Code of Conduct

Default Hanae Mori - Anybody home???

Hey there,

I`ve been very much towards orientals/gourmands lately, and I have already decided to buy this in form or another.
    I haven`t smelled it, but I`m quite sure I would love it.

Now, as I would like to know in which form I will buy this, I have sent a request to HM for samples of both, EdT and EdP.

Nothing. No answer, no samples.

Has anyone ever had a actual contact with this house due their website???

ps. I really would like to experience the difference between EdT & EdP, as in IMO
    EdP is NOT automatically the better option...

Default Re: Hanae Mori - Anybody home???

I had the same question sometime ago. I was told on that thread that the EdP is a bit deeper and with a much more pronounced chocolate note (a la A*Men). I tested both and I agree. Otherwise, they are both the same to me. If you're into heavy gourmands, you'll like it. But this stuff is just not for me (I'm not into mocha/chocolate/cocoa notes). Overall, I think the EdT is more wearable (if one must).
    The big problem I have with this strange house is they don't mention the chocolate note anywhere. It's not even on the label of the tester as part of the 500 other notes listed! The rediculous part is the website lists this (with no gender) as a fresh citrussy scent. There's no such thing. I'm turned off by this sort of incomplete, inaccurate, info which I find disrespectful to the client. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the scent itself is bad. In fact, I found their feminine scents very good too.
    RM

I tried this at Sephora a few... months? ago. It's sort of odd. What I got from it was a pretty floral scent (as I stare at its pyramid, the top and middle notes are loaded with flowers) with a chocolaty and vanilla-y base. You can smell the floral and gourmand scents mingle. It's not bad. It lasts a while too. It's just that I'd rather it be one or the other, floral or gourmand.

A perfume-counter person tried to sell me this (men's) as I walked through a department store. She claimed that a lot of bankers/other suits wear this and seemed disappointed I wasn't leaping at it for every relevant man on my scent list. I talked her down to just a sprayed card, which I deposited in my computer trolley. As the scent faded over the next few weeks, I tried to figure out what I thought of it, but unless I smell a cologne on a person, I reserve judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcomet
    It lasts a while too. It's just that I'd rather it be one or the other, floral or gourmand.
    But don't you find such classifications limiting? Once in a while, i'd like to see a fragrance that breaks out of the mould and dares to be innovative, though i'm not saying Hanae Mori does that, it's still very much in the "gourmand" category IMO. Anyway, i went with the EDP for the deeper, more luscious vanillic note.

Well i think H.M. is on of the most innovative fragrance on the market just for the fact that it is the most feminine scent marketed to men.

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo
    Well i think H.M. is on of the most innovative fragrance on the market just for the fact that it is the most feminine scent marketed to men.
    Nah, Calvin Klein beat HM to it with CK One and Burberry has Touch. Anything with too much white musk or florals would do it IMO. I think a guy can carry chocolates better than he can carry white flowers.

Ladies don't seem to be very fond of this scent for men either

imo it is a confusing scent citrus/mint/jasmine/chocolate
    the notes confusing as hell...

This is not a profound post but I'll submit it anyway. I own and like many of the major gourmands, but Hanae Mori is one of the few I have no desire to wear. I just don't see any purpose. Try Cannabis Santal.
    Last edited by pluran; 16th July 2006 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectscent
    Ladies don't seem to be very fond of this scent for men either

imo it is a confusing scent citrus/mint/jasmine/chocolate
    the notes confusing as hell...
    Strange but H.M. is the only scent that gets me compliments from the ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by whitechandoo
    Strange but H.M. is the only scent that gets me compliments from the ladies.
    Strange but women would rather wear it themselves, my gf is the same way also, her comment about HM was 'hats down to a man who could pull this off'. Another scent she said she would rather wear is Marc Jacobs for men and L'instant PH than smell it on a man, dunno tastes are different...I don't necessarilly agree with everything

But than again if a man can pull off jasmine, which in my opinion is one of the most feminine ingredients in the perfumery, than I don't see a problem

Pull it off, I love H.M, I might get a bottle, so close! I think to be able to pull off H.M you need to be a little bit,how do you say it, a pretty boy. Forget the all-american,polo shirt wearing,khakis,boat shoes,abecrombie fitch look! But think of the singer from the group London Sued(now defunct and became The Tears) or Jarvis Cocker from the group Pulp,all members from the band The Strokes, trendy,dandy,fashionable,just a tad androgeneous,retro pretty boy look. Marlboro man? Not for you!
    Top faves: Aramis Devin,Balenciage PH,Zino Davidoff,Trussardi Uomo,BlackXS,Sybaris,Furyo,HoHangClub,Santos Sport,KriziaSpazio,CarverVetiverDry,GIT,AmberSulta n,TeaForTwo,Dzing.
    My drobe: www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/47

Quote Originally Posted by pluran
    I just don't see any purpose.
    Pluran, could you lighten up this a bit...what did you mean exactly by this?
    And, have you tried those both versions?

Hehe, my original question (in which the title also refers) hasn`t got any comments.
    Really, I wonder why they won`t bother answering, and, has anyone else try to contact them.. (see... anybody home..?? Eh.)

Goodlooking website, though. http://www.parfums-hanaemori.com/