Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: What should we wear for SSD??

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bulgari Black

17 18.48%
  • Mugler Cologne

19 20.65%
  • L'artisan Voleur de Roses

17 18.48%
  • Burberry Brit

6 6.52%
  • Gucci PH

7 7.61%
  • Gucci Envy

10 10.87%
  • Dolce & Gabanna PH

3 3.26%
  • L'artisan D'zing

13 14.13%

Blog Entries

Default Official Scent Synch Day Thread

OK gang, over the past couple days, here are the suggestions for Scent Synchronization Day. I wish we could've gotten more responses, but hopefully now that we've narrowed it down, more people will participate in voting.

Mods, can we get this stickied, please?
    Last edited by CologneJunkie; 19th July 2006 at 01:01 AM.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Default Re: Official Scent Synch Day Thread

I would have picked Mugler Cologne but I don't own it. I want something for a hot day and VdR is the next best thing that I own. I don't have D&G either...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EnvYuS
    I would have picked Mugler Cologne but I don't own it. I want something for a hot day and VdR is the next best thing that I own. I don't have D&G either...
    Yeah, the good thing is that many basenoters are so gracious about donating samples. I'd be down for donating samples if one of the frags I have gets picked. I don't own VdR, but I've always been curious about it, so SSD would be a good time to try this one out for me . Unfortunately though, even though it's widely hailed at Basenotes, I'm sure there aren't a whole bunch of people who actually own this one so a lot of people will have to rely on obtaining samples if this gets chosen.

I don't know if this is true but I think that one of the problems is that people will just choose whatever is on the list based on if they have a sample, decant or bottle of that scent.

I think that L'artisan Voleur de Roses would be the most interesting choice. That is the one I would like to wear for as SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by CologneJunkie
    I don't own VdR, but I've always been curious about it, so SSD would be a good time to try this one out for me . Unfortunately though, even though it's widely hailed at Basenotes, I'm sure there aren't a whole bunch of people who actually own this one so a lot of people will have to rely on obtaining samples if this gets chosen.
    And that's why I voted for Mugler Cologne... I don't own Voleur de Roses.
    Celebrating 10 years on Basenotes - and smelling better than ever

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Hehe, I only have the two Guccis, so its Envy for me!

Well I picked the one I had that I hadn't worn lately. (Dzing!)

I only have a few of these so I hope I'll be able to participate!

I picked VdR even though I don't like it because I really need an incentive to go get a sample and re-wear this one. I think I'm heading down to Essenza tomorrow anyways, so i can pick up a sample of VdR among other things. I hope I have a change of heart with this one!

I voted for Mugler Cologne, since I have it, like it, and it fits the season. But my first choice would be Kouros--I think it would be fun to make the SSD fragrance something that is so frequently discussed and which people have such strong opinions about.

My feeling is NOT to make the SSD fragrance a niche offering, especially since the last one was a Creed.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmellsLike
    My feeling is NOT to make the SSD fragrance a niche offering, especially since the last one was a Creed.

Ooh...this IS a good point...and the point of SSD isn't necessarily to wear a unanimous favorite scent, but to wear something that many people own...

Perhaps, the whole SSD idea is to share: your smell, thoughts, opinions, empty bottles or filled vials. On the second thought, I can pull D&G PH if it gets most votes, I used to steal it from Mr.Twolf before it got so dangerously low in the bottle.

I just picked up Bvlgari Black today after reading about it on the other SSD thread we had going. I'd been wanting to pick it up for a while, and just my luck it was recently reduced to $22 for the 2.5oz bottle at Ross. Does anyone else see (er... smell) the similarity to Gucci's Envy in this one (not like that's a bad thing at all... I love Envy)? It'd be nice to see this win, but I was really thinking something a bit lighter would be nice for this hot hot summer here in the States.

I voted for Mugler Cologne because it's very hot at the moment in Belgium, but I'd also agree with Bulgari Black, Voleur de Roses and Dzing!

My own whishes when it comes to the SSD is to make a lot of people wear something out of the ordinary, something not commonly smelled on people around you. I also hope people don't just vote on the easy answer, but take time to read about the other fragrances they are not familiar with here. Maybe it is finally time to try one of them and dwell deeper into the world of perfumes?

I really like Mugler Cologne, but I also see it as such a safe bet here. For me it would be more fun if something a bit more "out there" got picked. The majority decides though, so whatever gets picked, I'm wearing on the SSD!

I think that if everyone wears VdR, it would make this world a bit more beautiful
    place, just for one day.

Thumbs up Re: Official Scent Synch Day Thread

Bvlgari Black
    David and Becca forever!!

Well...I hope that if something like VdR or D'z wins that you will all open up your collections to samples for the rest of us? Is there a good inexpensive place to get L'Artisan samples.

I voted Bvlgari black...not only because it's in my wardrobe...around here, if you wear something like Bvlgari black, you certainly stand out....This is AdG country, hell even GIT or Burberry Brit is standing out...and I love standing out! =) Imagine what Odeur 53 or Kouros does around here....=)

I voted Mugler Cologne, only one I got. The VdR sounds interesting though, gonna read up on it a bit.

Mugler Cologne. I then have an excuse to buy! Besides, it's rare when I use something fresh.

Envy of course

I'm up for any of these ... however ... if Mugler Cologne wins ... instead of buying it, I'll be wearing Creed OV which is absolutely IDENTICAL to MC ... to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by ziffy321
    I'm up for any of these ... however ... if Mugler Cologne wins ... instead of buying it, I'll be wearing Creed OV which is absolutely IDENTICAL to MC ... to my nose.
    That's cool; I wore Floris JF on the Creed GIT day.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP