Code of Conduct

Default I don't agree with this article...

http://perfumesmellinthings.blogspot...ime.html#links

It basically says that american women have less taste in fragrance wearing than european ones.
    Maybe the author didn't smell the REALLY heavy cloying vanilla/spicy winter fragrances that some women here have literally bathed themself in in this summer period.
    I know an american teacher who teaches english at my university who has really nice taste in fragrance wearing, she smells delightful and always gives you just a hint of her fragrance.

Default Re: I don't agree with this article...

I didn't get the impression that the writer was implying that U.S. women have less taste. She was comparing a European woman ( a Parisienne ) to an American woman. Tina simply suggested that U.S. women tend to be 'demure' and more inhibited when wearing strong, potent fragrances specially in the workplace. It did not imply having "less taste". At least, that's my interpretation of the article. I will have to agree, European women tend to be more brazen and unequivocable when choosing and wearing fragrances.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Default Re: I don't agree with this article...

Quote Originally Posted by aubrgene
    I didn't get the impression that the writer was implying that U.S. women have less taste. She was comparing a European woman ( a Parisienne ) to an American woman. Tina simply suggested that U.S. women tend to be 'demure' and more inhibited when wearing strong, potent fragrances specially in the workplace. It did not imply having "less taste". At least, that's my interpretation of the article. I will have to agree, European women tend to be more brazen and unequivocable when choosing and wearing fragrances.
    ditto