If you send them to me I can analyze them for you.

I've had on a few, (very few occasions that this happened), but if I leave a fragrance for long enough it somehow works out again, and no headaches... Just a though... Have these particular fragrances always given you a headache or were you ever able to wear them without a headache... In the case that out of nowhere your favorites are making you sick, and you suffer with headaches, you just might have to give them a rest... I had the same thing happen with Hypnotic Poison, (but now I'm back in action again and love it as much as ever).

The other suggestion I have is to spray away form your face/neck/head/nose... those that could possibly be a bit too strong for you, (and thus cause you headaches), I personally love to wear behind my knees and on my ankles... that just might do the trick for you too...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

I agree with Mags about not putting scent on right out of the shower. It really amplifies a scent to nausea levels. Often at my job (a hotel), a guest will have just taken a shower, put on some cologne and then come into the bar... and someone will always wrinkle their nose and say "Man, somebody took a bath in (Insert fragrance here)!" So it actually isn't far off in saying the person took a bath in it.