Code of Conduct
    Thrax

Default What are some good fig scents?

I got Dune Pour Homme today and I have to say, I love it! It lacks some lasting power but I LOVE IT! Which makes me think, fig may just be my thing. So please send some good fig scents my way, and please take into consideration longevity and sillage.

Default Re: What are some good fig scents?

Diptyque Philosykos, hands down.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO, the best fig scent is Diptyque Philosykos, which has an amazing depth and complexity. It is fresh and green, and smells like a grove of fig trees on a Greek hillside in the summer.

L'Artisan's Premier Figuier is another top notch fig fragrance. Where Philosykos is more of a 'dry' fig, PF is a 'creamy' fig. The same perfumer (Olivia Giacobetti) made both of these.

These are the two you should try. IMO, you will not find any other fig based fragrances that are better.

Jeff
    Last edited by ajmc; 22nd July 2006 at 05:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Another one worth sniffing is Acqua di Parma's Fico di Amalfi from the Blu Mediteraneo range.

Post Thanks / Like

You could end your search with Diptyque's Philosykos.
    You might also enjoy smelling Jo Malone's Wild Fig and Cassis.
    Another (IMO inferior) option is Marc Jacobs for Men.

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote here for Philosykos. It's the definitive fig!

Would also recommend Jardin en Méditerranée by Hermès.
    My Current Top 5: Terre d'Hermès | Terre de Bois by Miller Harris | Isfarkand by Ormonde Jayne | Brit for Men by Burberry | Grapefruit by Jo Malone

Wardrobe / Reviews

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Jacobs for Men and Davidoff's Good Life also have a dominant fig note. But Philosykos remains the king of figs, as already mentioned above

For a fig scent thats good, cheap and easy to find - try Salvatore Ferragamo pour homme. The original one with the red box.

Of the designer scents I've tried, I'll second Davidoff Good Life--very figgy.

I get more coconut from Marc Jacobs than fig, and to me Salvatore Ferragamo dries down more cedary than figgy.

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

Post Thanks / Like

Good Life and Salvatore Ferragamo are two great fig leaf scents, Ferragamo being the spicier of the two.

Philosykos - well, it smells pretty good for a unisex scent, but is not anywhere near the above two in the longevity, sillage and smells masculine stakes.
    Renato

I'll second the recommendation for Jo Malone's Wild Fig & Cassis. Very green and not sweet, it is different than the other fig scents I have sampled.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy_Thrax
    I got Dune Pour Homme today and I have to say, I love it! It lacks some lasting power but I LOVE IT! Which makes me think, fig may just be my thing. So please send some good fig scents my way, and please take into consideration longevity and sillage.
    i've discovered recently, too, that fig is "my thing". so, i'm glad to hear someone else has been bitten with the fig bug.

as for recs, i agree with all of the options listed above. philosykos is superb, and i think marc jacobs is excellent (though it's longevity is not the best).

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Barry
    Another one worth sniffing is Acqua di Parma's Fico di Amalfi from the Blu Mediteraneo range.
    This is really a wonderful fig/citrus blend - good for summer. Another is Parfumerie Generale's 'Jardins de Kerylos,' which is really quite dry but green and rather woodsy as well. The fig note is fairly prominent too.

Post Thanks / Like

Nautilus Aqua.... if you can find it. This is a recent find. I just tested it. It's a different aquatic/marine scent from the mainstream. The fig note is worth smelling.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Fig is definitly my thing too and I have room in my wardrobe for most of these. But Philosykos is my favorite, hands down. Good Life lets me wear fig to the office. If that makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Premier Figuier is the only Fig I have and it's great. The Ladies like it too...

The only other one I have that has been mentioned is Marc Jacobs but I don't smell fig in it.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]