Code of Conduct

Default Blind buys can be fun!

Guerrilla 2 notes
    top: Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Ginger
    middle: Red Pepper, Curcuma, Raspberry, Tuberose
    base: Vetyver, cedarwood, musk

These are the notes to the fantastic new Comme des Garcons Series 8 'Guerrilla 2.' I bought this blind based on some reviews I read (yes, it's dangerous), but I definitely am not disappointed with this at all. It could easily become a so-called signature fragrance, simply because it has that wonderful combination of notes that grabbed me at first sniff. When a frag does that to me, I know I will be using it as one of my "go to" scents, if all else seems wrong for that day or night. The tuberose is NOT predominant, so for those of us who don't want too much floral stuff going on, that's good. The drydown is just great, the longevity is good, and I suspect the sillage is equal to any demands placed upon it. This is one blind buy that opened my eyes!

Default Re: Blind buys can be fun!

Nice! I agree that they can be fun, but I usually only do blind buys for scents if they are $25 or less. Less risk that way. I got a bargain on some Kouros Fraicheur which sounds like the perfect balance between Kouros and civilization. I can't wait to get it in the mail! Lalique Lion EDP is another blind buy prospect for the near future.

Yes! I agree. My blind buys this year are; Messe de Miniut, Kouros and Yatagan.

I'm not disappointed with any of them, but I've been wearing Yatagan alot. I love the dry down and I've gotten lots of compliments on it. It's outstanding and seems to suit a country boy like myself. Messe de Minuit is nice too, but I'm waiting for cooler weather to wear it more often, as well as Kouros.
    Kouros would work better for me when it's not so hot and humid, like it is now.

I ordered samples of Guerilla 1 and 2 and got them last week. I like #2 better than #1. They are strange, but they'er Comme des Garcons, so you gotta expect something different. The term "guerilla" suits the intire CDG product line in my opinion! Such renegade scents they are!
    S

Many of my best buys have been blind buys, reading the notes have been sufficient info for me.

Still, it's risky and I won't recommend it to anyone.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

I don't know....these scents are meant to evoke a butcher's world.
    Blind buys can also be a nightmare, most of the time. unless you like buying into a concept.

They can be fun, as long as the purchase is limited to $35 or less.

I wouldnt find it fun to spend $150+ on a Creed or L'Artisan which doesnt get along with me at all !

I like blind buying because you end up discovering great scents that you wouldnt ordinarily buy on a fleeting test. It definately broadens your horizons.

Quote Originally Posted by rompip
    I like blind buying because you end up discovering great scents that you wouldnt ordinarily buy on a fleeting test. It definately broadens your horizons.
    Good point!

When you have only a sample you tend to dab/spray an itsy-bitsy bit of it on your arm and take careful sniffs, when you have a whole bottle you really wear the scent and get to know it much better.
    "Wovon man nicht lesen kann, darüber muss man schreiben."

Of course they can be fun! but somehow i feel that i don't have the right to complain if i regret the scents i got that way, i still complain anyways! But yeah there have been moments that went and have never come back and i don't know if i will ever get to try or have this X or Y frag again, so i do get blinds now and then. I just don't make it a hobby!

Fortunately,i've been fairly luck with 'blind buy's'......until now.
    £51 spent on a fragrance that smells like a million others, what a bloody disappointment

It may grow on me, but i doubt i'll give it chance.