Code of Conduct

Default Whats with Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch?

Whats so good about it, that people are bidding up to £36($66) for a 30ml bottle?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fierce-Abercro...QQcmdZViewItem

Default Re: Whats with Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch?

Absolutely nothing. You were looking on the British Ebay. Here in the states it is going for under $3 a bottle. I just did a search. I found one listing for the 2.5 oz bottle for $1.50 and that was with three bids! Yikes.

It is a good scent very strong and long lasting.....

Quote Originally Posted by scentimus
    It is a good scent very strong and long lasting.....
    Good! I hoped a good skeptical post like this one would bring out Scentimus, a man who's F I E R C E legacy has been written in glowing red, bulbous font of old--a true man who's F I E R C E !
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

It's a lovely scent, but unfortunately every college male seems to wear the stuff. This makes it very difficult to stand wearing on a college campus.

Blog Entries

I personally can't stand this stuff. The A&F SA's douse the clothes in this while on the racks, and it's rumored they even pump Fierce through the air vents, and it really wouldn't surprise me if this was true. I have to hold my breath while walking by A&F @ the mall because this scent flows out from the store & makes me gag.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

EDITED by MODERATOR (DustB)
    Offensive language deleted.

#2: Nothing offensive
    Posts, signatures and avatars which may be considered offensive are not permitted and may be removed or edited without notice.
    The definition of offensive is down to the Basenotes moderation team. As a general rule - if you wouldn't be happy with your boss or grandmother reading it then it probably isn't suitable.
    Last edited by DustB; 15th July 2006 at 04:26 PM.

Did you just say fags? Do you mean cigarettes? Do you mean wooden logs? Surely that wasn't an ignorant comment made against gay people! Surely.

I don't even want to see where this thread is going to go.
    I suggest a lock on it.

Talking Re: Whats with Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch?

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I personally can't stand this stuff. The A&F SA's douse the clothes in this while on the racks, and it's rumored they even pump Fierce through the air vents, and it really wouldn't surprise me if this was true. I have to hold my breath while walking by A&F @ the mall because this scent flows out from the store & makes me gag.
    You certainly could have something going with the smell through the air vents as I can tell you Men's Wearhouse does just that with a leather mix to lure the demographic of potential customers into the store. Olfactory marketing at its finest!

its cool but everyone wears it. you can find something similar and better like I think eternity summer smells pretty similar to it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by genvy5
    its cool but everyone wears it. you can find something similar and better like I think eternity summer smells pretty similar to it.
    Eternity Summer = Fierce?? I don't get that @ all. To me Fierce smells more like Hollister Drift (Hollister is A&F's sister store, so it's reasonable to think that their two signature colognes smell similar), and even Platinum Egoiste (although PE smells WAY better, but there is a bit of similarity there).

Speaking of blowing a scent through the ventilation system, how is that done and can I do that at home? I guess I would need some kind of a diffuser. I will do some more research! I would love to smell leather throughout the house (instead of smelly dogs!)...

Smile Re: Whats with Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch?

Ok, if I'm going to be censored, I guess I'll just have to re-word my statement. I'm on the verge of aggressively voicing my disapproval of censorship, and I don't think the word "fag" even offends enough people for it to be an issue, especially when it is used in an obviously joking manner. But I'll behave, seeing that this is a more "upscale" internet community. My original post was a direct quote from a south park episode.

Anyway

A while back I saw two gays wearing pink bandanas kissing in a park. That was the gayest thing I'd ever seen, until I saw the bottle for fierce.

I mean, come on... a zoomed-in picture of a male stomach and nipple? Abercrombie is driving people away from what would be a good-selling, good-smelling scent!

And to the moderator who censored my original post - Why was it neccessary to delete the whole thing? Couldn't you just remove the couple of words you thought people would find offensive, instead of negating my entire point?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by perfectfeet
    Ok, if I'm going to be censored, I guess I'll just have to re-word my statement. I'm on the verge of aggressively voicing my disapproval of censorship, and I don't think the word "fag" even offends enough people for it to be an issue, especially when it is used in an obviously joking manner. But I'll behave, seeing that this is a more "upscale" internet community. My original post was a direct quote from a south park episode.

Anyway

A while back I saw two gays wearing pink bandanas kissing in a park. That was the gayest thing I'd ever seen, until I saw the bottle for fierce.

I mean, come on... a zoomed-in picture of a male stomach and nipple? Abercrombie is driving people away from what would be a good-selling, good-smelling scent!

And to the moderator who censored my original post - Why was it neccessary to delete the whole thing? Couldn't you just remove the couple of words you thought people would find offensive, instead of negating my entire point?
    Just FYI-- There are gay people on this forum. I am one of them. I did think your use of the "F" word was offensive. From the tone of your post, there was no way to know you were joking, and it's understandable that your post was deleted. Just be careful in the future.

These are private forums and if you can't handle being "censored" because you feel the need to label people, much less cologne as "gay" then personally, I'd rather you post somewhere else.

Its not "censorship" when someone in charge removes small-mindedness and inappropriate crap that most civilized adults don't want to put up with.

(PS Not gay. Find it offensive, too.)

Sorry to derail...

To get back on topic, I've never bothered with A&F stuff. I don't like their clothes, I don't like their stores, I don't like their racist hiring practices. Never had a chance (or care) to smell their colognes.
    Last edited by DrBubba; 15th July 2006 at 10:41 PM.

Smile Re: Whats with Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch?

Rest assured, no small-mindedness on this end, buddy. I'm going to let this go now, seeing that we've actually been able to discuss this cencorship issue to some extent. I don't feel like my free speech has been infringed upon anymore. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals anyway!

Come on - the bottle is really gay looking! There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that in a brief, humorous reference to a cartoon. In fact, I've even read that the fragrance was intentionally marketed as such to gay men. I'd say that I wish that they'd make a cologne for foot fetishists like myself, but I'm sure it would smell like feet! Lol.

--------------------------

I too, am interested in some sort of ventilation system fragrance system. I wish my apartment smelled like fresh ground coffee at all times. I guess I could just constantly brew coffee at all times!

--------------------------

Also, if you want to talk about ridiculously priced cologne, Abercrombie Woods (which I'm currently in persuit of) is regularly going for up to $150 a bottle on ebay! That's more than Creed.
    Last edited by Scentronic; 16th July 2006 at 12:08 AM.

Default Hat is off!

My salute to the absolutely superior members of this fine site! I thank them all for their patience, understanding, restraint, clarity, and pure wisdom. Thank you all very much.

Perfectfeet? I deleted your post because it was offensive. That doesn't mean post it again later, and it doesn't mean you should inform us on management skills.

Know these rules:
    #9: Avoid hot topics
    -Posts/signatures that involve politics are expressly forbidden on this board.
    -Posts/signatures that involve religion are expressly forbidden on this board.
    -We have the right to lock or delete topics which have the potential to get out of hand. We have been running this discussion board for over five years, some topics come up regularly that cause problems. These will be locked.

#10: Stop when you are told
    -If you are advised to stop a discussion by an administrator or moderator then do so. Threads will be locked should discussion continue after you have been advised otherwise. If you wish to carry on your debate after you have been advised to drop it, please use private email.
    -Under no circumstances attempt to restart a locked thread.

Read the rest of them at:
    http://www.basenotes.net/cgi-bin/art...ame=forumrules

Questions or reactions? Send them TO ME.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I don't feel like my free speech has been infringed upon anymore.
    You should look up what the First Amendment means sometime. It has nothing to do with what you think it means.

Nice job, as usual, Chris.