Code of Conduct

Default Anybody try the new CdG Gorilla 1 + 2 yet?

Well?

M
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Default Re: Anybody try the new CdG Gorilla 1 + 2 yet?

I got samples from Luckyscent. I'd heard #2 was the more masculine so I tried it last night. Ughhh! Put a whole vial on my freshly cleansed chest. I was not impressed. Not a scrubber but not exciting. Reminded me of a bad vetiver and perm solution.

I think I'll hold off on trying #1. Think I'll try Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge tonight.

Last night tried Viloressi Alamut and yum!!!! Kinda like a Lutens but just kept on developing and evolving. Can't wait to give it a full wear.

Guerrilla 1 has a wierd opening. Some green, floral, I would say a bit of leather, too, but it is def. not a very pleasant smell. Then sweeter floral (champaca?) emerges mixed with a very strong blk pepper note. Well, it is hot and cold at the same time, makes me think of a warm tropical night.

G2 is more "linear", sweet, fruity, spicy with a twist. It could be one of the REDs as well. Pink pepper, tuberose, rasberry. Reminds me of Red Rose:-)

G2 is def. easier to wear. But I am learning towards the blk G1 one:-)

I've tried them. They'er strange. They are'nt terrible, but yet they are repulsive. Ugly but compelling. The drydowns, however, are somehow blah, synthetic and interesting at the same time.. Of course, we'er talking CDG here. Schizoid disorder in a bottle.

Here's my impressions.....

Guerilla #1: Take Dry Clean, Harissa and Lily, mix them together.

Guerilla #2: Mix Rose, Nomad Tea and Rhubarb. Oh, and maybe throw in a little CDG #3 for that tinge of grassy, OFF brand insect repellent note.

Smelling them from the vial, they are both complex and very potent, but on the skin, after a while they lack a certain depth. I like #2, for it seems to be alittle bit dark and more masculine on the drydown.

They are both worth trying, especially if you are a CDG fan. I've wanted to try them for a while and now that I have, I'm somewhat disappointed.
    It's like revisiting certain scents they have already come out with. Maybe the designer used existing CDG scents (Leaves, Red and Synthetic series primarily)...for inspiration. I will save them for the cooler months. They could be better for cold weather, so....not all is lost.

In a nutshell? Guerilla 1 and 2 are pretty much wierd forals that I can't connect with. I'll keep trying them. Who know's? They may become a pair of my favorites.

S
    Last edited by stevolution; 21st July 2006 at 01:42 AM.

I got my samples from Luckyscent a few days ago. It's getting harder and harder for me to judge from these small sample vials ... but I definitely like #1 better than #2. I think it's the rhubarb in #2 that makes it too feminine to me.

I have to say though, neither has a big "WOW" factor to me and ... especially considering the price ... I doubt either will be a future purchase.

On a completely different note ... my sample of Lonestar Memories from Luckyscent I found to be absolutely amazing! Definitely a future purchase.

Just posted a semi review of #2 under Blind buys can be fun. I really like #2...a lot. I don't find it too feminine at all, and really love the drydown, which has a woodsy/fruity edge, made more masculine by the addition of the vetiver. I'm a big fan of raspberries in general, so having it as a note in a men's fragrance appeals to me very much.

I tried my samples again today. I'm starting to warm up to them. The #2 is more appealing to me than the #1. I've decided my new CDG scent this year will be Harissa. I've wanted that one since last year, so I went ahead and got it.

Like Ziffy312, I also think Lonestar Memories is a pretty amazing scent. I've ordered two samples by mistake, but that's o.k., I'd rather have two!
    I may get LM for myself when the holidays come around.
    I also got a L'air du Desert Marocain sample. It's nice, but boy is it light!
    Luckyscent is so much fun for an "aldehyde junky" like myself

S

I got my samples from Lucky Scent in the mail today. I sniffed them both briefly and i'm wearing Guerrilla 2 atm. I must say that Guerilla 2 was kind of a let down. I do not pick up the peppery scents at all and the musk and vetiver are veeeeery subtle, too subtle really.

The dominating tones on my skin is a very synthetic raspberry and the tuberose. Reminds me of a very cheap red berry showergel i used when i was 10. Id give this maybe 1,5/5. Probably on of the worst CdG-scents i've tried so far.

Actually i think i have to go wash it off and try 1 instead.

Anybody try the new CdG Gorilla 1 + 2 yet?
    Is this a new release in response to Lutens MKK?!? Something that could like to musky_monkey?
    Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by petersays
    I got my samples from Lucky Scent in the mail today. I sniffed them both briefly and i'm wearing Guerrilla 2 atm. I must say that Guerilla 2 was kind of a let down. I do not pick up the peppery scents at all and the musk and vetiver are veeeeery subtle, too subtle really.

The dominating tones on my skin is a very synthetic raspberry and the tuberose. Reminds me of a very cheap red berry showergel i used when i was 10. Id give this maybe 1,5/5. Probably on of the worst CdG-scents i've tried so far.

Actually i think i have to go wash it off and try 1 instead.
    ...and welcome Peter, the first of my sniffing friends to actually come forward and finally post here! Well, one of my only good smelling friends I believe... I wondered if you had said something in this thread when I opened it actually.

I'm off to smell your samples now.