Code of Conduct
    Why So Serious?

Red face Went to a store and got bitten..........

LOL, have to make you guys look! Anyway, i didn't really get bitten literally, but something funny happend yesterday. I was at the mall shopping with my girlfriend, she wanted to buy some hair products from Aveda. Even before we got into the salon, a wonderful smell came over me, it smelled like a steamed spa, with hair products plus some make-up. And then i was immediately reminded of a fragrance that i once had, though i didn't really recall what it was right away. We went into the store, and i kept on sniffing the air while gf was picking out stuff, i looked like a fool and was really embarrased for acting weird. So my gf asked me why i was sniffing all over the place, i told her the smell in the store reminded me of a fragrance that i once had. Since she pretty much knew my entire collection she helped me to recall which one it was, but neither of us could remember. I was so intoxicated by the smell, i wondered how a women's beauty store could smell like a men's fragrance. So my gf has finally picked the stuff she wanted and we left the store. After we left Aveda, i totally lost my concentration and i kept on thinking what the smell was, i even stepped on someone else's feet. After 10 more minutes of shopping around, my memory has suddenly hit me. Rive Gauche!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It cant be!!!!!!!! I really disliked it and traded it a long time ago, how could I have enjoyed the smell of Aveda?? I was so puzzled in this turn of event. I quickly told my gf that i'd be right back, and i ran back to Aveda, left my gf in another store, she was yelling and calling my name, but i was gone like superman. I finally went back to Aveda, made some more sniffing and acted as if i was ready to go to heaven, i was so enjoying that unbelievable air at the entrance amd got really carried away, then i noticed the sales people inside the store were giving me some strange looks, one welcomed me back and asked if i needed any help, i stopped zoning and left the store. I realized that the smell in Aveda could have been a bit more powdery, and just a bit sweeter than i remembered Rive Gauche, it was what i always wanted Rive Gauche to be, and now i've found that smell, unfortunately it's not bottled. I then went to a few department stores in the mall to find if any of them carried Rive Gauche, and i had no luck, so i planned to buy this one again else where. Then, i ran back to where my gf has been, but she wasn't there, i checked my cellphone, and it had 3 miscalls, i should never put it on vibrate again. So the calls were indeed from my gf, i called her back again and again, but she didn't pick up her phone. I became really really worried, and called my mom to see if she's called, but she didn't. I ran all over the mall hoping to find her, kept on calling her, but she was no where to be found. I felt like the sky had collapsed while i was leaving the mall. So i came home, my mom asked me why i came back alone and empty handed. And then i realized i've dropped the shopping bags i was carrying to my gf when i ran back to Aveda. I also realized that not only i left her alone and didn't tell her where i went, but i also left her with lots of stuff to carry by herself. I felt disgusted with myself and with my actions. She did not call me last night, and i couldn't sleep one bit. This morning she came over and i rushed to apologize. I asked her where she went, she told me she crashed in a friend's house, and she carried all the bags by herself, including my newly purchased Xbox 360, she told me since i left all the bags for her, she took it home and hid it so that i cannot play it until she lets me to. I could tell she was mad and i was being severely punished for being a bad bad bf, but i was so excited to open the Xbox and just play my days away, now i dont even have it, but i thought i really deserved the punishment. Then, i told her why i ran away all of a sudden, she said i was pathetic after i told her the Rive Gauche and Aveda incident. I apologized for a few hours, and she felt better and went home. She just came back an hour ago, and what was about to happen next completely surprised me and almost made me burst into tears...................................
    .the end of this bittersweet story will be posted later
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Default Re: Went to a store and got bitten..........

You either got some action or she purchased a bottle of Rive Gauche for you. If so, she must really love you. Do share...

Blog Entries

I'm voting for the Rive Gauche purchase!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Suspence is great here.... But, in the end, did she bit you?

Well there's some point of reality in being bitten. You got a pretty bad bite mentally!

Either way, I'm curious to what happened later. Well written.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

Noooooo what happened at the end of the story!?

ugh, damn cliffhangers, like Pirates 2.

Well, hopefully all went well and you got the Rive Gauche and the Xbox 360 and a happy gf.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisW
    ugh, damn cliffhangers, like Pirates 2.
    LOL, funny you mention that, it just came out here and I just saw it. Talk about a weird ending.
    "Perfume is the dream that carries me."

There is always the sky to look at

You did probably not smell Rive Gauche.

Aveda commonly use bergamot and patchouli in their products, both of which are key ingredients in Rive Gauche PH. I have myself noticed the similarities between the two when I go to their stores. I also think someone previously described the confusion between Rive Gauche PH and some of the products in the Aveda line (seem to remember that Indie_Guy had a post on that..).

Well, some of the stuff in their men's line is worth trying. Happy hunting!

Aveda can put out some wonderful scents. They actually had a fragrance called Eros that I used to wear. I got a lot of compliments on it. When I first smelled the top notes of Czech and Speake No. 88 immediately reminded me of Eros. I had noticed some similarities to RG but it is mainly in their mens line. Actually, I found it typical of Aveda to go the "male scent" route when it came to their mens line.
    Last edited by snakesandladders; 15th July 2006 at 11:26 PM.

Oh man.

i have to go to work and won't be able to read the end of this cliffhanger for quite a while...

Well, I hope the ending is good. I hope you didn't get dumped over this incident.

Looks like I'm wearing Rive Gauche to work tonight!

Errr... She brought the Xbox and you played for hours and hours? Well, thats the PG rated version! LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    Errr... She brought the Xbox and you played for hours and hours? Well, thats the PG rated version! LOL!!!
    LOL!!

Can't wait till the end.

Well, because of this thread I just ran down and put on some Rive Gauche. I really like it but I can never find a really good time to wear it.

Anyways, I'm guess the story ends with maybe the Xbox getting lost or something, just a guess.

She dumped you and kept the Xbox for herself? At least that's what I would have done.

well, you should probably be glad tiff isnt your gf or this would be a sad story.
    My bet is that your gf did something really neat and that the (almost) tears would have been the good kind.

go forth and sin no more!

I'd start by carrying everything for her for awhile, doing the dishes, that sort of thing.

Why So Serious?

LOL!

Anyway, those who guessed the Rive Gauche Purchase are obsolutely correct. I was really surprised, she came back with the Rive Gauche, and not just the bottle, it was a gift set, came with a body wash, i was stunned. I was stunned because she went beyond her abilites to make me happy while she was the one that was mad the whole time. What stunned me even more was where she got the gift set, i mean i've only seen bottles of it somewhere. She wouldn't tell me and just said she knew her way around, lol. But deep inside i have an idea of which place she has gotten it from. Nontheless, that was a good surprise, and i was really impressed. Then i took her out to dinner and we had a long walk along lakeshore, just came back in fact. And coincidentally i might have been bitten by misquitos while walking along the beach, i was itching all over the place, lol. Sadly i wasn't wearing the Rive Gauche, lol.

I felt like laughing and crying at the same time, i haven't had this feeling for a long time. I told her it wasn't really the Rive Gauche i wanted and i could care less about the Xbox. All i wanted her to know today was just how beautiful some things can be, and i dont mean it in a physical way. When someone sacrifices his/her own happiness for others, the true beauty of that person comes to life. The physical beauty diminishes, but the inner beauty remains forever. And it is that one person's beauty that affects how the other perceives life. Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, it is through the eye of the beholder. At that moment, a person of amazing grace stood beside me, and made me realize that even beyond one's philosophical wisdom does not justify that kind of grace.

I'm sitting around while typing this, still somehow unable to sleep after resolving the issue, watching an angel-like figure sleeping peacefully, and holding in my hand a box that contains a can of cologne and a tube of body wash as if it were gold. I couldn't recall the last time i've held something that was so priceless, and at this very moment i just want to hold it forever.

Some final thoughts:
    I will not use the gift set, this one goes into my treasure chest as the most valuable object. And i will tell her that this is officially not something to be opened because it contains something far more valuable than just what's inside. Sounds cheesy i know, but it's incredible how sometimes someone goes beyond his conscience to preserve something that is intangible.
    Last edited by HackerX; 16th July 2006 at 06:05 AM.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

Blog Entries

I started tearing up a little...what a great ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have a wonderful woman there, and you are very lucky to have her!!!!
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I feel the vibes man! You're a wonderful guy, she's lucky to have you! Or is it the other way around? Either way, yer both lucky to have each other!

Oh man... that was good! I think I'M in love with your girlfriend!

Wow, what a girl. That's just a really nice story. Man, when I saw the "got bitten" thing in the title, riffing on my old thread, I kind of thought " Oh no! What's the deal NOW!"

But I'm almost speechless. Being that Rive Gauche is really a special scent to me, this story resonated heavily. One of the best posts I've read in ages.

As for me... like i said, i was gonna wear Rive Gauche tonight to work, but I was running late and as I was driving down the road I realized I had forgotten to put cologne on! I had a few samples in the car... so I put on some D&G Masculine. And as luck would have it, I met a girl at my bar in the hotel tonight(which never happens--my customers are almost all middle aged businessmen--but they're my bread and butter so I won't complain.) She was really pretty and I could tell she was into me. Unfortunately I got off work pretty late and although I wanted to have her over to my place, I realized I had left my drobe wide open and had frags EVERYWHERE! Plus some older guy was buying her drinks and I felt awful about giving her my number right in front of him (I hate being a c*ckblocker, but the guy had a snowball in hell's chance anyway). Still I gave her my number and she called me as I was driving home. I was 50/50 on taking her back to my place for drinks because it was so late--plus I kind of have a rule about not hanging out with girls who are drunk, when I'm sober-- I did give her a ton of free drinks at the bar!

Now, I'm sitting at home alone, having a couple of beers WISHING I would have had her over...

She texted me a few minutes ago saying she wants to spend some time with me while she's in town--which is only two more days. Then she goes back to Texas. I'll probably wear Rive Gauche or Black Jeans. Well, there's my version of a love connection, even though it's not really much to do with my SOTD. But then again, my love life has always been willy-nilly.

Anyway, back to you, Hacker. Really, as much as you treasure that Rive Gauche... you should wear it man. Don't keep it in a closet somewhere. Don't wear it everyday, but still-- If I were you, I'd wear it for special occasions and just get it out to sniff it anytime you want to get a nice warm feeling all over. Especially the shower gel. It's really wonderful stuff. Plus, by wearing the Rive Gauche, you'll make your girlfriend feel about you the way you feel about her right now! My friend, how can you NOT wear it!?!

Regards,

Indie

dude that's incredible. i was in suspense for hours and you ended it so beautifully. props to you man

Now!
    After this, you should definately wear it as your signature scent, your girfriend rules man

oh, and btw a great story
    Last edited by perfectscent; 16th July 2006 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    She texted me a few minutes ago saying she wants to spend some time with me while she's in town--which is only two more days. Then she goes back to Texas.
    lol. I recently had a run in with a Texas girl while I was waiting tables. A good time was definatly had.

Great story though. I can't believe you left her without saying a word. I would definatly have to say you owe her one big time for forgiving you. I'm truly jealous of you for finding such a kind lady.

Oh Hack,
    it's a true happy end, specially for what a mistake from a simple distraction ended up in what I assume from your words, has become a milestone in your relationship! You're a lucky guy as long as she's a lucky gal!

Thanks for the good story, HackerX. You are one lucky guy!

Excellent post. Puts things in perspective.

Great story and great ending Hack .

You have a special girl there, you are lucky.

Indie you got competition in story writing now .
    Vijay"Maisonstinky"

Why So Serious?

Indie's was a classic! Anyway, there's no doubt i'm the luckiest person alive, and lucky just isn't the right word anymore. Thanks for the responses guys, and here's something more for you lovely Basenoters.

---------Sequel-----------

She appreciated my thoughts, and she said nothing could replace what i told her, so as long as i really meant those words, that was the best i could offer her. I've given it some thoughts and she persuaded me to finally open the gift set. I sprayed away, i suddenly felt it was the best fragrance in the world. It is amazing how one person can change your perspectives in a fragrance. I admit i wasn't the biggest fan of the Rive Gauche, and all of a sudden this smells so darn good, almost orgasmic, like those ladies in the Herbal Essence shampoo commercials, i wouldn't even imagine what would happen with me and the shower gel if i were going to use it. But wow! It smells so much like that day at the Aveda store, i relived that heavenly moment.

The best part was my gf liked it too this time around. I remember the first time i got this one neither me or her was a fan, i thought it didn't suit my taste, and she said it smelled like something her father would wear. Now, after given it a thorough test, we both agreed that it does indeed reminisce of Aveda, and it somehow turned sweeter on my skin, it wasn't as damp and musty as i remembered. In fact, she said it smells better than Aveda, even she couldn't believe that she would really enjoy this one this time around, maybe because of the Aveda association. I thought to myself why didn't we just shop at Aveda long time ago. Good thing she started shopping there, otherwise i would've never found out about the connection, and certainly this turn of event couldn't have happend. So i told her i should go shopping with her more and see what other places are on her map, who knows what i'd discover next.

Due to the fact that Rive Gauche has turned me around, i also decided to go out to test Kouros today. And with no surprise i became a huge fan of Kouros as well, i dont know what's got into me these days. I didn't get any piss notes or urinal cakes, it reminded me of the time that i tested the Creed Orange Spice which i enjoyed, but Kouros is definitely more dirty, in a good way . It was really fabulous, i wanted a bottle of it badly, but then i realized i should plan my budget accordingly. For sure, the gift from the gods will be added into my wardrobe very soon.

P.S. I did not get bitten nor did i get the Xbox back, but that's what i derserved and i just have to accept it and be happy with what i already have.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Yosh Sombre Negra
    3. Amouage Fate Man

Great, great story, master storyteller. In honor of you and your story, I shall wear Rive Gauche tomorrow! (If I remember Also, hopefully RG holds up in 93+ F weather ick)