Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Default Monk: an addicting second glance

    I Have a new experience to let you know about Monk...some of the folks on here said they thought it was ok, thats what I thought when I posted earlier about the scent being powdery fresh when I sprayed it on my arm.....but let me tell you, I have bumped that fragrance up a couple notches way up since then......I had sprayed some on my arm earlier today and let the cologne run its course till it died off on my arm, smelled good and unique but not smashing....

    Well then I added some heat to the equation.....I got in bed to take a nap with my GF (a nap nothing else) and sprayed two spritz on my chest and got into bed......well after one tickle fight and body heat came into play and we took a 1 hour respite.....well to my suprise the body heat and little bit of perspiration from that tickle fight and napping turned the fragrance into an ANIMAL...


    The pleasing scent that I kept wafting to my nose was Monk, its smelled sexual almost, like a combination of Animalic sexual musk (toned down, not in a loud abrupt way) and unsweetened cocoa.....a very unique and addicting combination...it took my GF from saying the frag made me smell like a woman all powdery an hour earlier to sniffing my chest several times saying YUM!.....LOL I think you guys who didnt like Monk need to give it a second try with this in the equation....the first spray earlier on my arm smelled nothing like what was on my chest after a tickle fight and heat were added to the equation....the end notes after this were addicting! Two thumbs up for Monk!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Monk: an addicting second glance

    I have worn it in the heat too. It behaves very well. I really think this is a good frag and would recommend it!

    Personally I would also like to see another version with less (or no) sweetness and a little more projection (desert monk??)
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

    "Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

    reviews

  3. #3

    Default Re: Monk: an addicting second glance

    Quote Originally Posted by hirch_duckfinder
    I have worn it in the heat too. It behaves very well. I really think this is a good frag and would recommend it!

    Personally I would also like to see another version with less (or no) sweetness and a little more projection (desert monk??)
    You and I are on the exact same level here. I agree with you completely. I do still love the mystery alluded to in Monk, and was happy to buy a full bottle, but I would like some of the sweetness reduced and more importantly more projection.

  4. #4

    Post Re: Monk: an addicting second glance

    I love Monk just as it is. It's true that it doesn't project that much, but that's the very reason the slight sweatness in it isn't overbearing at all. It's extremely wearable scent, I've enjoyed it alot during summer.

    It's in my top 15.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Monk: an addicting second glance

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Ludlow
    I love Monk just as it is. It's true that it doesn't project that much, but that's the very reason the slight sweatness in it isn't overbearing at all. It's extremely wearable scent, I've enjoyed it alot during summer.

    It's in my top 15.
    I guess it is in mine too. I crave it sometimes!
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

    "Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

    reviews

  6. #6

    Default Re: Monk: an addicting second glance

    Even though I whole-heartedly believe in small independents making a big success with their perfumes, this reminds me (as I have said before on a Monk thread) of a scent sold years ago by Avon that my mom gave me. I love insence, especially myrrh and frankincense and copal, etc. This fragrance (to me) seems muddy and discordant. It's a linear fragrance with almost no development or sillage. It seems to be all base notes but...and here is the catch, there are too many base notes and that is where the muddy quality lies. I prefer the bell-like incense quality of CDG's incense series where the incense is clean and pure and not so muddled with other notes that it not only drags it down but keeps the fragrance close to the skin. Sometimes simplicity can be breathtaking (example: Jean Claude Elena's creations).

    Mike, dude, keep up the good work. I do like the direction you are headed with your fragrances.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Monk: an addicting second glance

    Quote Originally Posted by paintrman
    Even though I whole-heartedly believe in small independents making a big success with their perfumes, this reminds me (as I have said before on a Monk thread) of a scent sold years ago by Avon that my mom gave me. I love insence, especially myrrh and frankincense and copal, etc. This fragrance (to me) seems muddy and discordant. It's a linear fragrance with almost no development or sillage. It seems to be all base notes but...and here is the catch, there are too many base notes and that is where the muddy quality lies. I prefer the bell-like incense quality of CDG's incense series where the incense is clean and pure and not so muddled with other notes that it not only drags it down but keeps the fragrance close to the skin. Sometimes simplicity can be breathtaking (example: Jean Claude Elena's creations).

    Mike, dude, keep up the good work. I do like the direction you are headed with your fragrances.
    Old stone castles in england smell like this, I remember the smell as a child visiting Orford Castle in suffolk in particular. I always had the chilling feeling that there may still be some human remains in such a cold place. Quite disturbing.....(now where is the ghost smiley?)

    I see where you are coming from but those notes just form a chord for me. They make the whole gothic, ruined abbey, slightly spooky stone thing in quite a coherent way, and there is just a hint that an animal may be nesting somewhere near. I don't get muddiness at all, a busy accord but not muddy.

    I don't really like insence in frags much but the combination here means I don't smell it like that. And I can get it to project by applying lots!

    I'm not much of a fan of the other two storers though.
    "Donít try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. Ē - Henri Matisse.

    "Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

    reviews

Similar Threads

  1. Monk by Michael Storer
    By mastorer in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 28th November 2007, 01:59 AM
  2. Michael Storer's Monk
    By tussah in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th November 2007, 01:09 AM
  3. Monk
    By Markinlondon in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16th June 2006, 12:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000