Code of Conduct

Unhappy How should I spend my Devil Money?

So I just came back almost 3 hours ago from court to dispute a speeding ticket I got back in January. I was the first one up and the Judge said something like the officer didn't bother coming to court. Well..actually he was suppose to attend the session via telecommunication but that didn't go through. Anyways, the judge was extremely nice and told me I was off the hook. I was like ....WTF..... I was in there at 1:30pm and left 5 minutes later.

Anyways, I was kind of glad but on the other hand I kind of knew I wasn't going the speed limit, etc...Honestly, I'd pay the fine but the points on your drivers licence really ruins your record. So, I basically only went down for that.

I really had this good case and everything. A friend came over to my place Sunday morning and afternoon and helped out. He just finished University and was planning to go to Law school after. He said he helped two buddies in the past get out of their tickets. He basically told me what to say and how to say it, etc.... Ask the officer questions, BS like that. He even trained me a little this morning, all to waste.

I starting walking back to catch the Skytrain home and I basically starting emptying out my entire wallet to every homeless guy around, well...I actually only gave a few bucks to this one guy playing the guitar at one street corner.

I was planning if I actually won the case, I'd head down to the Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver right after and pick something nice for myself but I really wasn't deserving in a way. I pretty much won the case on default.

So I basically saved $138 CAN and don't know what to do with the cash. So should I go send crazy on some smellies or do something else with the cash?

My options (sorry couldn't figure out how to start a poll)

1) Donate the cash somewhere
    2) Save it
    3) Buy something for Montale Aoud (maybe Aoud Rose Petals or Black Aoud)
    4) Wait for SL Fumerie Turque to be part of the Export line to buy it.
    5) Buy something for the Dior Homme Trio (Bois D'Argent, Eau Noire or Cologne Blanche)
    6) Hermes Terre D'Hermes
    7) Other Suggestions?

Can you guys make me fell good about buying a nice fragrance or do I need to burn the money?
    Last edited by nsamadi; 17th July 2006 at 11:36 PM.

Default Re: How should I send my Devil Money?

It's not like you killed someone, you were just driving a bit too fast. Given that, I think it's safe for you to buy something nice for yourself, unless of course you'd feel guilty about doing so. If you would, then the best solution is to buy a reasonably priced scent (like Terre d'Hermes which you mentioned) with half of your money and then do something nice for others with the other half. Black Aoud and Fumerie Turque both sound pretty enticing though...

Why So Serious?

Default Re: How should I send my Devil Money?

Nice nice, got lucky there eh ?

I'd say go to the Perfumeshoppe right now, and test everything in site, and buy something that hardly any basenoter has tested, then come back, give us a review. I think this is exciting!

Or just buy the one you want the most, which is probably Terre D'Hermes. Dont put too much stress on your brain, go buy it!

Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Default Re: How should I spend my Devil Money?

life is short. seriously. you should make yourself happy by buying a beautiful new fragrance (or two). then, if there's money left over, take a friend to lunch. simple as that...

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Have you ever seen the TV show "My Name Is Earl"?

In short, put the money aside cuz Karma's likely to come around and bite you in the arse.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Treat yourself: Buy something from DIOR HOMME!!
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Don't get me wrong....but WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? Are you serious? You really feel guilty because you weren't punished for speeding ? I never imagined that I will live to see this and that such scruples could exist. Are you sure that this desire to be punished doesn't have another cause and that this reason for being punished isn't just a pretext for you to satisfy this desire of being punished?

I seriously can't believe that you feel guilty because you weren't punished for speeding. If you really feel guilty for this than there are some very strange moral prejudices in Canada . I think there are better chances of an alien invasion to occur than to happen this in Romania to someone or to feel guilty because he saved some cash without an effort.

Even if you broke the speed limit, why do you care? You people in Canada really have so much respect for THE LAW? I think you should see the Romainians drive , then you would consider yourself a saint at the steering wheel.

Now go and buy some niche smellie.
    Last edited by Luca; 18th July 2006 at 02:17 PM.

go for the No.5 option you posted...

Suggestion no. 7: give your money to me. I am more than happy to relieve you of your 'guilt' money

Purchase 360 bottles of SASI Spring Water and pour them into Lake Ontario

Well...this is kind of hard to explain but I think the money is cursed in a way. I know I'm guilty of going 35km over the speed limit and I got away with it, and I have this felling that if I spend the money only bad will come to me. I know you guys might think I sound crazy but I kind of believe in that stuff. Plus my parents always told me about the value of money, and how every dollar you gain must be pure. If you screw someone over and gain money from them(ie. sometimes Mechanics ) that money you spend will just give you bad luck. It's all part of Karma like what Quarry said.

Paying the fine wasn't the problem, it was the points and ruining my moms 30 year perfect driving record, and I didn't want that to happen. Anyways, I got that out of the way but the money I need to get rid of, probably donate or something. I'll think of something soon. Maybe I'll buy a bunch of Basenotes Gear, like those I heart perfume shirts, but I don't think I'd like to walk around wearing that. I don't think I'm that open with this hobby yet.

BTW, I totally forgot to mention this and it was totally hilarious for me. I saw one of my old substitute teachers back in High School there, and he somehow became a Cop. I was trying so hard not to laugh, I guess the sub-teacher thing didn't work out. I heard there was a wait list thing here or something. Anyways, I didn't talk to him but I couldn't see him being a Cop. He was such a push over and all the kids took advantage of him, and the guy was just way to nice.

Anyways, that kind of put a smile on my face.

Donate part of it to a worthy cause, say the Humane Society or something like that, and spend the rest on a new fragrance for yourself.
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

loose women ,cigarettes and beer! sort it out with god when you die!

Karma likes people who have fun.

oh and a bottle of kouros, devil juice!
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Just save it for your next fine

Otherwise, I'd go for option 3, and to be more specific Black Aoud!

I would say spend it with your friends. Buy them a nice dinner and rent a movie etc. That way you dont have to feel so bad . (and dont think you really should now)

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    Well...this is kind of hard to explain but I think the money is cursed in a way. I know I'm guilty of going 35km over the speed limit and I got away with it, and I have this felling that if I spend the money only bad will come to me. I know you guys might think I sound crazy but I kind of believe in that stuff. Plus my parents always told me about the value of money, and how every dollar you gain must be pure.
    Not to be nosy, but are you and your parents protestants? From what you wrote it looks like that. I don't know if you read Max Weber's book, The Protestant Ethic and the Spirit of Capitalism, but if you feel like I think you should...

In Weber's conception, the economical behaviors have an intrinsic ethical content. For the modern man, labor is seen as a duty, as a sign of virtue and a source of personal satisfaction. This is a trait of "the modern capitalist man", but this trait has a transcendental origin and an evident religious meaning which the german sociolog tries to show. Protestants regard labor (though not necessarily at a counscious level) as a mean through which they can gain salvation, as a type of laic asceticism through which they can become worthy of going to heaven and so they have a very rigorous ethical code regarding the earning of money.

Maybe the_good_life can explain better what Weber is saying...

Even if you believe that every dollar you earn must be pure , it's not like you broke a divine law and now you are cursed. If god exists than I'm 100% sure that he doesn't care about your driving speed . You just broke a human convention, big deal; thats not immoral, although the authorities would like you to believe that .
    Last edited by Luca; 18th July 2006 at 04:02 PM.

LOL….the posts have been a real laugh so far, as for Markinlondons post, I might follow his style but with my luck I might catch a STD .

And to Luca LOL…., you are talking to a guy that hates religion, and no I don’t even follow a religion. But I enjoyed reading your post. I think it’s just part of my character, if I don’t think I deserve something through hard work, I can’t seem to enjoy it fully. It just fells so much better if you actually work hard for it. If I walked into that courtroom and kick some serious ass, and won my case, I'd be loading up on the smellies now to celebrate. Even in that case I knew I was breaking the law and won, I would of like to beat the system and fell that. As you can see, I'm actually more evil then you thought. I won but on deflaut so I don't fell so good about that.

We’ll see what happens…I’ll live it up and see what goes.
    Last edited by nsamadi; 19th July 2006 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pas2iche
    life is short. seriously. you should make yourself happy by buying a beautiful new fragrance (or two). then, if there's money left over, take a friend to lunch. simple as that...
    I agree with this suggestion, which sounds like the best to me.