Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • SotD

52 85.25%
  • Fragrance of the Day

9 14.75%

Default SotD vs. Fragrance of the Day

Hey guys,

I know this is a bit silly perhaps, but I thought it would be interesting thing to ask anyway...

As you may have seen, these days we have two kind of styles in use here - the traditional SotE has gotten an optional title, called Fragrance of the Day...

Which one do you prefer, which title sounds/looks better??

Of course, I`m not too serious with this at all, but still I`m not afraid to say that I think it`s quite ridicilous to change something simple that has been working out flawlessly.
    And I sort of like the fact that the title is standardized in the forum (=same in female/male side).

So, SotD it is for me.

You??

Default Re: SotD vs. Fragrance of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    Hey guys,

I know this is a bit silly perhaps, but I thought it would be interesting thing to ask anyway...

As you may have seen, these days we have two kind of styles in use here - the traditional SotE has gotten an optional title, called Fragrance of the Day...

Which one do you prefer, which title sounds/looks better??

Of course, I`m not too serious with this at all, but still I`m not afraid to say that I think it`s quite ridicilous to change something simple that has been working out flawlessly.
    And I sort of like the fact that the title is standardized in the forum (=same in female/male side).

So, SotD it is for me.

You??
    Same for me. Fragrance of the day sounds too formal for me, bordering on pretentious.

I'd rather prefer SOTD.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

SOTD for me too.

I prefer SotD as well.

How did we switch to Fragrance of the Day anyway? When I logged onto the new forum, the switch was already made.

I'm always scanning the board for SOTD and have trouble finding the new threads, heh. I like it the old way for sure. I guess I'm way too conservative

The two words don't really mean anything different to me, but 'SOTD' seems the more established.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    I prefer SotD as well.

How did we switch to Fragrance of the Day anyway? When I logged onto the new forum, the switch was already made.
    Good question, but I'm afraid it was one member's arbitrary decision...
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Exclamation Re: SotD vs. Fragrance of the Day

I went for SOTD too, as long as its followed by a universal date format i.e 14 July, as the different countries have different formats and it can be very confusing!

For example 06/07/06 to me would be the 6th of July whereas in the States it would read as the 7th of June!

Thumbs up Re: SotD vs. Fragrance of the Day

SotD 4 me.

I prefer SotD as well...
    "Of the five senses, the sense of smell is incontestably the one that best conveys a sense of immortality."

Salvador Dali

Well.... SOTD of course.

Both are good for me... Maybe "SOTD" is more well-established, but on teh other hand "Fragrance of the Day" go against this crazy US mania about achronims that sometimes leave NON-US noobs a bit puzzled (I sometimes still am nowadays... )

Stay with SOTD

Lightbulb Re: SotD vs. Fragrance of the Day

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    Both are good for me... Maybe "SOTD" is more well-established, but on teh other hand "Fragrance of the Day" go against this crazy US mania about achronims that sometimes leave NON-US noobs a bit puzzled (I sometimes still am nowadays... )

I agree with you - Fragranze of the dei - Eu.s.t. !!

My ten favorites in September (fragrances alphabetical)

Blu di Provenza Pal Zileri Collezione Privata
    Cedre Ambré Pierre Cardin Collection
    Eau de Cologne of Turnball & Asser Penhaligon's
    Eau de France - Rue Rancé Rancé 1795
    Eau de Santal Floris
    Homme Marbert
    No. 88 Czech & Speake
    Pour Homme S.T. Dupont
    Royal Arms Diamond Edition Floris Private Collection
    The Dreamer Versace

7 votes for Fragrance of the Day, at the moment, but I wonder why no one has ever come to the public eye about it...

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

SOTD is much faster to type...
    Yr good bud,

JaimeB

"Why spend life seeking that which does not satisfy? Why remain a slave, when freedom waits? Let your life shine; illumine the world with your truth!"

My Wardrobe
    My Reviews

Fiat justitia ruat cælum.

Let justice be done, even if the sky should fall.

Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesoninus

Qui nihil potest sperare, desperet nihil.
    Let him who can hope for nothing despair of nothing.

—Seneca

Scent of the Day, Fragrance of the Day, I don't care which one is used

*ehem*

I thought I would like to see that fiftieth vote.

No, seriously...This is not a serious matter, I guess, but still; could some "Fragrance of the Day" voters/supporters give some sort of illustration for the question that occupies many minds and souls in this forum: Why oh why??! Why not the traditional SotD???

In this world of chaotic alterations, wouldn`t we want to keep some things just safe and immutable??

Like I said (few times) this is not too serious, but if I could, I would give just 15000 more votes for SotD!!!

I thought Fragrance of the Day was a nice change when we switched over to the new board, but the novelty wore off. I like SOTD better. But honestly, either one is fine.

We had a similar discussion a while back about which is the better way to load toilet paper ... top down, or bottom up. I think I remember being the only one who was "pro" bottom up. So I think the "Fragrance of the Day" supporters should voice their opinion too.

SotD for me......Gary

Polls limit thought.

I prefer both of them and could stand to see other options as well.

I don't find anything particularly pretentious or formal about "Fragrance of the Day." I do on the other hand find it far more thought-provoking. If there were only one, I would choose Fragrance of the Day, although if seen every day I could find it pretentious in the same way I find SotD a bit pretentious when I see it every day. But then again, Fragrance of the Day could be a degree more pretentious and formal if seen every day, and in turn that could cause repression/frustration and perhaps a revolutionary transformation would occur.

Last edited by pluran; 20th July 2006 at 09:30 PM.

In America, STD stands for sexually transmitted disease.

I often unconsciously (or consciously) connect SotD with STD.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    Polls limit thought.

I prefer both of them and could stand to see other options as well.

I don't find anything particularly pretentious or formal about "Fragrance of the Day." I do on the other hand find it far more thought-provoking. If there were only one, I would choose Fragrance of the Day, although if seen every day I could find it pretentious in the same way I find SotD a bit pretentious when I see it every day. But then again, Fragrance of the Day could be a degree more pretentious and formal if seen every day, and in turn that could cause repression/frustration and perhaps a revolutionary transformation would occur.

Thanks Pluran for your reply - finally we got someone to stand for Fragrance of the Day! Yes!!!

I actually can`t even explain it, but to me Fragrance of the Day sounds just silly. Awkwardly silly.
    I don`t know, maybe I am too conservative with this, but I just can`t see overall the point in changes with this.

But okey: if someone has a necessarily need to type Fragrance of the Day or whatever, I`m very sure that I will get use to it, eventually. No problemos.

Heck, maybe even I myself will do things differently someday...Maybe I will write: "Eau de Toilette, Eau de Parfum, Eau de Cologne, After-Shave or who knows even Parfum Extrait of the Day" or "Spritzes & Splashes of the Day"

"Babe Magnets of the Day" or "Public Intoxicater of the Day" would be also great, don`t you think??!

ps. Pluran, I think that "Sexually Transmitted Disease of the Day" is your personal problem...

I also prefer words to initials.

Scent of the Day rather than SOTD.
    Voleur de Roses instead of VdR
    etc.

I too may have perceived Fragrance of the Day as being more "silly" or "awkward" when I was younger.
    Last edited by pluran; 21st July 2006 at 01:29 AM.