Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Sexiest frag for HOT HOT HOT weather!!

Forgive me if this particular question has been asked before (it probably has), but can anyone recommend a SEXY, and SEDUCTIVE scent that can be worn in hot (99+ degrees Fahrenheit) weather? I have no problem coming up with sexy frag recommendations for cool weather (just about any good woody oriental would do), but I think it's harder to come up with a SEXY & SEDUCTIVE (not just "fresh" or "clean") scent for HOT, summer weather. From my own personal 'drobe, I'm thinking maybe Imperial Millesime, Silver Mountain Water, Live Jazz, or Colonia Assoluta.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, mates.
    Last edited by dav-here; 15th July 2006 at 04:30 AM.
    Dave here.

Default Re: Sexiest frag for HOT HOT HOT weather!!

My personal favorite for the hot weather is going to have to be Kouros Fraicheur. It thrives in hot weather. Fresh out of the shower sex in a bottle. rjrober22 nailed it in his review by describing it as "Fresh, Clean and Dirty at the same time".

Hands down: Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur it's sexy and it's HOT HOT HOT !
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Kouros is great in hot weather.

Blog Entries

My summer staple is Kenneth Cole Reaction. It's never cloying & it always smells fantastic.

Also...L'eau D'Issey is also great in hot weather ONLY if you use the "walk through" method. I've never smelled anything that's so fresh, and yet so headache-inducing as well. The walk through method seems to be the ONLY way to apply this.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Terre D'Hermes
    Givenchy Pour Homme
    Essenza Di Zegna
    Creed MI

Blog Entries

Almost any vetiver scent or anything with a rich vetiver note.

Mitsouko has become a big summer favourite, it has a gorgeous vetiver drydown.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Top 3 would HAVE to be:
    1. Kouros Fraicheur
    2. Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. Musc Ravageur

SEX SEX and more SEX...YUMMY!
    HAHA...

Hope you didn't mind me quoting you rjrober22.

By Man - D&G

You can't go wrong with MI, though it tends to go pretty quickly because of it's fairly poor longevity. Other "HOT HOT HOT" weather frags I like are Baldessarini by Hugo Boss (awesome frag, but way overpriced and it has the worst longevity of any frag I've tested... it makes MI seem like it lasts for an eternity), Magnetism by Escada (it wears very well on me in the warmer weather), Guess for Men (refreshing green apple notes with a nice dry musk drydown), and Creed's Acier Aluminum (it wears great in any weather from sub-zero to 115 degrees). Other choices you might want to consider: Unforgivable by Sean John (an MI ripoff, but smells a bit of orange soda got spilled in it), or one of the hundreds of Curve variations (if you can stand them) or Nautica Voyage (smells like it could be a Curve). Hope this helps!

I second tigrushka regarding the vetiver notes. My current favorite is Guerlain Vetiver Sport.
    I also think Eau Sauvage (Dior) is superb. Luckily, I have no longevity problems with it. In fact, the drydown is sexy like a light grey Dior suit.
    Also, Armani Eau Pour Homme and YSL Pour Homme.
    RM

Aramis Devin, Kouros Cologne Sport are my faves right now for HOT weather!

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Yatagan, without a shadow of a doubt.

What about Platinum Egoiste?

I tested it yesterday in the evening, it's very fresh and I ve heard that the girls like this. I searched for it in google and on one page I read its called

"The girls orgasm"

Don't know if its true but have a try!! And tell me

Live Jazz and Colonia Asulta are good.

I like wearing Chrome. It's aquatic/fresh/woody smell is quite appealing in the heat. The metalic side of it is almost refreshing. Azzaro Chrome is always a good choice.

Aqua Motu - modern marine with a surprising warm sand drydown, never cloying yet unique

and maybe
    Obsession Night for men by CK

also
    Code PH Giorgio Armani

and
    Burberry Brit for men

I picture a 'sexy' fragrance to be somewhat 'aromatic', to contain vanilla/tonka bean or whatever... to remain fresh and to be masculine at the same time. So these are my picks which endure the hot weather very well
    Last edited by perfectscent; 15th July 2006 at 12:35 PM.

How about Rive Gauche?

If oriental scent, I'll recommend Boss Bottled. It works well in hot weather.
    Current Top 5

1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

Thumbs up Re: Sexiest frag for HOT HOT HOT weather!!

Thanks, everyone, for the great suggestions! Keep 'em comin'!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffman
    Magnetism by Escada (it wears very well on me in the warmer weather)
    Magnetism for Men is one of the sexiest frags I own, but I wasn't sure if this would work in hot temperatures. I'm going to Vegas (where it'll probably be AT LEAST 115 degrees Fahrenheit during the day) in a couple of weeks and I considered bringing this one. Now, with that vote of confidence from Stuffman, I will!
    Dave here.

Quote Originally Posted by tigrushka
    Almost any vetiver scent or anything with a rich vetiver note.

Mitsouko has become a big summer favourite, it has a gorgeous vetiver drydown.
    Couldn't agree with you more, Tigs!
    I love Mitsouko always. In the summer I like to wear the lighter EDT. Mitsouko always feels right!

Other suggestions:
    Vetiver Tonka (Hermessece)
    Poivre Samarcand (Hermessence)
    Le Parfum de Therese (Editions de Parfum)
    Eau Sauvage (Dior)
    Shalimar Eau Leger (Guerlain)
    Vetiver (Guerlain) - try layering it with Mitsouko, not that Mitsouko needs any improvements... But it has an interesting result nevertheless.

And from my own collection (Ayala Moriel Parfums):
    Fetish
    Sabotage
    Charisma
    ArbitRary
    - you can now search the notes for these not only on my own website, but also on Basenotes' Fragrance Directory!
    Ayala Moriel, Perfumer
    Ayala Moriel Parfums http://www.ayalamoriel.com/
    Visit my SmellyBlog: http://www.smellyblog.com/

Another vote for By Man.

Hi dav-here! I can recommend Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta and also Czech & Speake Neroli for HOT weather.

Quote Originally Posted by dav-here
    Magnetism for Men is one of the sexiest frags I own, but I wasn't sure if this would work in hot temperatures. I'm going to Vegas (where it'll probably be AT LEAST 115 degrees Fahrenheit during the day) in a couple of weeks and I considered bringing this one. Now, with that vote of confidence from Stuffman, I will!
    Good to hear! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me- just don't spray on too much!

Well, I think it depends on what you wanna have...

A sexy scent more on the fresh or on the guarment side!!

I suggest "The Dreamer", its very wearable in summer, its sexy, sensual ad very smooth, don't overapply it!!

Musc Ravageur ....Yikes!!!!
    How bout Fou D'absinthe.

- Body Kouros
    - Obsession Night
    Top 5: Obsession | Eau sauvage | Antaeus | Bel Ami | Platinum Égoïste
    my wardrobe

I highly recommend Eau de Merveilles. It smells like clean skin sunbathing under blue skies with the waves rolling in. It's slightly salty and has a little citrus at the opening but then it's all skin (I am sure it's their ambergris accord which to me is pure heroin). Guys this isn't even remotely feminine. It's 100% delicious.

I also wear L'Artisan's Premier Figuier in the heat. It was my sent of the day yesterday and I can still smell it on my wrist. It's very green. I think it's a grounding scent.

Of course M7 Fresh is perfect in the heat. Think Fruit (there is some debate on what kind...I think berry, others think citrus, how about both?) and oud wood. This isn't the medicinal type of oud wood like Montale's oud series (sorry Vijay but I just don't get them yet but I am trying). This is a perfectly fresh Summer scent that starts getting sexier as the day gets warmer. It starts off very fruity and wakes you up. As the oud starts surfacing, the tone of the scent seems to get warmer and sexier. By the end of the day it is almost all oud and a light musk. It's never overpowering or cloying or even too heavy. It remains pretty much close to the skin as it dries down. The compliments I get by the end of the day, usually from beautiful women, oh,
    this is a winner!

I can't finish without mentioning another of my all time favorites, Comptoir Sud Pacifique's L'Homme/Leau De Governeur with it's wonderful Summery spices. It starts off with a blast of bergamot and pepper! This baby is loaded with nutmeg/mace and bergamot and lemon. This one also gets lots of compliments.

To all those mentioned I would like to add Declaration (Cartier). I think the "essence" lasts longer but either one will do.

Actually, there are four (possibly 5) versions of Declaration. There is the regular one and then Declararion Essence, Declaration Eau Genereuse, Declaration Bois Blue and then there is the mysterious Declaration Edition Pristige (which may or may not be a different edition from the original). All of them created by Jean Claude Elena. I am trying to gather samples of all varieties so I can do a comparison. Anybody want to contribute to the experiment? I should have a sample of the Eau Genereuse coming in the mail. Know of someone selling samples of the others? Just let me know.

I didn't mention this earlier but I love Declaration in all forms. I have tested these many times and think they are great for hot weather. At the moment, the closest fragrance store to me is about three hours away! To me the BO note (cumin and cardemom) is excuisite and not too funky.