Code of Conduct

Default For casual wear, street wear (i.e. jeans) ?

So many fragrances I smell feel like they should be worn with at least a shirt and tie or at least a button down shirt abd slacks. What are some fragrances that can be more casual and wouldnt be out of place when you don a pair of jeans and a shirt or polo? I certainly dont think I have any in my wardrobe.

Default Re: For casual wear, street wear (i.e. jeans) ?

Mugler Cologne
    Creed SMW
    Creed GIT
    and lots more

Any fresh frag is great with jeans but there are a lot of exeptions. Dzing for example.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    WANTED buy/swap: Creed "Acier Aluminum" , L'Occitane "Eav des Bavx", Comme Des Garcons stuff especially "Dry Clean"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Current Top 10: TM Cologne, Mark Birley, Dzing, Vetiver Extraordinaire, Geir, Divine's "L'Homme de Coeur", Penhaligons 'Endymion",
    Creed Original Vetiver, Diptique Tam Dao, Hugo Boss "Spirit"

Do you think you could post your wardrobe? That would help a lot. While I see what you mean about scents coming off as formal, I can't exactly relate. Maybe you have overall more formal scents than me, because I feel fine wearing anything of mine any time. I would say that in general oriental scents come as as more formal, so maybe watch out for that. I think that green/earthy/citrusy/whatever scents are great with jeans. Some quality examples that come to mind are Terre d'Hermes and Phylosykos.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giraffe
    Terre d'Hermes and Phylosykos.
    Well they're both on my top five! They go especially well with jeans and casual, but I've worn both of those to work (in smart suit and polo shirt) several times now and enjoyed them in that attire also.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

i wear jeans almost every day, and i wear anything from mugler cologne to chergui to dior's eau noire.

Quote Originally Posted by pas2iche
    i wear jeans almost every day, and i wear anything from mugler cologne to chergui to dior's eau noire.
    Those three are top notch scents :-)
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Zino davidoff is a great jeans and t frag! super sillage.
    coor blimey mary poppins, is that Aqua Motu or the penguins?

Cant you look at my wardrobe under my profile? I dont have that many, so it wouldnt be hard to list them. Let me know.

What comes to my mind from my wardrobe is Clinique Happy, FCUK Him, CdG Series Red Harissa, Aqua Motu, Monsieur Balmain, Eau d'Orange Verte, Sisley Eau de Campagne.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

it may be unseasonal, but Burberry Brit comes to my mind

miracle homme and allure homme come to mind.

Versace Baby Blue Jeans

Blog Entries

I second Happy and Mugler Cologne, and will add Burberry Weekend, Ken Cole Reaction, Azzaro Chrome, L'eau D'Issey.

Of course I too mostly wear jeans & wear a variety of things.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

I think my wardrobe should work now. If not, http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/5438
    Last edited by Borky; 22nd July 2006 at 04:59 AM.

Overcome By Fumes

Eh, I pretty much believe any fragrance CAN be worn with any clothes. That being said, I think L'Artisan Fou d'Absinthe is a great t-shirt, jeans, and sneakers 'fume.

Christian Dior's

Bois D' Argent -- great for casual wear.
    "A great perfume is a work of art, it can lift our days, haunt our nights and create the milestones of our memories. Fragrance is liquid emotion. And that never goes out of fashion. " MICHAEL EDWARDS

From Borky's drobe, D&G Masculine, Himalaya and Kenzo PH are great for jeans in the day and the rest would be fine in the evenings.

For casual wear and jeans, I suggest: Guerlain Vetiver

You wear the fragrance; the fragrance doesn't wear you. If you remember that, everything will go with jeans and a t-shirt.

They get little respect, but a lot of the Hilfiger and Calvin Klein scents are perfect for casual, lazy-weekend wear. But anything fresh, green, or (if you must) aquatic would do the trick, I figure.

That said, I too wear jeans nearly every day and routinely spritz on "formal" scents. It offers a nice contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by docluv45 View Post
    I pretty much believe any fragrance CAN be worn with any clothes.
    Me too

i feel as if there is a large selection of colognes that can be worn with casual clothes, a lot of the designer ones will do you well enough. I would recommend mayb some aquatics or green and citrus frags. Possibly consider versace man eau fraiche, leau d issey, cool water, kenneth cole reaction, lacoste essential. Stuff liek that

john varvatos vintage and artisan
    z zegna

I agree with those who believe any fragrance will work under whichever circumstance you choose. Weather conditions dictate fragrance choice to me much more than my wardrobe. I tend to be a casual dresser (chinos and sport shirts) so I'm good with any fragrance I choose.

Quote Originally Posted by mentallo View Post
    Mugler Cologne
    Creed SMW
    Creed GIT
    and lots more

Any fresh frag is great with jeans but there are a lot of exeptions. Dzing for example.
    +1 for git

any fragrance :/ the dependent variable is the weather not the clothes
    "Nothing breaks up a team faster than.. Herpes"

-- Top --
    (1) Guerlain Tonka Imperiale (2) Creed Millesime Imperial
    (3) Creed Silver Mountain Water (4) Creed Aventus
    (5) Creed Green Irish Tweed (6) Thierry Mugler A*Men Pure Malt
    (7) Amouage Reflection Man

A few that I could mention:
    Cool Water Frozen
    Nautica Oceans
    Swiss Army Altitude
    Azzaro Chrome

Cool Water
    Kenzo - a lot of them
    I can't think..hahaha...coz there's too many.

For spring and summer days, Mugler Cologne is great; very light and fresh fragrance, great for casual wear.

Blog Entries

1) Walk into Macy's
    2) Find the clear, green, or blue-ish bottles.
    3) Pick your favorite
    4) Wear it!

I find only a handful of fragrances to be actual suit-and-tie ones. John Varvatos is the only one i find to be like that...or atleast thats how i use it haha. Darker bottles are often indicators of darker, less casual fragrances I.E. Varvatos once again. Youre gunna wanna go for more citrus, aquatics, green, or light woody fragrances as theyre much more casual than say Givenchy Pi, a woody gourmand, which i find very hard to find the appropriate situation to wear it in

Cool Re: For casual wear, street wear (i.e. jeans) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    I think my wardrobe should work now. If not, http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/5438
    Borky, you've got some great ones!
    Look, the point is you've got to feel
    A. They can be worn with jeans and
    B. They're five stars

You have zero for Havana and 3 for BB which I think is a 5 star at night but to hell with what I think--go with what you like.
    Suggestions?
    I liked the Zino one and Guerlian--but Guerlian is a 4 star for you. Try a whiff of Vetiver Extraordinaire, or Annick Goutal's
    And try Antaeus instead of BB

Himalaya can be worn with anything, and I agree 5 stars.

Foundering with D&G Masculine? Go green with Lowe para Hombre or Iskander. I wish I could say Versace L'homme but I haven't smelled it since its supposedly infamous re-formulation.

I understand where some posters are coming from re ' you can wear it with anything, etc. ' More power to them, I can't wear Dunhill 34 or Richard James with Jeans but-- whatever . . .Hm . . .I can see the potential for a triple thread hijack:

" What Frags made for women do you consider masculine enough to wear with both sandals and tuxedos in hot summer weather? "

It would probably run into the hundreds, from the inevitability of those who cannot refrain discussing how there's no such thing as feminine or masculine;
    how you should be able to wear the heaviest Orientals in a crowded elevator at 100 degrees Fahrenheit as long as you do so with panache--and aren't you being a snob by mentioning tuxedos? (or worse, petit bourgouis?) Or perhaps a reverse snob by mentioning sandals? Damn! Throw in something about Creed while we're at it! Hundreds of posts indeed!

Meanwhile, back at Planet Earth:

I've found I can lounge in luxury in jeans with the (to me) 5 star fragrances:

Le Roy Soleil Homme by Salvador Dali
    Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
    Habit Rouge---You gave it a 4
    Kolnisch Juchten by Parfums Regence

Cheers,

Mario
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Quote Originally Posted by subhuman85 View Post
    They get little respect, but a lot of the Hilfiger and Calvin Klein scents are perfect for casual, lazy-weekend wear. But anything fresh, green, or (if you must) aquatic would do the trick, I figure.
    +1 on this.
    +most sweet fragrances

I also wear jeans 99% of time and from my wardrobe everything is OK with casual clothes except of Dior Homme. This one I prefer to wear with semi formal clothing.
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

ysl rive gauche ph
    “The Sandal Tree as if to prove,
    How sweet to conquer hate by love,
    Perfumes the axe that lays it low.” Rabindranath Tagore, Indian poet.

PR 1 Million as long as it's not hot, Dunhill Desire Blue(nice cheapy), Creed MI, of course there are hundreds!

Quote Originally Posted by Borky View Post
    What are some fragrances that can be more casual and wouldnt be out of place when you don a pair of jeans and a shirt or polo? I certainly dont think I have any in my wardrobe.
    From your own collection - Habit Rouge, Vetiver, Mugler Cologne.

I tend to go with Habit Rouge, CdG Sequoia, Yatagan, Bogart ... today I'm wearing l'Anarchiste with a polo shirt and black jeans.

For what it's worth, I can't think of any l'Occitane fragrances that I've tried that wouldn't work for casual wear.

It's interesting how opinions can vary on this. I have a tendency to wear a lot of scents that to my mind are fairly formal and elegant, demanding sartorial support (DC 1913, Eucris, Windsor, Tabarome, Royal English Leather, Boucheron Pour Homme).

When I look at your wardrobe, almost all look like good casual scents to me. This is one of those areas where we all invent ourselves I think.

Totally agree. I just don't get this formal clothes only/casual clothes fragrance thing..............if you like it, just wear it, who cares??

dnc

Edit this was meant to quote docluv 45's post LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rockford View Post
    For casual wear and jeans, I suggest: Guerlain Vetiver
    Me too... among others. I find GV so versatile! Most often though, season and weather seem to have more of an impact on my choices!

Cool Water Game it is very easy to wear. A simple and uncomplicated fragrance, but its not ordinary.

Going to wear my new Chanel Antaeus in modus casual.

True Religion Men.

I agree with all the guy who are saying wear anything with jeans. I do. Still, I know what you're saying. You're talking about casual jeanswear, right? A good recommendation that doesn't get a lot of love on basenotes: Kenneth Cole Reaction. It's casual, and I've had several women compliment me on it. Like flirty, chick magnet type compliments - not to be confused with the "you really stink but I'm trying to be nice about this" compliments. Worth a try, at least. My wife bought it for me several years ago, and I still wear it now and then. I always enjoy wearing it, but I keep it only for very casual situations.

"bleu" de chanel
    kenneth cole "reaction"
    kenzo "power"

calvin klein euphoria

Bleu de Chanel, Platinum Egoiste by Chanel, L'Homme by YSL, GPH2, Boss Bottled...

frankly you can wear whatever with any clothes. I've rocked Dior Homme Intense, Tobacco Vanille no problem with jeans on, just smells good

I'd go for the gourmands and aquatics, maybe some citrus scents too.

Doesn't really change anything if I'm in 'Muftie' or not.

I wear what I want, when I want.

Maverick much?

Overcome By Fumes

Well, Borky, it's been over 6 years since you asked the question, and you still haven't found anything suitable?