Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Cartier Santos vs. Santos Concentree

Quote Originally Posted by CHSeifert View Post
    I must have bought a fake then.

Antaeus i enjoy highly. Santos regular EDT gives me 8-10 hours solid longevity, Antaeus 12-14 hours - but that's it.

They don't smell anywhere close to my nose. Antaeus reminds me of a combi of Van Cleef & Arpel ph and Aramis Havana.

Santos Regular EDT reminds me of a combo of Aramis Pour Homme, Lagerfeld Classic and Bvlgari Blv Homme (the soapy powder herb note)

Do I have a fake Santos ?

I paid $54 for the 100 ml at Beauty Encounter - and all other bottles from them have been legit, but I don't get anything even close to Antaeus in my Santos, not close ?!?
    I read some basenote members that told about recent reformulation and water down of santos. I got one at the store and did a "head to head" comparison antaeus versus santos at that time, one in right wrist and other in the left wrist. Santos disappointed me just because of longevity, it lasted just few hours. I think some fonds of santos are a bit disappointed now, but i kind like it. It´s spicy dries down after an hour to a powder smell that doesn´t "offend" as concentree. But weirdly, now i only have concentree... and enjoy it too, but has nothing to do with that "new" santos... (They say concentree is now more like old santos, so maybe you have one before that reformulation)

Quote Originally Posted by voidvader View Post
    I read some basenote members that told about recent reformulation and water down of santos. I got one at the store and did a "head to head" comparison antaeus versus santos at that time, one in right wrist and other in the left wrist. Santos disappointed me just because of longevity, it lasted just few hours. I think some fonds of santos are a bit disappointed now, but i kind like it. It´s spicy dries down after an hour to a powder smell that doesn´t "offend" as concentree. But weirdly, now i only have concentree... and enjoy it too, but has nothing to do with that "new" santos... (They say concentree is now more like old santos, so maybe you have one before that reformulation)
    So what you say is that I in fact should appreciate the powdery herby smell in my Santos, since it might be an old bottle before the reformulation

I just tried it the last 2 days, and it sort of grows a bit on me now - i still dislike the opening, which I find very powdery, as said almost like Bvlgari BLV POur Homme. But as long as I don't overspray it, it kind of smells pretty nice as long as I don't spray it above my chest, because to me this frag is pretty strong in the opening causing it to feel a bit cloying to me......

I even tried to blend it with Lagerfeld Classic and it smelt very nice.
    Regards
    Claus The Danish Viking

Can someone confirm that the Concentree version is now discontinued? It's very hard to find..

I was told about 8 months ago that it was going to be discontinued but it appears as though that's not (yet?) the case. Easily found at Bloomingdale's (that's about a month ago, when I bought a just-in-case backup bottle), Saks, even on the Cartier website and, of course, there's plenty of it on ebay.
    Currently wearing: Agar Attar by Agar Aura

Its not discontinued but its nothing compared to what it was. The IFRA rules have totally ruined this fragrance IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatstraw2 View Post
    I was told about 8 months ago that it was going to be discontinued but it appears as though that's not (yet?) the case. Easily found at Bloomingdale's (that's about a month ago, when I bought a just-in-case backup bottle), Saks, even on the Cartier website and, of course, there's plenty of it on ebay.
    Even Harrods London that is supposed to have "everything" , didn't have it. I saw that Fragrancenet still have it, but only the old style bottle.