Code of Conduct

Unhappy This week in scents

Three different orders, from three different places, all go terribly wrong. Order number one from beautifulperfumes/perfumebay replaces my John Varvatos mini with a Kenneth Cole mini. Not a big deal because I already know what Varvatos smells like but I didnt want to commit to buying a normal sized bottle in the middle of the summer. Anyway I found the Kenneth Cole quite acceptable if not likeable and did not complain. Therefore, I sought my John Varvatos elsewhere, an ebay store that had executed a Basala transaction flawlessly. Since I trust them a bit I begin to think its time to test a few Creeds, so I order Millesime Imperial, Acier Aluminum, Himalaya, and Epicea sample vials along with the John Varvatos. Order arrives and everything is going well until I find there is no Epicea but two Acier Aluminums. Compounding my anger is the fact that my first impression of Acier Aluminum is that it smells like my great grandmothers old apartment. I got a credit for the duplicate vial and I have been wearing Acier Aluminum all day and I am starting to like it more and more. Last order, from Scentiments was because I wanted some Gendarme and I was almost out of Blugari Blv. $17 for a tester? Hey, I already have a cap, it's a no brainer. The order arrives and I can smell a faint smell coming from the box as I carry it up the stairs. Once I get it open it is pretty obvious the Gendarme has exploded. The Bulgari Blv is just fine since the glass is 1/4 inch thick. Reported the broken Gendarme this morning no hassle at all, received the tracking info for the replacement by the evening. Hectic, but all is well this week in scents.

Default Re: This week in scents

I'm having the same week. One order is lost in the mail and three orders seem to be late shipping out. Kinda sux. I just had a wisdom tooth pulled and was looking forward to some new scents. On the plus side though, I did get my 3.4oz M7 Fresh replacement in the mail yesterday from a broken bottle recieved about a month ago and a sample package from Hermes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trioxin
    I'm having the same week. One order is lost in the mail and three orders seem to be late shipping out. Kinda sux. I just had a wisdom tooth pulled and was looking forward to some new scents. On the plus side though, I did get my 3.4oz M7 Fresh replacement in the mail yesterday from a broken bottle recieved about a month ago and a sample package from Hermes.
    The tooth pulling in and of itself makes it worse! But the funny thing is that I have never had a problem with anything that I have ordered via the internet and on average I get about two packages a week. But I guess fragrances are a differnent beast. Glass bottles make for easy breakage and small vials filled with clear liquid and differentiated with shiny writing make for easy mixups. Somehow I don't believe this will be the last time I will be having a problem.

Probably not. I've been lucky and have only had two broken bottles so far. Hermes did mix up my samples though, and the one I really wanted to try didn't get sent. I"m guessing its pretty common, But considering the size of the samples they did send, I really can't bitch.