Code of Conduct

View Poll Results: Which one is better to wear?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bermuda Tonic

6 35.29%
  • Aqua Motu

11 64.71%

Question Help me decide - Aqua Motu or Bermuda Tonic

On my search for a scent to wear this summer... ok, it's not like I have nothing to wear but I am searching for something new, something I didn't wear before and I generally keep my scents subtle, natural, least perfumey.. blah blah...

I found Bermuda Tonic on one of the shelves here in Vienna and has only one bottle left, unfortunately they didn't have a tester, which is a bummer because I am into summery scents with a tropical feel to them this summer. I am very curious how it smells. If you tried it please let me know how it is, I know that it is limited or seasonal but I didn't dig out much in my search either...

second, I like Aqua Motu CSP very much, I am not into aquatics at the moment but its drydown got me intrigued plus it smells kinda true to nature.

Your input is very appreciated (other suggestions r welcome as well)
    Last edited by perfectscent; 19th July 2006 at 10:10 PM.

Default Re: Help me decide - Aqua Motu or Bermuda Tonic

If you are considering an alternative to CSP Aqua Motu, you just HAVE to sample Montale Sandflowers. It is extremely close to Aqua Motu, but is without the kind of disgusting bi-product feel the CSP has. There is just something wrong with Aqua Motu, which stands out very clear once you try Sandflowers. And it lasts, and lasts and lasts! After a nights sleep I could still feel it very strong from my wrist where I had dabbed the sample!

I'm contemplating wether I should get rid of my newely requried Aqua Motu and change it into the Montale, because even though way more expensive, also sooo much better.
    Last edited by shifts; 20th July 2006 at 09:32 AM.

Since you know you like the Aqua Motu, why not go with that? It seems the smart choice since you've never smelled (and can't smell) the Bermuda Tonic. Aqua Motu!

I've said it before, I don't know what it is about Aqua Motu, but the only fragrance I've been upset with as everytime I give it another shot, it gives me a headache. It's kinda like the SNL skit where Tom Hanks keeps offering everyone to sniff and drink the sour milk....I try and try again, but it still gives me a headache...

Interesting replies, thank you.

i love the motu, but i have never tried sandflowers.

The reason i love the motu so much is because it is one of the only TRUE aquatics out there. My daughter says i smell like a penguin from london zoo, and its true!

Th real reason i love motu is because you can really layer it with other frags. citrus or floral in summer and woods or spice in winter.

I think the nasty note is salt. Their is actually salt in the bottle! i am sure. My last one i finished has a very thick salt sludge at the bottom.

i love my motu. my summer holy grail.

but i am yet to try sandflowers! cant get it in the uk, and montale havnt sent a sample
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Yo Mark, our good friend Vijay Maisonstinky ships samples/bottles across the pond, and surely enough he carries Montale.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    Yo Mark, our good friend Vijay Maisonstinky ships samples/bottles across the pond, and surely enough he carries Montale.
    I would hate to bother Vijay again, he was extremely nice to send me samples of geir

Now what's the scoop on Bermuda Tonic, worth it?

Mare by Creative Universe

There for a while I was really a big fan of the Aramis limited edition Summer frags like Bermuda Tonic. However, the last couple have been questionable, in my humble opinion. I haven't tried it but I thought about getting a bottle on ebay but that was before I realized that I can imagine that just about any fragrance is going to be a good one and then when it arives, it sucks! So, the new rule around here is to buy "NOTHING" without sampling first. There are many good aquatics out there like Mare and Sandflowers, which get lots of good feedback. The Bermuda Tonic on the other hand is a big mystery. There is probably a reason for this.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I had a bottle of Motu years ago and found it very heavy. To me, even though it is an aquatic, it is more of a Fall fragrance.

I would give my vote to Bermuda Tonic. I find most of the CSP fragrances to be pretty synthetic smelling. Most of their scents remind me of scratch and sniff versions of the intended scent.
    I actually gave my bottle of Bermuda Tonic to a friend who was looking for a summer scent and he has received many compliments on it.