Code of Conduct

Default New: Lanvin Rumeur.

From Cosmeticnews.com

Name: Rumeur
    Brand: Lanvin (Inter Parfums SA)
    Nose: Francis Kurkdjian (Takasago)

Rumeur is a woody floral musk fragrance.
    top: magnolia
    heart: white rose, jasmine and orange tree blossom
    base: patchouli and musk

Launch in Europe in September, exclusive to Saks Fitfth Avenue in the USA.

PS: We have now the confirmation that Rumeur is not a re-edition of the vintage Lanvin fragrance..

Unhappy Re: New: Lanvin Rumeur.

Ah well, it might smell nice anyway. Thanks for the info.

Default Re: New: Lanvin Rumeur.

Quote Originally Posted by cedriceccentric
    PS: We have now the confirmation that Rumeur is not a re-edition of the vintage Lanvin fragrance..
    I don't like this recycling-old-names-for-new-frags trend at all.

The most ridiculous example was the rather recent one with Armani Mania: because the original Mania wasn't a commercial success they had hoped for, they made a "foolproof" non-offensive run-of-the-mill juice, changed the colour of the bottle and the juice and launched it again!

But as always: thanks for the latest news from the fragrance front, Cedric!
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Could sign my name under every word of Tigrushka.

of course it's not a re-edition. Not of the original Rumeur, anyway! but it seems it's very very much Narciso Rodriguez lookalike. That's what Interparfum wanted, that's why the took Kurkdjian, the nose who created Narciso.

Angry Re: New: Lanvin Rumeur.

I was truly hoping for reissues of the old beautiful Lanvins. I loved them so. On ebay, a while back, I bought a 4 bottle set of 1/4 oz parfums which included Rumeur. Very lovely with all of them having a complex base that I don't see too much today. Maybe with the move toward synthetics a reissue would have been disappointing anyway, but I must admit I'm not even interested in a regurgitation of an NR

Here is the ad as seen on WWD.com

I've never smelled the old Rumeur, but I knew upon first sniff that this wasn't it. It was so...ordinary. White flowers here, some magnolia there, ho-hum. Didn't get much patchouli. AND, to make it worse, it turned antiseptic on me. It's more floral to me than the Narciso Rodriguez is, but both fragrances have a similar, off-putting drydown.

I really didn't like it at all. Too sharp, too common...a rehash of many of the "white flowers" scents that are already abundant. I won't be getting this one

I do love the old Rumeur, as well as the other Lanvin scents (esp. Scandal) so I, too, am annoyed at this renaming. The new scent is pretty, I guess, but not something I would wear. Lancome did a much better job on their reissues (of course, they didn't try to reissue Cuir)

Talking Re: New: Lanvin Rumeur.

There was a full page ad for this in last week's NYTImes. I ordered it from Saks. THe notes sounded great. I got it THurs. No idea why it took so long. I have to say I could not stand it, horrid and my husband who usually likes everything I wear, when I asked him, he said it smelled horrid, So I packed it up and back it went to Saks. I am sure some people will like it but there was some note in there that was not nice at all???NM

Rumeur smells somewhere in between the blockbusters Narciso Rodriguez and SJP's Lovely. I think will many of these "Nouveau chypre" clones the coming seasons.