Code of Conduct

Talking Gaultier2=Eau de Dr Pepper?

Is it just me, or does Gaultier2 have a slight hint of Dr Pepper in it? You know, the "blend of 23 original flavors" that was once called "the most misunderstood soft drink in America"?

Personally, I see that Dr Pepper has a nice big dose of vanilla and spices in it, as does Gaultier2, so that's where the similarities strike me. And, to be honest, I love the taste of Dr Pepper, so that must be why I like Gaultier2 a lot, too.

So, I issue a challenge to you (not the Pepsi Challenge): As soon as Gaultier2 hits a department store near you, spritz some on. Then, go to the mall food court and order a Dr Pepper. You'll probably see the similarity once you drink the Dr Pepper.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Default Re: Gaultier2=Eau de Dr Pepper?

I don`t see any similarities, sorry. I get Dr. Pepper out of M7 or let`s say, Joop! Homme. (that is very bitter-almondy/cherry-like, imo)

To me G2 smells very much like this one specific bubblegum I know. (it is a pink, mixed-fruits flavoured gum in a tube)

I get Dr. Pepper out of M7 Shower gel and also out of Etro's Messe de Minuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    Etro's Messe de Minuit.
    I really do have to try this one. I`ve heard so much these interesting opinions...

Sidenote: I like Dr.Pepper alot, but then, who wouldn`t??!!

Don't notice any similarities either, but I'll take the challenge since I love Dr. Pepper and like the Gaultier.

Quote Originally Posted by Indie_Guy
    I get Dr. Pepper out of M7 Shower gel and also out of Etro's Messe de Minuit.
    I have not tried Gaultier 2 but I agree about M7 shower gel. There is definitely a Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pib thing going on there.

I will third the M7 shower gel-Dr. Pepper comparison.
    M7 shower gel rocks!

KO
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

i didnt like g2.

Its been in the uk for a while, initial burst of people who bought it, now diiapearing from view in a lot of shops. wont be a classic like 1.

tooooooo much vanilla going on. like an ice cream bath!
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

I agree that Gaultier 2 smells more like bubblegum.

I prefer Mr. Pib to Dr. Pepper, and like G2 less than either. But I will take up your challenge MFfan, just for the helluvit.

I don't know if the taste of Dr Pepper is different over here in the UK, but to me it tastes of cherry. From G2, I just get vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    I don't know if the taste of Dr Pepper is different over here in the UK, but to me it tastes of cherry. From G2, I just get vanilla.
    Yes, the taste of UK Dr Pepper is very different from US Dr Pepper.

The US Dr Pepper is more of a spicy vanillic drink, while the UK Dr Pepper is more of a cherry cola (like Cherry Coke is here in the States).
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

Thanks for the confirmation MFfan. I actually have some DP in the fridge, wish it was the US version, it sounds much more appealing.

When this launches I'll take the challenge. This thread brightened my day. Even if they are not alike...this thread brought a smile and a laugh....really enjoyed this thread.
    Gary

Sorry to be negative, but I have to say how much I dislike this frag. It is like bubble gum, the type that tastes of chemical additives and stuff. Really horrible to my nose. The only thing I can think of that is worse is Le Male.

Good longevity mind you. That sickening odour persisted for hours after repeated arm-scrubbings.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

i agree 100% with that! didnt like it at all , and you can smell it for days!

Quote Originally Posted by GenuineImitationLife
    Sorry to be negative, but I have to say how much I dislike this frag. It is like bubble gum, the type that tastes of chemical additives and stuff. Really horrible to my nose. The only thing I can think of that is worse is Le Male.

Good longevity mind you. That sickening odour persisted for hours after repeated arm-scrubbings.
    In a not clear moment of mind I bought it before Xmas. I used up 2/3 of the 20ml with less and less enthusiasm. Now I think no more single drop would be used of it. I don't know if it's bubblegumish, but now I feel that it is the most synthetic smell I've come across in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by MFfan310
    Yes, the taste of UK Dr Pepper is very different from US Dr Pepper.

The US Dr Pepper is more of a spicy vanillic drink, while the UK Dr Pepper is more of a cherry cola (like Cherry Coke is here in the States).
    This is interesting and something I indeed did not know. In Finland Dr. Pepper tastes very, very much like bitter-almond (= strong, concentrated cherry).

I'm curious.....with all the "synthetic" and "bubblegum" references does G2 remind anybody of Diesel Zero Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by snakesandladders
    I'm curious.....with all the "synthetic" and "bubblegum" references does G2 remind anybody of Diesel Zero Plus?
    I've never tried that, but the name alone sounds horrific.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

its not like zero plus, more body shop vanilla with a ton of marshmallows with more vanilla and a splash of amen, and some oil that goes sticky after an hour!

Actually, if you really wanted an Eau de DrPepper, we'd need to figure out what ingredient they put in the Dr Pepper flavored Jelly Bellys to make them smell like the soda. I think the smell match is about 50% of what fools your mind into thinking that the Jelly Bellys taste exactly of Dr Pepper.

What's kind of funny is it's slightly tough to pin down the Dr Pepper scent.

Vanilla is in there, and some sort of fig/date note, caramel notes as well..hmm.