Code of Conduct

Default Received Rive Gauche Today!

I think I have definately found my scent. Wow, this is just so good. I cannot stop sniffing my wrists. I think this will at least temporarily be my sig scent. Have a question though:
    The seller said it was new in box, never used. However, when I pressed the sprayer, cologne immediately came out, while usually I have to press it at least 3-4 times when its a new bottle. Was I sold a used bottle?

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really love this cologne. Now I'll have to wait till Monday when I see my gf again and see her reaction.

Default Re: Received Rive Gauche Today!

I hav ewondered about this too: when I came across some DK Fuels in a store at a good price, I snacthed them up. I turned around and sold one "NIB", but I had sprayed it 3 or 4 times, just to make sure it wasnt filled with water or any of those horrorstories you hear with sought-after discontinueds. The buyer didn't complain, but I probably would have been just as suspicious as you, georgiatechboy, had I been on the other end of the transaction. Is this unethical? Should I have billed it as "99.9% full, tested once" rather than "NIB"?

Yeah,
    I'm not sure. I would have no problem with someone testing the fragrance before sending it to me, I don't mind getting a few less sprays. I would actually prefer that to getting something full of water. I guess the only thing I was a little worried about was if it was used maybe 10-15%, because I can't see anything inside of the Rive Gauche bottle(aluminum not glass).

Hooray! You finally found something you like! After Yatagan failing miserably (I saw how fast it hit the swap list) I was a bit worried for you, so I'm glad you finally fell in love with something. If you order from Scentiments, you can get a 125ml bottle + shower gel for $40, which is a pretty good deal to keep in mind for when you order your next bottle. Oh, and apply moderately because this is definately a scent that is stronger than it seems to the wearer.

Thanks Giraffe!
    I will definately check out scentiments for my next purchase.
    Lol, I'm glad I finally found something as well...

Well, my second day wearing this and wow does it have good longevity and sillage. I put it on about 4 hours ago and it smells the same now as it did about 3 hours ago. This is not one of those colognes where you may forget you have it on, I definately am not experiencing any olfactory fatigue with this one. Every few moments I get another waft of it and its great. Haven't had an opportunity to wear it out yet, so I haven't received any feedback on it yet. Hopefully I'll hear something Monday when going to college and when I see my gf.

did you get the intense version or regular

Hey Joe,
    It is the regular version.

cool, this might be my next purchase

Yeah, its great, I'm at around 8 hours of wearing it and while it isn't very very strong, it is still going pretty good. It seems like it wakes up again every once in a while...