Code of Conduct

Default longevity rating?

When i use a fragrance for the first time, i use to smell it the whole day. But a few days later i can`t detect it for more then 1-2 hours,. Why is that?
    Today i`m wearing Mugler Cologne for the first time. Its been 6 hours since i applied it, and it still smells very strong on me. I feel it whenever i move. How can i rate the longevity on this one? I know i wont be able to detect it in 2-3 days.

Default Re: longevity rating?

Your nose becomes used to the smell, I think it's called olifactory fatigue. I think the best way to rate its longevity is measuring it on the first day of the spree. Just remember how long you were able to smell it today and wear some other colognes for the rest of the week. Repeat this next week and after a few 'first impressions' you should have a pretty good idea

One of our members here, Milamber wrote an objective and informative post on the subject of longevity. Hope you find it helpful.
    http://community.basenotes.net/showt...=173523&page=6
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

Thank you aubrgene!
    Very intresting post! Too bad i didnt find TM Cologne there..
    I think i will give TM Cologne ** or *** in longevity.
    Never thought Mugler could last that long, a lot of members says it wont last.

It sounds like it deserves at least three stars from you, if not four. Why are you considering giving it two? For a fresh, light scent like TMC to last 6+ hours is mighty impressive and certainly deserves recognition.

Yes, but i`m doing this the milamberway. Three stars = scent will last beyond 8 hours and two stars = scent will last from 4 - 8 hours.
    I might give it three stars because it still smelled very strong when i went to bed yesterday 8 hrs since application

Oh. I didn't know you were using that system. I don't like to use that system though, as I find it rather constricting. I like to give a little bit of leeway to scents that are light, and reward them for having good lasting power. But c'mon, how could 7 or 8 hours equal 2 stars???

Well, the milamberway runs from one star (scent will last from 1 to 3 hours) to three stars (scent will last beyond 8 hours). But if i had to rate this scent the traditional way, i would have to give it four or five stars.

If it has the same power as Original Vetiver (which it resembles according to some), I'd give it a 4 out of 5: 6 to 8 hours of pure bliss.

Davido, I just figured out why there is so much confusion. The wardrobe rankings are out of 5 stars, whereas the categories in Milamber's reviews are out of 3 stars. So basically don't use Milamber's rating system when posting stars in the wardrobe, cuz it won't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    Davido, I just figured out why there is so much confusion. The wardrobe rankings are out of 5 stars, whereas the categories in Milamber's reviews are out of 3 stars. So basically don't use Milamber's rating system when posting stars in the wardrobe, cuz it won't make sense.
    Ok my friend